Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 06:55 PM

313 posts, read 664,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
I honestly dont even bother with people who are too busy to respond.

I've had CEO's of companies respond to me from 20,000 ft in the air. If you have to plan out when you are going to respond to my text...well you are just too busy and not good enough with time management for me. I don't mean to be angry, I have just heard this story over and over - there is always some kind of BS attached to it though. "I could have responded to him during lunch, but I was busy gossiping it up with my girls"

I respond to girls 24/7. Send me a message at 2am - that's better than no message. If I don't to be woken up my phone would be on silent!
Sorry but I don't respond to guys text when it's late at night especially if I know he has to get up early in the morning. I will tho the next day.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
I work in a busy Level One Trauma Hospital ED and few Drs, RNs or EMTs don't carry their cellphone. If you actually like someone you make an effort to communicate with them. You sound as if you're not ready to make any effort for a potential mate because you are unwilling to make compromises between your work, your friends and your family.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:07 PM

885 posts, read 1,881,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Sorry but I don't respond to guys text when it's late at night especially if I know he has to get up early in the morning. I will tho the next day.
If he cant figure out how to manage his cell phone enough to push the silent button than that's his issue.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:18 PM

313 posts, read 664,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
I'm sorry yellow but you have to eat..you have to go to the bathroom. There are times when you are not hectic busy. The excuse is not valid in my opinion.
Like what I said that night was crazy busy that I couldn't take a break to make a personal call or even pee. I deal with patients who are mentally ill. The ones who other people dont want to be around with. They are the bad ones, very unpredictable, sneaky, manipulative, argumentative, suicidal. You name it, I have probably dealt with it. I had a patient who was trying to kill himself that night, was physically abusive to staff and was danger to other patients. Three strong guys couldn't hold him down. Do you think the first thing on my mind was to call this guy back? I was more concern about my patient, his safety and the safety of other patients and staff in our unit.
It was ridiculous that he dumped me without asking why. He wasn't even worried why I didn't reply or what happened at work why it's taking me so long to respond. All he care about was, " I never get a reply I should dump this girl" . I think that was being inconsiderate and selfish.

Old 12-21-2012, 07:41 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
I think he was into me because both our last dates he drove almost two hours to meet me. When he asked me to go out the third time, he said if I agree he's willing to drive again.
I hate to state the obvious here, but what the heck. He WASN'T all that into you, otherwise he wouldn't have dumped you so quickly. Doesn't matter that he was willing to drive the first two times...you just weren't worth the effort to him the last time, especially since he hadn't heard from you.

Quote:
Like what I said that night was crazy busy that I couldn't take a break to make a personal call or even pee. I deal with patients who are mentally ill. The ones who other people dont want to be around with. They are the bad ones, very unpredictable, sneaky, manipulative, argumentative, suicidal. You name it, I have probably dealt with it. I had a patient who was trying to kill himself that night, was physically abusive to staff and was danger to other patients. Three strong guys couldn't hold him down. Do you think the first thing on my mind was to call this guy back? I was more concern about my patient, his safety and the safety of other patients and staff in our unit.
It was ridiculous that he dumped me without asking why. He wasn't even worried why I didn't reply or what happened at work why it's taking me so long to respond. All he care about was, " I never get a reply I should dump this girl" . I think that was being inconsiderate and selfish.
So...text him when you get off work. I am still not understanding the issue.
I work with kids all day. I can't turn my back on them, can't step out to pee and my phone is in my bag and on silent during working hours. I don't think about my missed calls or texts during the day at all either. My focus is my class.

However....if you recieved a call or text and noticed it after working hours, I'm not sure how it couldn't be on your mind to call him back. If you aren't looking at your phone during work then aren't you seeing these missed texts and calls when you turn your phone back on after work, during whatever free time you have at that moment? I mean you are looking at the text on your phone right? I can't understand how the call or text ISN'T on your mind at that point.

When I am done with work I turn my phone on and check for messages, texts and my calendar for the evening. If a text came in I give a quick response. If a call came in I listen to the message and either text back or call back when I have a few minutes (usually while I'm walking out to my car).

I don't really think he was being inconsiderate and selfish either. Why should his world revolve around you when you can't return a simple text? He assumed you were too busy for him, and he wasn't willing to waste his time waiting for you. You just aren't on the same page when it comes to communication.

I also noticed you posted on CD on Tuesday late afternoon, then again in the evening and then on Wed in the early morning....so you were REALLY busy at work saving lives and couldn't call him but you could post on here. See...you just weren't that into him otherwise you would have been calling or texting him at those times.

Last edited by *Sixy*; 12-21-2012 at 07:49 PM..

Old 12-21-2012, 07:41 PM

885 posts, read 1,881,812 times
I wouldnt call it dumping you.

It's very simple.

2 dates.

He calls and texts and gets no reply.

In his mind you aren't into him. I agree with him.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,346,810 times
Quote:

Ok I can understand the one night but you said this has happened a few times now. So either, you have terrible luck choosing overly needy guys or you are having trouble communicating with these guys. It's just my opinion of course, but if you don't want this trend to continue, then an option is to make a more cognizant effort to respond to calls and texts quicker than you have in the past.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:23 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazah1080 View Post
I honestly dont even bother with people who are too busy to respond.

I've had CEO's of companies respond to me from 20,000 ft in the air.

Your going to have to share who your carrier is..... I don't know anyone who gets reception at 20000 feet.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:30 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,943,863 times
I agree with him. Any one with self respect would have done the same thing You know where you stumbled and now it seems like you're seeking validation and trying to rationalize him dumping you by exaggerating how busy you are. I've been there and done that. Its not that he's not that into you. You're just not that into him if you can't find a couple seconds to respond to a call or text.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Your going to have to share who your carrier is..... I don't know anyone who gets reception at 20000 feet.
At the last company I worked at all of our jets were equipped with wifi and other means of communicating. We had two Gulfstreams that had perfectly functioning fax machines that could easily send faxes at 20k feet

If he was a CEO, he could have that capability.

As for the OP, maybe I'm a bit crazy but if a person ignores me for a day or two I basically write them off as not interested anymore. Even a 'Good Morning' or 'How are you' text is nice and takes 10 seconds to type out. Would I text them and let them know? No, I'd just go on my merry way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships