Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 07:05 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
If you must know, jag off, it's that I have an account on the site and I've written some stupid things on there about women. I don't like the idea of finding my face plastered on a site because at one point I was unreasonable....I don't like the idea of guys laughing at guys like that, guys like me, just because we had/have problems with the opposite sex. You know nothing of our lives. Not a single thing. I remember a couple years ago I wrote something along the lines of "I think I'm dead"...because I thought it was funny. At the time, I was in a relationship, so I didn't care two shakes what anyone had to say about me...so I put up whatever I felt like or thought was funny at the time. Someone could have easily lifted the page and now I might be being mocked by people who don't even come close to understanding the context in which the stuff was written? That's messed up. But if it makes you feel better about yourself...go ahead.

For example...when I answered the "do you think women are sometimes obligated to have sex with you?" question, I answered 'yes', because if I'm the last man on earth, she's obligated....it's not about her at that point. It's about the species. Thought I was being reasonable...

But yes...look at the losers! How pathetic!

Unfortunately for me, after not having gone on the site for like 8 months, I just went and said 'hey' to a couple girls. All of them hot. So, there you're right.

If I can't talk to hot girls online, I'll find one in real life, where she can't just run away. I've never taken the whole online dating thing seriously. It's extremely debasing to the person (has been my opinion).

Also, I'm really cranky because I haven't slept in 24. So, I'm apologizing for this now, but **** you.
Word of advice: Answer the questions in the context of the real world, not some hypothetical extreme that you will never encounter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 09:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Since it seems like we have a lot of guys who participate (to varying degrees of success) in online dating, here in the Relationships forums of CD...

Somebody just shared this with me on FB.

"nice guys" of okcupid
Putting their faces in there is mean but the quotes--YES.

This flowchart sums it up:

http://niceguysofokc.tumblr.com/image/38257895842

Old 12-21-2012, 09:46 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
That's a matter of opinion. No laws. Nothing. Just me and her.
And, I say she is...I say it doesn't even go so far as "obligation".
Nature obligates it. I know she'd hem and haw...but no one, not even women, especially just one woman, is above nature.
If she's a nun who took a vow of celibacy, she might see things differently.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:58 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
That's a matter of opinion. No laws. Nothing. Just me and her.
And, I say she is...I say it doesn't even go so far as "obligation".
Nature obligates it. I know she'd hem and haw...but no one, not even women, especially just one woman, is above nature.
You are basically advocating rape here. You are also advocating murder.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:30 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
Quote:
You are basically advocating rape here.
Last two people on earth? Yeah, basically. If for whatever the hell weird reason she didn't want to sleep with you to repopulate the species, you'd just force her and make sure it happens. Sorry, some things are just more important than individuals.
Also stay around and force her to do the same and be the "Dad", but ultimately, yeah, species gotta survive.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Last two people on earth? Yeah, basically. If for whatever the hell weird reason she didn't want to sleep with you to repopulate the species, you'd just force her and make sure it happens. Sorry, some things are just more important than individuals.
Also stay around and force her to do the same and be the "Dad", but ultimately, yeah, species gotta survive.
Perhaps according to you. One thing people forget is that their opinions don't have value beyond the tip of their own noses. Any woman strong enough to make it to the last woman on earth is going to be armed. If she doesn't want to repopulate the species, after your (general you) d*ck is shot off, your face will follow. That's what I would do.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:48 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
Why is it so important that your inbred grandchildren repopulate the world and save the species?

Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Why is it so important that your inbred grandchildren repopulate the world and save the species?
Good question. Although I'll be surprised if he or any of them answer it.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I'd like to point out, that while I appreciate a good "f*** you" from time to time...and you do have a point dub dub about the whole "let's mock the losers" idiocy of this site, there is one basic fact people need to get squared away in their brains.

Nothing. NOTHING. Is personal, private, or confidential on the internet. Ever.

If celebrity chicks can have video that was taken between them and a husband in private stolen and uploaded for the titillation of millions, then your little profile on some dating site is bloody fair game.

Now I certainly spill some personal dirt online. Sometimes I vent things in certain forums that I'd lean against wanting my husband to see, if only because it might hurt his feelings, at least until we had a conversation about it (but knowing darn well he talks smack about me when I annoy him, which is fine by me.) But I don't kid myself. Nothing is really private, not really. Nothing is hidden, ultimately. Anything can be seen by anyone, if they try hard enough. And they can react or respond any way they want, including with mockery.

Oh well.

It's also why, despite being a permissive Mom compared to some, I do restrict my boys' internet access very strongly. Nothing is truly off limits if you're online.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
99% of all species that have ever existed have gone extinct, and I doubt humanity will be any different. Hopefully any species that evolves after us will be better stewards of the planet than we have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships