Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 08:06 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times

Advertisements

I have found from my first hand experience that most women prefer a hard body and muscles along with the right mix of equipment downstairs and intelligence. Generally being fit makes you more confident and self assured, which women find attractive almost as much as the muscles.

Like anything in life, if you workout too much you can erode the other relationships and responsibilities in life. Also one needs to consider the long-term effects of the hardcore dieting and drug use (which aren't worth it in my opinion).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
**** like this annoys me, when it sounds like bragging, when it really isn't, it's just telling it like it is.

If Dave would've said his thing is small or average, no one would be questioning him, yet they think it's bragging or lying since it is ? You are aware some men have large penises, right ? Seems to be an issue only when it's men, too. Telling like it is gets considered bragging when it's better than the average.

****. Out of my feelings now.

Listen MR MOODY get a grip!!!

Dave did not take offence and it was not ment in bad way. I did not hurt his feelings in any way by asking him a question so but out and take your moods out on someone else!!!! Thanks

Old 01-03-2013, 12:03 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Listen MR MOODY get a grip!!!

Dave did not take offence and it was not ment in bad way. I did not hurt his feelings in any way by asking him a question so but out and take your moods out on someone else!!!! Thanks
Did she really just tell someone to 'but out' of a conversation on a public forum, though. Sheesh.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Did she really just tell someone to 'but out' of a conversation on a public forum, though. Sheesh.
Yes I did. Please stop bothering me

Old 01-03-2013, 01:13 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
What's really awesome is that my children are still home on Christmas break so I can listen to and read squabbling at the same time.

When people talk about bodybuilding, I think of competitive bodybuilders who are overtanned, oiled up, very vascular, and wearing a Speedo. I know it's supposed to be BEHOLD! I AM ALL THAT IS MAN! but the orange skin and veins are not for me at all. If bodybuilding is not about competition, why the fascination with that level of muscularity?

Most of all, though, I recognize that I am not compatible with someone who lives such a radically different lifestyle from mine. I believe that 1) most men who call themselves bodybuilders are extremely concerned about appearance, 2) they probably prefer women who are very fit, possibly with exaggerated muscles herself, and almost definitely with breast implants, and 3) to these men, whether a woman is pretty in the face is secondary to how she looks in yoga pants and a tank top. I may be wrong about these assumptions, but I doubt it. Being a vegetarian, what I do for fun, my beliefs about a healthy lifestyle, how I like to exercise, how I prioritize my time and finances, my expectations about my mate's priorities, how I prefer to look, etc. ... we're not on the level about a lot of things.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:43 AM

763 posts, read 2,604,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I really have no idea...but QT's height does NOT give him an advantage over Brad Pitt or Matt Damon or even James McAvoy (who is only 5'7") in the looks (and overall sex appeal) department
QT is not attractive at all. I don't care how tall he is. Yuck.
Matt D......cuuttiiee (but, too short for me) Same for Mark W.
Brad P......yum-meee! (just perfection.... )
Ashton K......extremely sexy (and tall!)
Matthew Mc......ditto above!

Extreme muscles are not attractive -- and that goes for both genders.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM

45 posts, read 64,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KABurke View Post
Brad P......yum-meee! (just perfection.... )
Mhm, yep. ^^
I remember when I went with a few friends and saw the movie Troy, I noticed them sitting like spellbound with large blinking eyes and half-open mouths whenever Brad Pitt was on-screen, and it was really hard to get their attention then.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
The people on here are pretty harsh towards others who like to stay in shape and work out hard.

Either way, I'm no bodybuilder.. but I do stay in shape. Due to my busy schedule I don't always keep up with working out and there are months where I look skinnier and months where I look bigger. I get much better reception from women when I am in better shape and stronger looking.

I have a couple of buddies who look like your typical bodybuilders, and they get approached in bars by women way more than me or any of my friends that don't keep a very tight schedule of powerlifting.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:12 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,095 times
I alway found very muscular, beefy looking bodybuilders kinda gross looking.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:56 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
When I was heavy into lifting in my 20's I did get more intitial looks then I did before than. I was actually having fatigue and joint issues from excessive lifting when I should have been in peak health. I could see how it could take over your life, and figured I had much more fun things to do with my time. By the time I hit 30 I was wise enough to work out to be healthy and not just to bulk up. I'm still about the same weight but I am much healthier now then than
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships