Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2012, 01:40 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,172,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Like I said, it's different with people you know, but when you have a new person you are interested in and vice versa then it would be the respectful thing to do to send a simple text saying you are too busy to talk ect..That way they can make their own plans for the day instead of putting effort into thinking of you.

As I stated, this is up to the person and their “needs”
I am a single parent, I work for a living, I follow the flow of cash plain and simple since I do not rely on a man to pay my bills…

My main priorities? Are the need to make money to pay and provide for my son..To provide him with as much love and guidance as I am able without depriving him of his mother…
A man? Is a good thing. I value true relationships as any other person does..
I value and respect myself s a person and value those whom value and respect themselves…

I bring to the table the following,
1. Honesty to a fault
2. Loyalty in every sense of the word
3. Support
4. Love

I feel if a man is confident in himself? And what he brings into the relationship/ Is hard working and can offer me the same?
I will be happy.
I do not require mass amounts of time rather quality of time spent.
I would rather chill and watch a great football game, boxing match with a few beers and friends, time in bed..My depiction of love does not include tons of hours spent on me if they are spent to show me how they much they care if the time spent is spent carelessly…he is there but not present. Too absorbed with calls, texting, playing video games , fishing and I am merely present so it appears as if we are spending time together. Phone calls trying to find topics to discuss just to occupy quiet space..
I would rather take advantage of real in depth and meaningful conversations when we have time…
Not just texting back and forth “going to lunch” “How was your day” “My boss is an a hole”
Again just to fill up with what an expected attraction should be..
Rather than being upfront..”I am a extremely busy person, my job demands a lot from me’ “I think about you often even though it may not seem like it.”
“So if I respond late it does not mean I am talking to anyone else because I am not, you are the only one I am talking to you.” “And if you take the time to get to know me, you will come to this conclusion.”

There are way to many people that place mass texting as importance when trying to tell someone they like them or that this is the norm..
The understanding should be there if the person explains themselves..
After all..anyone can spend random hours on the phone and still not be the person that you care to be with or are meant to be with..,.
I am not seeking the guy that sends me mass texts..I am looking for the one that is honest, states things as they are and follows through with what they state…
So what you stated is based solely on your perception of what you feel is a healthy way to begin a relationship..This may very well be the opinion of others as well..
But I am not in a relationship with YOU or them SIMPLY because these re not the qualities in which you feel are the basic foundation of healthy beginning based on your perception..
However this does not speak for everyone…

Old 12-22-2012, 01:43 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I think if a guy would dump me for not returning his call, I would be happy that I got away from him.
If I really really liked a girl, I could not see any possible reason that I would not return their call or text them. As a guy, I hate talking on the phone or texting, but if a girl I had feelings for or a crush on texted me, I would definatly find time to text them back to make sure they knew I cared. It takes like 10 seconds to explain you are busy. I suppose some people do not have '10 seconds' in life to show they care about a new love.

I respect peoples' opinion if they say what you just said about not calling or texting people back, but you do deserve someone who does the same thing to you and shouldn't complain when you need to fill your schedule, but can't do it because that person doesn't have the time for things like that. They don't have the time to tell you Saturday at 8pm or Friday at 2pm. I guess you can just wait around and plan on not doing anything during those hours until they text you back, whenever that may be.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:48 AM

The proof that the OP is full of it about not having time, is by the amount of posts she has posted in this thread and the time that took for her to do it, plain and simple. Instead of writting a thread on here she could have spent less time texting the guy back saying she forgot to text him and would like to do something....if she really cared enough about the guy I mean...but here we are on city-data.com exchanging messages that take up some time which cuts into my dookey and pee pee time.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:07 AM

289 posts, read 396,216 times
Quote:
The proof that the OP is full of it about not having time, is by the amount of posts she has posted in this thread and the time that took for her to do it, plain and simple. Instead of writting a thread on here she could have spent less time texting the guy back saying she forgot to text him and would like to do something....if she really cared enough about the guy I mean...but here we are on city-data.com exchanging messages that take up some time which cuts into my dookey and pee pee time.
I obviously have no idea what the OPs life is like, but you and a lot of the other people responding are making way too many assumptions.

Not everyone lives the life and works the hours that you do.

The OP might be posting here during her first free time after 3 straight weeks of work for all we know. As someone who tends to work insane hours more often than I'd like and occasionally has random slow weeks where I can do things like post on a forum I think that you're being a bit unfair.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toroid View Post
I obviously have no idea what the OPs life is like, but you and a lot of the other people responding are making way too many assumptions.

The OP might be posting here during her first free time after 3 straight weeks of work for all we know. As someone who tends to work insane hours more often than I'd like and occasionally has random slow weeks where I can do things like post on a forum I think that you're being a bit unfair.
You know the old saying, "It's the little things that count" or "It's the thought that matters"...and that is true for people like me. I've been really busy in my past before at a call center for 10 hours a day and I made time as I was walking to my car to go home to text someone.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:52 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Quote:

Actually, the OP is full of garbage about not having time. She said she worked Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning.

Yet there she was on City-Data Tuesday afternoon and night...

PART 2: Does he like me or just being friendly thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/27401848-post8.html

Old 12-22-2012, 02:53 AM

289 posts, read 396,216 times
Quote:
...and that is true for people like me...
Then you wouldn't ever want to date someone like the OP.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
Anybody here who got dumped for being unavailable?

I got dumped again for not returning a guy's call and for not texting him back. It wasn't intentional. I was just very busy with work. He called me to plan our date but there was so much things going on with my life that I totally forgot to call him back and to reply to his texts ( I've been working 12 hours and been working nights) Then he sent me a text saying that he has moved on. Ofcourse, I did not reply to it because it was too obvious that he dumped me and what else is there to say.

Its not the firs time that it happened so maybe I'm doing something wrong. I thought guys like women who have their own lives and not dependent on them? You know, women who have hobbies, an actual job and friends they hang out with.

It sucks getting dumped for something like this. Guys, what do you think am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

not all guys are jerks.

Old 12-22-2012, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Actually, the OP is full of garbage about not having time. She said she worked Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday morning.

Yet there she was on City-Data Tuesday afternoon and night...

PART 2: Does he like me or just being friendly thread.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/27401848-post8.html
Oh damn...lol

Old 12-22-2012, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Then you wouldn't ever want to date someone like the OP.
Been there, done that. I am looking for someone who knows how to communicate and who values the little things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.