Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 03:21 PM

8 posts, read 6,961 times

Advertisements

someone from the past you didn't expect to see again? That's is what happened to me. It's someone I wasn't nice way back in my teen years.

About 6 months ago, on one of the reunions I saw Martha again (she's good friend with my fiance's cousin). Though now we're both 25, she doesn't exactly have good memories of me nor of my former friends. I won't go into details of what we did but it was enough for her to go to another school by 12th grade. I know this because during that year, several people told me she left and it was mainly me who was the cause.

When I saw her again that day, I seriously wanted to faint. I was at lost and didn't know what to do. So I just greeted Martha as if I were seeing her for the first time after a long while (pretended not to know her very well) and just started talking. Ever since then I've been inviting her to hang-outs and spa trips with my friends (no, not the ones I used to be friends with but new friends).

Already feeling awful that I don't feel like talking about it nor want to get reminded. So sure if I'm doing right in trying to make things right without saying sorry (my way of starting all over again).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 03:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,830,907 times
An ex bully eh? Lol

Old 12-24-2012, 03:25 PM

She hasn't said anything about it and seems to have forgotten. Has she or is she gonna mention this at some point?

I haven't told my fiance nor anyone about this either. Not sure if there is a point.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
An ex bully eh? Lol
Well at the very least I'm inviting her sometimes with my friends. That's doing something instead of nothing.

Needless to say I didn't expect to run into her again. I didn't want to run into anything that reminds of me how I was then. I guess moving on didn't work. I had to see her again and now she's gonna be part of the family.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:29 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,345,340 times
This ain't criminal law. There are no statute of limitations on an apology especially when you are 100% in the wrong.

If you have truly reformed you would feel the need to make an apology. Sounds to me you are still the coward you were in high school.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,830,907 times
She may of forgiven you, but did not forget.
I never forget what people are capable of.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
If you have truly reformed you would feel the need to make an apology. Sounds to me you are still the coward you were in high school.
Not a coward but how would you feel if you're trying to forget something you did? Something you've felt terrible for a long time and just want to forget it and start fresh..that you simply don't want to talk about it.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:35 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,495,051 times
Please apologize to her and clear the air. She will definitely feel better about herself, and you won't be worrying the rest of your life that someone will remember or bring it up at the wrong time. Painful memories from childhood/growing up NEVER leave us, but an acknowledgement and apology from one who caused any of the bad times can make one's emotional load a lot lighter. Plus, you will be a big person for doing so, and I, as well as others who agree with me, will be proud of you. Let us know what you do.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:37 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandieD View Post
Not a coward but how would you feel if you're trying to forget something you did? Something you've felt terrible for a long time and just want to forget it and start fresh..that you simply don't want to talk about it.
I think you should apologize.

Even if she doesn't care about it anymore, she'll appreciate the fact that you cared enough to bring it up. Best case scenario, you make her feel VERY good about things. Worst case scenario, it's not a big deal anymore and you both just laugh it off.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:39 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,345,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandieD View Post
Cuz this ain't about your feelings. It's about hers.

Not understanding that shows you are still immature and not grounded...the same person who bullies.

When I'm wrong, and it's a lot, I never just try to brush it under the rug.

If you truly feel sorry you'll realize that only a sincere apology will restore the respect and dignity you owe her and what you denied in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships