Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a guy that played video games?
Yes, I would it does not bother me. 35 64.81%
No, I wouldn't because it is too childish 19 35.19%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I prefer someone who has a life.
I have a life. It is just that video games are a small part of it. Key words: SMALL PART.

I like to go party on Fri and Sat nights with the best of them but I need to kill time during the day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Plays video games? Don't care. I have a PS3, though we don't play very often (too busy). I don't see anything wrong with playing a video game now and then.

Is a gamer and makes gaming a priority? Yes, unattractive. But so are so many other things.
Anyone who does worthless stuff for any large amount of free time that they could be using to better themselves is unattractive. That includes just watching tv for hours or facebooking or whatever.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:17 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,690,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Plays video games? Don't care. I have a PS3, though we don't play very often (too busy). I don't see anything wrong with playing a video game now and then.

Is a gamer and makes gaming a priority? Yes, unattractive. But so are so many other things.
Anyone who does worthless stuff for any large amount of free time that they could be using to better themselves is unattractive. That includes just watching tv for hours or facebooking or whatever.
Wouldn't what someone does with there time and if its worthless to them or not be up to them and not the the outside. Also who says video games can't be used to better themselves or don't have any benefits at all.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaybirdX View Post
Wouldn't what someone does with there time and if its worthless to them or not be up to them and not the the outside. Also who says video games can't be used to better themselves or don't have any benefits at all.
Doing brainless stuff for down time has its own advantages and usefulness.
However, I think you know what I mean.
And the question the op posed was asking for my opinion.
Of course you can get a different opinion from whomever you ask. It's all subjective, of course.
I am sure someone out there thinks picking his toenails is a good use of time that betters him.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:19 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,690,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Doing brainless stuff for down time has its own advantages and usefulness.
However, I think you know what I mean.
And the question the op posed was asking for my opinion.
Of course you can get a different opinion from whomever you ask. It's all subjective, of course.
I am sure someone out there thinks picking his toenails is a good use of time that betters him.
Video games it can be brainless stuff like call of duty or more thinking like Simcity where you run a city taxes, utilities and all that jazz. I worked at a youth center where we used this game called portal to introduce the kids to physics.

Portal Gameplay/walkthrough 2 [LONG][PC] - YouTube

Besides someone who picks there toenails a lot sounds like someone who practices extreme hygiene.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:40 AM

I understand you're trying to defend video games - please refer to the part of my post where I said I had no issue with people playing them from time to time (and that I have a console myself - my all time fave game besides SMB is GTA:SA) but that I found gaming as a lifestyle choice to be unattractive.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:51 AM

410 posts, read 514,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
wow really? ok that surprises me, but by gamer I don't mean farmville or any of that nonsense. Btw, are you two older than 25. I kinda still expect a girl that is 15-25 to play them. js.
I'm 37 and I still love playing video games but not as often anymore.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 PM

30 posts, read 92,107 times
Eh, if it isn't taken to excess then who cares? And as long as I'm not forced to play of course Couples don't have to do everything together, it's normal for each person to have some of their own interests.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM

681 posts, read 616,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am addicted to Angry Birds. Other than that I don't have interest in video games. I bought a Wii when they came out. I think I have played it 4 times. I do enjoy playing the classic games when I find them especially Galaga.
You bought a WII, first mistake right there

Old 12-28-2012, 01:26 PM

681 posts, read 616,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEyes84 View Post
Eh, if it isn't taken to excess then who cares? And as long as I'm not forced to play of course Couples don't have to do everything together, it's normal for each person to have some of their own interests.
Aww but that takes all the fun out of it! As for earlier, yes I asked for people's opinions, by looking at this thread, I can see why some people feel the way they do. I wanted to go out tonight and I asked a friend of mine and he told me he couldn't because he was throwing a LAN party. ok, lan party or chicks? Seems like a no brainer to me, I am a gamer too, but I would choose girls over a game anyday, it's this kind of stuff that does turn me off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships