Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 01:20 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
male or female makes no difference, 3% of the population is chased and the other 97% ignored.
People keep posting stats like this. 90% of the men are after 10% of the women, and so on. But at the same time, the guys incessantly post that women have men lining up to date them, they get hit on all day. Does anyone (besides the women here) see a contradiction in this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 01:23 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if you pursue him u will get to sleep with brad pitt, but he will use u like a cheap pair of socks and throw u away. steady eddy will not. to steady eddy u r a prize to keep forever.
unfortunately per the divorce stats steady eddy is not in high demand. male or female makes no difference, 3% of the population is chased and the other 97% ignored.
these facts posted will not prevent young women a and many not too young from lining up to be mistreated and dumped by a good looking jerk.
But some women don't want steady Eddy bc according to some women he is "boring". Sure, they'll try him out for awhile after having been mistreated in a previous relationship. But then some of those women will get antsy and start to look for "excitement". At that point good ole Eddy is toast. It's a self fulfilling thing.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
But some women don't want steady Eddy bc according to some women he is "boring". Sure, they'll try him out for awhile after having been mistreated in a previous relationship. But then some of those women will get antsy and start to look for "excitement". At that point good ole Eddy is toast. It's a self fulfilling thing.
And men do the same thing. Why settle for the good woman who actually likes you when you can have the bipolar crazy chick who is amazing in bed?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:26 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Steady Eddy will be toast only to those women who have a neurotic need for "excitement". There are plenty of other women who would be interested in him. All he has to do is put himself out there, and find those women.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
And men do the same thing. Why settle for the good woman who actually likes you when you can have the bipolar crazy chick who is amazing in bed?
How often do you hear of men seeking the exciting/non-boring woman? Its more often that you hear women talking about the boring guy versus the exciting guy. There's plenty of threads on CD that prove my point.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Steady Eddy will be toast only to those women who have a neurotic need for "excitement". There are plenty of other women who would be interested in him. All he has to do is put himself out there, and find those women.
I don't think that it's only neurotic women that go around want constant excitement. It's crazy I know but those women are out there.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
How often do you hear of men seeking the exciting/non-boring woman? Its more often that you hear women talking about the boring guy versus the exciting guy. There's plenty of threads on CD that prove my point.
Almost always. My guy friends/coworkers/family etc. nearly ALWAYS go after the crazy hot chick. They will handily pick the crazy hot chick over the stable, more boring woman because they know she'll probably still be waiting around for him when he has had enough of the crazy.

My girlfriends generally always go after the boring/non-exciting men. Stability and genuine love are rare commodities.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:31 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,107,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Exactly. I don't go for some Brad Pitt hunk. I think most of the guys I've dated have been pretty average. I try to pick "nice" guys but Jet is right, sometimes so called good guys seem to prefer a chick who is laden with problems and drama. Maybe they enjoy the excitement or they like feeling needed and being able to rescue her...or they just enjoy being treated like crap. I saw this good looking couple a few weeks ago when I was getting my oil changed. This chick was talking to her boyfriend like he was the dumbest person she ever met. In front of everyone. It doesn't make anymore sense to me why guys put up with that crap then women who put up with jerks because they are good looking. Same diff.

So going back to following the rules. Do guys fall for women who act aloof and are harder to get than one who is open, honest, and makes it known she's available and want to date him?

Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I'll be 29 on Wednesday. I would consider a year or two younger than me and no older than late 30's. My last two dating experiences with Match guys have been that they were divorced and I don't think they were really ready to date and have a relationship. And I've also dated guys in their 30's off of there that just seemed happy in life without a relationship. I think they just wanted someone to see once a week or so.

I've had 5 dates with another divorced guy on there and I'm really trying to change my approach this time. I've let him initiate all the dates so far and I didn't hear from him yesterday, but I didn't initiate a conversation. I don't know if being slightly more aloof will make any difference, but I figure it's worth a shot. I don't think the Rules are really that out there.
I don't know for sure but I would bet that divorced men in their 30s are also commitment shy.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post

Exactly. I don't go for some Brad Pitt hunk. I think most of the guys I've dated have been pretty average. I try to pick "nice" guys but Jet is right, sometimes so called good guys seem to prefer a chick who is laden with problems and drama. Maybe they enjoy the excitement or they like feeling needed and being able to rescue her...or they just enjoy being treated like crap. I saw this good looking couple a few weeks ago when I was getting my oil changed. This chick was talking to her boyfriend like he was the dumbest person she ever met. In front of everyone. It doesn't make anymore sense to me why guys put up with that crap then women who put up with jerks because they are good looking. Same diff.

So going back to following the rules. Do guys fall for women who act aloof and are harder to get than one who is open, honest, and makes it known she's available and want to date him?
It only took a few episodes of the show 'Bridezillas' to make me wonder how women like that find men who wan to marry them while I'm alone.

As for the rules, I think if a woman shows any sort of attraction or makes it known she's available she's seen as easy. Being easy is apparently the worst thing a woman can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships