Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:20 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times

Advertisements

I just really don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything, from going to bars and clubs to online dating, to just trying to meet people through friends. I am not desperate or anything, but it just seems that I keep running into the "wrong people". If there is a room full of women and I pick one, you better believe it's gonna somehow be the one with the most emotional baggage which I am tired of. I have also given up on dating overly attractive women. It's not that I can't get them, it's just that I am not going to be their emotional tampon while they treat me like crap just because they think they are god's gift to men so I am looking for an "average girl" and even that has been a challenge.

I had one girl that I was kinda interested in, if anyone remembers the facebook girl that I mentioned a while back well I sent her a pic and she said I was handsome and she always seems interested in my texts and stuff, but I sense fear and anxiety from her, though we have never talked on the phone or anything. Well sure enough, cutie pie tells me today that she is picky because her ex screwed her over(9yr relationship, broke up for 2 yrs) and that now shes cautious and scared to start a new relationship. I told her that love is a risk and that you have to risk it sometimes. I mean is this even something worth pursuing? I am afraid I will just get hurt and disappointed by another woman that doesn't have it together emotionally. I have also ran into two other women this month that flat out told me that they would never get married to anyone again since they were hurt so much. I mean isn't that unfair to generalize a whole gender for a mistake made by the person accepting the relationship? I thought women always had the final say on whether a relationship started or not.

Also, why are women so picky? I am not saying a girl should sleep with everybody, but it seems women these days have an unending list of items on a check off list for guys to fill. I really wanted to find a wife one day and have kids, but its starting to look like I can just forget about marriage and the only way I am going to have kids is by hooking up with someone in a not so serious relationship which I didn't want to do.

Oh, did I forget to mention the loads of girls that check me out with their bfs? But when they are single, no one looks at me! Wtf? Am I doing something wrong here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2012, 09:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Um anyone can brag on the net of how hot they are.

I'm so hot that the playboy bunnies envy me.

Ha not!

And by the way all females get emotional at times. Like men tampons don't absorb everything all the time.
Hurt animals take awhile to trust.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
get out of the relationship biz. get off facebook and get out of the bars.
go to church. take adult ed self improvement, take dance classes, ballroom, get good at it go to dances enjoy it dont dance in bars or where alcohol is taken. get confident enjoy it its contageous. low social self esteem is like skunk juice to women.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:31 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
Women will always be emotional. Learn to deal with it or don't get into serious relationships.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
"It's not them it's you."
"You need to see a therapist."
"If you're not happy with yourself, no one will be happy with you."
"You hate women."
"You bring nothing to the table."
"You have low self esteem."
"Your standards are too high."
"You come off as desperate."
"You're too nice."
"You need to be confident."

That's about all you'll get here.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 PM

354 posts, read 517,905 times
LOOOOL. OP, pls watch catfish that FB cutie pie who wont talk on phone and u havent met in person may very well be catfishing u. haha. the signs are all there.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:40 PM

387 posts, read 408,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandate_of_Heaven View Post
I just really don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything, from going to bars and clubs to online dating, to just trying to meet people through friends. I am not desperate or anything, but it just seems that I keep running into the "wrong people". If there is a room full of women and I pick one, you better believe it's gonna somehow be the one with the most emotional baggage which I am tired of. I have also given up on dating overly attractive women. It's not that I can't get them, it's just that I am not going to be their emotional tampon while they treat me like crap just because they think they are god's gift to men so I am looking for an "average girl" and even that has been a challenge.

I had one girl that I was kinda interested in, if anyone remembers the facebook girl that I mentioned a while back well I sent her a pic and she said I was handsome and she always seems interested in my texts and stuff, but I sense fear and anxiety from her, though we have never talked on the phone or anything. Well sure enough, cutie pie tells me today that she is picky because her ex screwed her over(9yr relationship, broke up for 2 yrs) and that now shes cautious and scared to start a new relationship. I told her that love is a risk and that you have to risk it sometimes. I mean is this even something worth pursuing? I am afraid I will just get hurt and disappointed by another woman that doesn't have it together emotionally. I have also ran into two other women this month that flat out told me that they would never get married to anyone again since they were hurt so much. I mean isn't that unfair to generalize a whole gender for a mistake made by the person accepting the relationship? I thought women always had the final say on whether a relationship started or not.

Also, why are women so picky? I am not saying a girl should sleep with everybody, but it seems women these days have an unending list of items on a check off list for guys to fill. I really wanted to find a wife one day and have kids, but its starting to look like I can just forget about marriage and the only way I am going to have kids is by hooking up with someone in a not so serious relationship which I didn't want to do.

Oh, did I forget to mention the loads of girls that check me out with their bfs? But when they are single, no one looks at me! Wtf? Am I doing something wrong here?
First of all keep your head up. My cuz and I just had this convo recently. For years ( decades unfortunately 37 y/o) i've been on the hunt so to speak. What i'm really to to notice is that the opposite sex generally pays more attention to you when you're not overly concerned with them and doing you. As far as the picky thing well...I haven't met one woman who wasn't.While I might not always agree with their methods I gotta respect it. Everyone has a list but, as they get older that list gets shorter and shorter.If it doesn't they're just alone. How old are you btw?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:44 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Um anyone can brag on the net of how hot they are.

I'm so hot that the playboy bunnies envy me.

Ha not!
And by the way all females get emotional at times. Like men tampons don't absorb everything all the time.
Hurt animals take awhile to trust.
When did I brag about how hot I was? Or are you referring to someone else? If anything, I think I am just average and I am definitely not all that ,but I do get looks once in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
go to church. take adult ed self improvement, take dance classes, ballroom, get good at it go to dances enjoy it dont dance in bars or where alcohol is taken. get confident enjoy it its contageous. low social self esteem is like skunk juice to women.
I am Catholic, the diocese here doesn't really have a singles thing so that's out and they just go to church and then go home. It's not really a place to meet people here. There are dance classes but there is mainly salsa. Being hispanic, I don't understand why people in this area have such a hard on for salsa, there are more mexicans and nicaraguans here so learning the cumbia and merengue and bachata would be way more appropriate. As you can tell, I am not a fan of salsa haha. When they do finally go out to practice in public, they do go to a bar, I know because I have seen them there. And how do I have low social self esteem? I don't have a problem with women, it seems that they have a problem for all the bad choices that they have made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvalentine View Post
LOOOOL. OP, pls watch catfish that FB cutie pie who wont talk on phone and u havent met in person may very well be catfishing u. haha. the signs are all there.
No, it's her, she's friends with my roommate, he vouched for her.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Give it up. Focus on your career. Get rich. You will have more women than you know what to do with...

Switch sides? There is nothing wrong with being Gay. Maybe you would be happier.

Or...just relax. It is all about the "Law of Attraction", maybe you are putting out negative energy.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:47 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Agreed except for the bars/clubs thing. Lots of quality girls there, believe it or not.

Facebook is okay. It could take forever to meet a girl from there though and it can get boring fast.

OP, if I was your friend, I would slap you right now. You need to relax and stop whining. Start meeting girls in real life. Start making approaches. Stop caring about rejection. All that normal advice I give in every other post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships