Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 02:16 PM

1,976 posts, read 2,352,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Now maybe it's just having my Saturday AM workout plans derailed has me in a mood, but I figured I'd toss a metaphorical molotov cocktail onto the board this morning.

There's A LOT of ad nauseum bitching and moaning on this site about women going for bad boys. Well what about the guys who go for the crazy chicks? It's just as much of a trend, if not more so.

I've run into it a lot IRL (heck, I just had a guy friend tell me his type was "crazy chicks"), and it crops up a lot on these boards too. Now, I'm not exactly a glowing picture of mental health (severe ADD, occasional depression issues, very mild OCD), but I've never hit a guy under the premise that it doesn't count if it's a girl hitting a guy, I've never yelled at a guy that I hated him or that I wished him any sort of ill, I've never called the cops on a dude for ****s and giggles, I've never made a guy choose between me and another person or people (be it family or kids or friends), I've never demanded calls or check-ins or accused anyone of cheating due to my own insecurities, I've never tried to manipulate someone by getting pregnant or faking pregnancy, I've never demanded material things or borrowed money from a romantic partner, etc. These are all things that should be standard no-nos and NOT doing them should be just bare minimum requirements for any low-level standard of decency. Yet I meet guys all the time who have found these things acceptable in a relationship at one time or another.

I'm not gonna deny that some women chase men who treat them badly. But guys can't deny that there are just as many of them doing the same exact thing by chasing after the crazy chicks. Except guys seem to get their panties in a knot about the "bad boy" trend way more than women freak out about the crazy chick trend. I think most of us just accept it as a kind of "it is what it is" scenario. But it's definitely a real one.

Discuss amongst yourselves
The kind you don't take home to mother
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2012, 02:32 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,764,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
...it was like the craziest reality show in the world, she was psycho, she controlled him, completely, demanded a vacation to a fancy resort, they get there, have a fight, and she would not have sex with him the whole week.
Well, if she wouldn't have sex with him, that's 75% (or more) of the reason to date a crazy chick gone right there.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:49 PM

491 posts, read 569,595 times
She was probably hot. Ugly ones cant get away with that.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:51 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
She was probably hot. Ugly ones cant get away with that.

You say that, but I see fat ugly women screaming at their guys all the time.

Saying hot women are crazy and ugly women aren't is just about as stupid as any loser guy on here saying he's the nicest guy in the world and doesn't understand why women won't date him.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:20 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times
Default In my view...

Quote:
Now maybe it's just having my Saturday AM workout plans derailed has me in a mood, but I figured I'd toss a metaphorical molotov cocktail onto the board this morning.

There's A LOT of ad nauseum bitching and moaning on this site about women going for bad boys. Well what about the guys who go for the crazy chicks? It's just as much of a trend, if not more so.

I've run into it a lot IRL (heck, I just had a guy friend tell me his type was "crazy chicks"), and it crops up a lot on these boards too. Now, I'm not exactly a glowing picture of mental health (severe ADD, occasional depression issues, very mild OCD), but I've never hit a guy under the premise that it doesn't count if it's a girl hitting a guy, I've never yelled at a guy that I hated him or that I wished him any sort of ill, I've never called the cops on a dude for ****s and giggles, I've never made a guy choose between me and another person or people (be it family or kids or friends), I've never demanded calls or check-ins or accused anyone of cheating due to my own insecurities, I've never tried to manipulate someone by getting pregnant or faking pregnancy, I've never demanded material things or borrowed money from a romantic partner, etc. These are all things that should be standard no-nos and NOT doing them should be just bare minimum requirements for any low-level standard of decency. Yet I meet guys all the time who have found these things acceptable in a relationship at one time or another.

I'm not gonna deny that some women chase men who treat them badly. But guys can't deny that there are just as many of them doing the same exact thing by chasing after the crazy chicks. Except guys seem to get their panties in a knot about the "bad boy" trend way more than women freak out about the crazy chick trend. I think most of us just accept it as a kind of "it is what it is" scenario. But it's definitely a real one.

Discuss amongst yourselves
no discussion (from me) is necessary. Plain and simple...Crazy Chick Vs. Bad Boys equals the same thing; chaos, drama, and a waste of ones time.

some people (of both genders) are into the drama and chaos thinking that it makes their lives appear exciting and vibrant; a veritable My Life is a Lifetime Movie reality show.

No thank you!

Old 12-29-2012, 03:57 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,148 times
Quote:

There's A LOT of ad nauseum bitching and moaning on this site about women going for bad boys.
There are terms that have absolutely no worth when used in a conversation about dating/relationships. Sadly, "bad boy" happens to be one of them, and I think it's probably up there with nice guy, real man, real woman, curvy, alpha/beta/charlie etc. In some circles, all that's needed is a handsome face for one to be regarded as a bad boy. In others, just being black will do the trick.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:08 PM

491 posts, read 569,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
You say that, but I see fat ugly women screaming at their guys all the time.

Saying hot women are crazy and ugly women aren't is just about as stupid as any loser guy on here saying he's the nicest guy in the world and doesn't understand why women won't date him.
Never said all hot chicks are crazy. They are usually crazy because men drool over them and constantly buy them things because they're hot so they learn they can get away with a lot more than ugly ones. The guys with fat ugly women that scream at them are losers themselves and are afraid of never getting another woman so they put up with it which makes the fat ugly woman 'hot' to him. Name a popular male celebrity with a fat ugly woman. I didn't ask popular celebrity women with ugly men because we know why they are with them.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:36 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I had a nice, mellow, LTR, with a guy, we were a good couple, I had a house, he had a house, we had no desire for living together or changing our lives. Anyway, a "crazy chick" at his work, hit on him, and he fell for her. We broke up, I was fine with it. Stayed his friend, and watched the "ride".

WOW! Within weeks, he got caught up in her drama, she got a DUI, so, so could not drive, so he started driving her everywhere. She got fired from work, and lost her apartment, and, of course, moved in with him. It continued, and I just sat on the sidelines, and continued to watch...it was like the craziest reality show in the world, she was psycho, she controlled him, completely, demanded a vacation to a fancy resort, they get there, have a fight, and she would not have sex with him the whole week.

Anyway, he broke up with her after that, and actually went for therapy! He had supported her for over a year, was in huge debt, drinking a lot...

He came over and told me the whole story. And said he was "done" with "Crazy Chicks".

I wished him well on his recovery from "Crazy Land".

Why would anyone want that type of drama in their lives? That is messed up.
I guess he should have stuck with guys.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:42 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You brag a lot. It's weird.
Embellished?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 PM

681 posts, read 618,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbo28 View Post
Embellished?
more like I was making a joke and they took it as I was being for real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships