Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 AM

52 posts, read 74,013 times

Advertisements

Just a small update, in mid January, my gf broke up with me, citing that she didn't feel the same about me but still had feelings for me. The way she worded it almost sounded forced.

I could attribute it to her being hormonal but given that its been a few weeks, I hold no hope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 02:25 AM

2,135 posts, read 4,273,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium View Post
Just a small update, in mid January, my gf broke up with me, citing that she didn't feel the same about me but still had feelings for me. The way she worded it almost sounded forced.

I could attribute it to her being hormonal but given that its been a few weeks, I hold no hope.
But she didn't say "Your a tiny man" did she?

Honestly if you act the way you do on this thread (whiny about a few inches) then I see why she broke up with you. No woman wants a whiny man. Women can whine unfortunately and that is okay, but if a man does continuously they kick him to the curb. That is a fact.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packer43064 View Post
But she didn't say "Your a tiny man" did she?

Honestly if you act the way you do on this thread (whiny about a few inches) then I see why she broke up with you. No woman wants a whiny man. Women can whine unfortunately and that is okay, but if a man does continuously they kick him to the curb. That is a fact.
There's a good reason I hide my insecurities - it's because they are mine and mine only.

She didn't even know that I had this insecurity until late last year, and even then, she said that I was perfect.

No she didn't imply that I am small in any way.

"Whiny about a few inches", are you a 5'2" man who has been constantly put down by others for something he has no or very limited control over?

Old 02-07-2013, 11:56 AM

518 posts, read 1,004,370 times
Quote:
There's a good reason I hide my insecurities - it's because they are mine and mine only.

She didn't even know that I had this insecurity until late last year, and even then, she said that I was perfect.

"Whiny about a few inches", are you a 5'2" man who has been constantly put down by others for something he has no or very limited control over?
Your height insecurity is akin to a woman being insecure about her small breast size, her unattractive facial features and other such physical insecurities. What you need to start doing TODAY is to work with what God gave you. Seriously. The next woman you date or get into a relationship with - don't EVER tell her about your height insecurity. Ever. For now, act as though (yes, pretend) you are CONFIDENT about yourself physically. Hold your head up high. Make eye contact with women you're interested in. The women you want to attract will be the ones who won't care about how tall you are. If you continue on with this negative self-defeating mindset, you're going to put out a NEGATIVE frequency and all you're going to end up attracting are the type of women you don't want. This thread, in and of itself, is already sending out a negative frequency which will push you farther and farther away from your heart's desire. Turn your way of thinking around and pretend you're confident until you actually become this way. Once you start emitting POSITIVE frequencies, you will end up attracting that which you seek.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:

You need a healthy dose of PERSPECTIVE!

You act as if you have a disability! I wouldn't be surprised if you went to the government and filed for Disability because your 6-8 inches shorter than most guys.

You do understand that there are people with real disabilities. Born with 1 lung, IQ of 50, only 1 arm, or even born a midget. These are real disabilites that hinder your life. To complain about being 6-8 inches shorter than your average Joe is down right stupid. Get off your high horse and stop thinking your better than the rest of us who ALSO have faults. Whiner!

My cousin is a midget. He is barely 4.5 feet tall. He is 23 and his back is shot. He has had multiple surgeries over the years and uses a cane to walk. Noone in his family or extended family has dwarfism. He was just dealt the short stick in life. He constantly falls over. Noone even says anything anymore. We were at the family X-mas party and he would fall when he was walking....were used to it and so is he. Noone helps or anything, he gets up and keeps on going.

That is a real disability....not 6-8 inches shorter than your average man. How sad is it that he falls constantly and noone even cares anymore. That is a crying shame that your whining and crying over 8 inches tops.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Your height insecurity is akin to a woman being insecure about her small breast size, her unattractive facial features and other such physical insecurities. What you need to start doing TODAY is to work with what God gave you. Seriously. The next woman you date or get into a relationship with - don't EVER tell her about your height insecurity. Ever. For now, act as though (yes, pretend) you are CONFIDENT about yourself physically. Hold your head up high. Make eye contact with women you're interested in. The women you want to attract will be the ones who won't care about how tall you are. If you continue on with this negative self-defeating mindset, you're going to put out a NEGATIVE frequency and all you're going to end up attracting are the type of women you don't want. This thread, in and of itself, is already sending out a negative frequency which will push you farther and farther away from your heart's desire. Turn your way of thinking around and pretend you're confident until you actually become this way. Once you start emitting POSITIVE frequencies, you will end up attracting that which you seek.
I don't think I want to tell anyone, but the internet, where I masquerade under a sense of anonymity. I've got two persona, the real me, and the fake me. Both compliment each other, but both are different.

I don't know how to act confident - simply because I don't know what confidence is, or that my most outward appearance said to a man I work with, "I don't care about my height, I lift because I choose to lift, not for anyone else". Yes, this conversion started with my height.

Quote:
You need a healthy dose of PERSPECTIVE!

You act as if you have a disability! I wouldn't be surprised if you went to the government and filed for Disability because your 6-8 inches shorter than most guys.

You do understand that there are people with real disabilities. Born with 1 lung, IQ of 50, only 1 arm, or even born a midget. These are real disabilites that hinder your life. To complain about being 6-8 inches shorter than your average Joe is down right stupid. Get off your high horse and stop thinking your better than the rest of us who ALSO have faults. Whiner!

My cousin is a midget. He is barely 4.5 feet tall. He is 23 and his back is shot. He has had multiple surgeries over the years and uses a cane to walk. Noone in his family or extended family has dwarfism. He was just dealt the short stick in life. He constantly falls over. Noone even says anything anymore. We were at the family X-mas party and he would fall when he was walking....were used to it and so is he. Noone helps or anything, he gets up and keeps on going.

That is a real disability....not 6-8 inches shorter than your average man. How sad is it that he falls constantly and noone even cares anymore. That is a crying shame that your whining and crying over 8 inches tops.
I don't think I'm eligible for disability allowance... though I could always try... there's no harm...

At what point do I think I'm better than you all? At the moment, I feel worthless, I am inferior to you all.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I don't think I want to tell anyone, but the internet, where I masquerade under a sense of anonymity. I've got two persona, the real me, and the fake me. Both compliment each other, but both are different.

I don't know how to act confident - simply because I don't know what confidence is, or that my most outward appearance said to a man I work with, "I don't care about my height, I lift because I choose to lift, not for anyone else". Yes, this conversion started with my height.

I don't think I'm eligible for disability allowance... though I could always try... there's no harm...

At what point do I think I'm better than you all? At the moment, I feel worthless, I am inferior to you all.
I'm just saying that there are people who have "real" disabilities or physical challenges that you can cry at night about. Being 6-8 inches shorter isn't.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times
I am going to be construed as “wicked mean” for this post..But I call BS…
Okay directed towards the OP…
You have an issue with your height…
Okay this issue is one of many included with men and women…
Either too fat, too skinny, not enough muscle, no boobs or butt..
The fact is? You are not going to be everyone’s cup of tea!

The reason I CALL bs? Is your clear obsession with height and yet you do not know how tall your g/f is? Guys with your issue would be obsessing, period…
Next…with all the pre-requisites people have when looking for a potential mate? Why would you worry yourself and cry over recent stats and so forth?
You have found someone whom obviously accepts you for being short…why would you care what the masses state?
Are you a glutton for punishment? But then how could you be? When you state a saying that has stuck with you?
Wth…

Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I'm just saying that there are people who have "real" disabilities or physical challenges that you can cry at night about. Being 6-8 inches shorter isn't.
I guess we are all genetically inferior then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
I am going to be construed as “wicked mean” for this post..But I call BS…
Okay directed towards the OP…
You have an issue with your height…
Okay this issue is one of many included with men and women…
Either too fat, too skinny, not enough muscle, no boobs or butt..
The fact is? You are not going to be everyone’s cup of tea!

The reason I CALL bs? Is your clear obsession with height and yet you do not know how tall your g/f is? Guys with your issue would be obsessing, period…
Next…with all the pre-requisites people have when looking for a potential mate? Why would you worry yourself and cry over recent stats and so forth?
You have found someone whom obviously accepts you for being short…why would you care what the masses state?
Are you a glutton for punishment? But then how could you be? When you state a saying that has stuck with you?
Wth…
Maybe you missed the bit where I said that she is my ex. I guess you also missed the bit where I said that she didn't want her family to see me. I didn't, and still don't know how tall she is. All I know is that she's taller than me. Everyone is taller than me. There's no point is me having this statistic.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,276 times
Quote:
I guess we are all genetically inferior then.

Maybe you missed the bit where I said that she is my ex. I guess you also missed the bit where I said that she didn't want her family to see me. I didn't, and still don't know how tall she is. All I know is that she's taller than me. Everyone is taller than me. There's no point is me having this statistic.
Get up off the canvas and move on to the next woman! Don't be afraid to look up too. Way up! There are some fantastic tall women in this world who will give you time of day and night while accepting you and your height. Don't be afraid of the prospects of being smothered in cleavage by a taller woman who enjoys doing that. I've met them and it's a whole lotta fun if you be a man and grow some gonads.

Rejection is part of life. Accept it, deal with it, and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships