Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 05:12 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,004,409 times

Advertisements

So he called to confirm a date, then texted a couple of times, and you did not reply at all?

No wonder he dumped you. He assumed, based on your complete lack of response that you were going to stand him up.

You can avoid this in the future by having he common decency to respond. How about a text that says:

Really busy at work right now. Looking forward to seeing you Tuesday at 8pm.

Takes about 15 seconds.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:19 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,041,166 times
Maybe you need to put dating on hold until you actually have time to return a phone call or a text. How can you even find the time to go out with this guy if you can't find a few minutes to communicate with him?

How busy are you that you can't take 30 seconds out of your day to do that?

I don't think he's being unreasonable (unless this all happened in the course of one day).

Old 12-21-2012, 05:20 PM

406 posts, read 1,037,055 times
If someone I'm dating "forgot" to return my call, I would dump her and forget about her immediately. It shows you have no respect for that person and his time. That's how I would think.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:21 PM

313 posts, read 663,313 times
He called twice on Tuesday. I was at work saving lives not sitting infront of my computer killing time. He sent a text on Wednesday afternoon, pretty much saying that he has moved on.
It happened before with different guys. They just dumped me because I'm to busy to go out with them. I have friends I hang out with on weekends and family I see every Sunday. If I'm free I go out on dates but there are times I want time on my own too and do my own thing.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 PM

868 posts, read 1,120,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
He called twice on Tuesday. I was at work saving lives not sitting infront of my computer killing time. He sent a text on Wednesday afternoon, pretty much saying that he has moved on.
It happened before with different guys. They just dumped me because I'm to busy to go out with them. I have friends I hang out with on weekends and family I see every Sunday. If I'm free I go out on dates but there are times I want time on my own too and do my own thing.
Don't worry about it YellowT. It sounds like you have a very important job (paramedic maybe?). If he can't give you the benefit of the doubt and some patience, why bother? When you're just "dating" you're not at the stage where you somehow owe that person all your time.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:31 PM

313 posts, read 663,313 times
I worked Tuesday afternoon till Wednesday morning. I got home so tired and forgot to call him. I woke up Wednesday afternoon seeing a text that I got dumped. What did I do wrong?

Old 12-21-2012, 05:33 PM

904 posts, read 1,379,632 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are too busy to be worrying about getting into a relationship.

I think that the 24 hours was a bit short of time for bail, but it sounds to me like you had already decided to get together and he was trying to firm up plans. If that's the case I would have been annoyed also.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:35 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,264,049 times
Quote:
I worked Tuesday afternoon till Wednesday morning. I got home so tired and forgot to call him. I woke up Wednesday afternoon seeing a text that I got dumped. What did I do wrong?

How long have you been dating/whatever? We need more background info.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:35 PM

885 posts, read 1,878,373 times
Honestly - it takes SECONDS to send a text message.

I AM SO FARKIN TIRED of girls pretending like they have no time to respond to guys or talk to them. In less time than it takes to pee, you can respond to a guy. Stop pretending you're so busy.. maybe if you didn't waste time gossiping in the hallways you could respond?

I work three jobs.. and guess what, I can find 15 seconds in my day to write a three line text.. get over yourself and youll stop losing guys.

You are saving lives, great. I have friends who work in the ER too and guess what, they respond all the time!!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:52 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,159,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post

You are saving lives, great. I have friends who work in the ER too and guess what, they respond all the time!!
I'm not saying you're wrong, but to be fair, my mother (nurse) isn't allowed to have her phone on herself unless it's during her lunch break.

My boyfriend works surgery, and same deal. He also has a buddy who works in the ER and can't. My boyfriend only responds to his texts during lunch hour.

OP, I'd say it's a bit silly of him to bail so quickly, but it sounds as if your relationship was still hardly a relationship, judging by the fact that he "dumped" you via text. Move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.