Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 09:02 AM

252 posts, read 347,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Exactly. I've been told I am cold hearted, mean etc because I am not sympathetic towards single dads in terms of dating. Why should I be? I don't have kids, why should I have to date dads? The worst were the single dads who refused to date single moms and would get mad I rejected them. I've never heard a honest reason why I should be open to dating single dads, it's always things like they are more responsible, they are better people etc. Sorry but having kids doesn't make one more responsible or a better person. What it does it means I have to cater my life to the man, his kids and maybe the ex. I may have to give up part of my money for his kids (and in some cases his ex). Sorry, not interested.
I don't care what people think. My money goes to support MY family. Not some other mans seed. Not interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 09:05 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,805,613 times
Seed?

Old 02-11-2015, 10:28 AM

366 posts, read 409,464 times
Many, many men who choose to date single moms fall in love with her kids too, and often, want to spend resources on the child. They have a bond that's more than just seed (ew).

Old 02-11-2015, 10:42 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,869,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
I don't care what people think. My money goes to support MY family. Not some other mans seed. Not interested.
Same here. People ignore that fact but yes the new spouse will end up financially supporting the kids. Maybe not directly but it will make a difference in household income. In many states though the court will raise income based on the new spouse. No thanks, I'll keep my money for me and I want his money for our household, not for his ex and their kids.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:07 PM

13 posts, read 11,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Same here. People ignore that fact but yes the new spouse will end up financially supporting the kids. Maybe not directly but it will make a difference in household income. In many states though the court will raise income based on the new spouse. No thanks, I'll keep my money for me and I want his money for our household, not for his ex and their kids.
So you keep your money, and you want his money to pay for the household?

In the given situation, it's mostly men who are paying for their significant others kids.
In fact, now that I think about it, I have ever known a woman to date a single dad and pay for his kids....not once. It's funny how woman like to say its a package deal and if someone says no thanks,he's and *******.

I have and will date a single mom, but it is definitely not a preference. What bothers me is bonding with their kids and then leaving them, they are the innocents. And they could use a strong male leader in their lives, especially if their dad isn't around or isn't that good a dad. I still wonder about some of those kids and miss them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think many women bond with kids that aren't theirs. Certainly haven't bonded with my son, but he is very tough on the women I date and makes them earn a place in the family.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,869,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincere_One View Post

In the given situation, it's mostly men who are paying for their significant others kids.
In fact, now that I think about it, I have ever known a woman to date a single dad and pay for his kids....not once. It's funny how woman like to say its a package deal and if someone says no thanks,he's and *******.

I have and will date a single mom, but it is definitely not a preference. What bothers me is bonding with their kids and then leaving them, they are the innocents. And they could use a strong male leader in their lives, especially if their dad isn't around or isn't that good a dad. I still wonder about some of those kids and miss them. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think many women bond with kids that aren't theirs. Certainly haven't bonded with my son, but he is very tough on the women I date and makes them earn a place in the family.
No, my money pays for the household and so would his. Not my money pays for the household while his pays for his kids and ex, and definitely not my money and his pays for his kids and ex.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:28 PM

2,702 posts, read 1,823,454 times
Quote:

You've never known a woman to date/marry a single dad? I must be misunderstanding you. I know of tons.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:26 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,280,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresTheBeef View Post
Same here. I do spend money on my baby niece though. But she's family. I will never support another man's child and avoid single mom's like the plague.

Old 02-22-2015, 01:39 AM

3 posts, read 2,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Why are kids a deal-breaker for you? I notice this more with men who won't date single mothers, although it can happen with women not dating single dads as well. Is it because the kids themselves drive you nuts and you don't like having them around? Or is it for financial reasons, because you fear that your significant other would guilt you into helping financially support a kid who is not yours? Or is there some other reason i have not thought of?
It comes down to Freedom. I want to be able to travel, have sex on the kitchen floor. Etc.

When it's time to have kids, then we will take the journey together. It's just a lot easier.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:03 AM

366 posts, read 409,464 times
Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think many women bond with kids that aren't theirs. Certainly haven't bonded with my son, but he is very tough on the women I date and makes them earn a place in the family.
I could easily bond with a child that isn't mine. A father who let's his son treat me like crap is a deal breaker, though, so maybe that's your problem.

It isn't a child's job to make her "earn her place" and frankly that sounds like a recipe for disaster. My kids would never outright disrespect another adult in my home and if they did I assure you it would be the last time. If they have an issue we can all discuss it, or they can bring it to me privately, but my kids do not run my home.

Nobody is going to bond with a spoiled brat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships