Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times

Advertisements

I'm an insomniac, what better is there for me to do at 2 oclock in the morning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 12:17 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Where else can you sit and be this entertained in the comfort of your home without commercial interruption. Than again, I usually have the boob tube on surf youtube videos, while I read the threads, sorta read threads and surf and surf.
Me too. I am too ADD to just watch tv or anything. I read and watch tv at the same time. Sometimes it is forums. Sometimes blogs. Sometimes books.

I like to kill downtime with reading. And I have a lot of boring conference calls.

But all gadgets are retired when socializing

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Me too. I am too ADD to just watch tv or anything. I read and watch tv at the same time. Sometimes it is forums. Sometimes blogs. Sometimes books.

I like to kill downtime with reading. And I have a lot of boring conference calls.

But all gadgets are retired when socializing

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Butofcourse.

Yeah, think, I might have a touch of ADD too, I sometimes have the tv on while I'm reading a book, but, in general, I'm always multitasking. I know I need to take up meditation, but even then, have a difficult time sitting still. Music is probably the only thing that can tame this beast. Then again, I'm usually listen and moving to it at the same time.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Some people type faster than others. I can write a dozen posts in about 20 minutes--so CD time might not be as time consuming as you think.

My usual CD time is early in the morning, or in between work assignments. At work I have lots of little bits of time when I have nothing much else I can do for 5-10 minutes. At home I'm usually up an hour or so before the rest of the people in my house, and CD is a quiet activity I can do that won't wake up the sleepers. It's also something I can do while hanging out with the family if they're doing something that I don't really enjoy, like watching the game. That way I can be with the family, but also paying attention to something I find a little more interesting than football.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:15 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
I usually log on when I'm bored at work or between projects. Rarely from home unless I'm bored, procrastinating on some responsible, grown up thing I should be doing or there's a particularly entertaining and/or heated thread I'm following.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
I would love to have one of these jobs where one is so bored one has time to post on CD. If I'm on, I'm not at work. Occasionally, I'll check CD at lunch, but rarely post then b/c we also have little privacy in our office.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
I am on every single day, A few times a day. City-data rocks. It is not to the point where it interferes with anything though and thus would not be a turn off. For example, Waiting on line at the grocery store: Check City-data. Waiting for the bus: Check City data. Skydiving out of an aircraft while doing Kung-Fu against bad guys in mid-air....Check City-data. : )

Old 12-26-2012, 09:50 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d. Scott View Post
i am on every single day, a few times a day. City-data rocks. It is not to the point where it interferes with anything though and thus would not be a turn off. For example, waiting on line at the grocery store: Check city-data. waiting for the bus: Check city data. Skydiving out of an aircraft while doing kung-fu against bad guys in mid-air....check city-data. : )

lmao!

Old 12-26-2012, 03:21 PM

14,016 posts, read 20,905,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Or maybe it's more about what people actually post than the actual amount of time spent here. I dunno. Discuss (and I'll be writing people off as lonely cat hoarders if anyone replies to this on Christmas Day).
(The above is from the OP). Agree and disagree. First, it's a bit arrogant to judge people who happen to post on Christmas day. I am divorced and live alone, but am not at all a recluse. I left home at 3:45 P.M. to attend a Christmas dinner party, and returned about 1:00 A.M. So what would that say about me if I had posted in the morning on the 25th? Nothing, absolutely nothing. If someone concluded (from any post I probably did make on that morning) that I had no life outside of City-Data, that would be simply an incorrect conclusion.

If people have no major interests or activities outside of City-Data, I find that sad and regrettable. But, having said that, people can do a lot worse. Sitting in front of the TV drinking too much alcohol would be a lot worse. And at least C-D, depending on which forums one frequents, can be mentally stimulating and one can learn a lot. (Yes, there is crap to wade through to get to the good stuff, but there is good stuff. I have learned a lot on the History Forum, for example, and have had some good discussions on the Books sub-forum. There is a good number of intelligent and thoughtful posters in the Retirement Forum, along with others who post bland pablum.)

Old 12-27-2012, 01:55 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,296 times
Whenever I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps, I visit the Relationships forum.

It is so healing to read. Whatever problems I have fade into insignifcance in comparison to some, who seem to find even relating to another human being a daunting task.

Cheers me up, every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships