Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 PM

92 posts, read 95,908 times

Advertisements

I am just looking for advice on how to communicate with a girl i like, she may or may not be in a relationship but i want to get to know her and be friends. To get my "foot in the door", whether she is in a relationship or not i still like her and want to be friends. So i wanted know how i can start to be her friend, we don't know each other but i'd like to break the ice on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
this is going to seem like a huge surprise to you, and probably not seem logical whatsoever...

but you should just talk to her.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM

Well of course that idea was the first thing, but i really like her and don't want to kill any impressions. Of course i'm gonna talk to her any other bright ideas?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:22 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,079 times
Here's a question: How old are you and where do you know her from? If she's a complete stranger, then I can see your conundrum, but if you two are in college, however, talking to her will be easier than it looks.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceLD View Post
Well of course that idea was the first thing, but i really like her and don't want to kill any impressions. Of course i'm gonna talk to her any other bright ideas?

If you've never talked to this girl before, how the heck do you really like her? That's really weird.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
Here's a question: How old are you and where do you know her from? If she's a complete stranger, then I can see your conundrum, but if you two are in college, however, talking to her will be easier than it looks.
25 she's goes to my college

burgler09, i have spoken to her before. I only found out her major and where she is from but i haven't had the chance to talk to her since.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:12 PM

701 posts, read 1,563,079 times
Quote:

burgler09, i have spoken to her before. I only found out her major and where she is from but i haven't had the chance to talk to her since.
Well, what the hell. Talk about classes! Talk about this one professor that you never wanted but ended up having to take. The one thing connecting you to her is the easiest subject to talk about: School.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:

There's not much to talk about, just ask her about things she does.. find out about her. Find common ground with her and talk about that.

Then invite her to hang out or you'll become her study buddy and nothing more.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbelles View Post
Well, what the hell. Talk about classes! Talk about this one professor that you never wanted but ended up having to take. The one thing connecting you to her is the easiest subject to talk about: School.
lol True, just trying to find a way to start the conversation

Burgler09, I'm not quite sure i could get stuck in the buddy but i see what your saying.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Burgler09, I'm not quite sure i could get stuck in the buddy but i see what your saying.

Happens with me with the study buddys I pick up a lot, not that I mind.. I usually prefer to keep them as friends a lot of times. I talk to them, call them at 2 in the morning, study with them til 3 am .. but nothing is going to really happen because I didn't make a real move right away.

That's kind of how it goes. With just about any of the girls I study with.. had I made a move and invited them out earlier, I could have probably gotten with them.

It's just a little advice, take it or leave it

I stand behind my original statement though, you shouldn't have strong feelings or really like someone if you've only had one conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships