Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 08:37 AM

13 posts, read 11,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumpa View Post
I could easily bond with a child that isn't mine. A father who let's his son treat me like crap is a deal breaker, though, so maybe that's your problem.

It isn't a child's job to make her "earn her place" and frankly that sounds like a recipe for disaster. My kids would never outright disrespect another adult in my home and if they did I assure you it would be the last time. If they have an issue we can all discuss it, or they can bring it to me privately, but my kids do not run my home.

Nobody is going to bond with a spoiled brat.

Your natural assumption that my son treats women I date like crap is incorrect as is saying that he outright disrespects another adult. Then finally you pretty much imply my son is a spoiled brat. Watch it. I haven't gone in on you or your children. Please give me the same respect.

I don't know why I have to simplify stuff for people when it's seemingly so easy to grasp for others.

Yes, any PERSON(not just women) that wants to be a part of my family is gonna be watched very closely by my very big family, on both sides. Anytime there is a new person on the block, they gotta earn their stripes and prove what type of person they are. It could be my dad, mom, brother, sister, and yes children too. Isn't that what family is supposed to do? Look out for you.

As we get older the lense in which we view life thru evolves and sometimes get tainted. Example, a sister in law of mine might not like my girlfriend simply because of some trivial thing. That is not fair. But children and how they see new people entering into the family can be very perceptive. They don't care how pretty the girl might be, or how much money she may have, or what type of job she has, how she dresses, etc etc. they can see right thru all the bs sometimes.

When you join a new job, or the military, or a sports team, or really any big group of people.....your gonna have to show and prove. People will be watching and judging as they know nothing about you. So yeah, I know the idea of actually earning something may be new to you, but that's how it works with my family for sure. Hard work(earning), Responsibility and accountability are instilled in both men AND women. Seems like those might be new ideas for you and def ones you don't like as I can tell by your tone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 12:55 PM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincere_One View Post
Your natural assumption that my son treats women I date like crap is incorrect as is saying that he outright disrespects another adult. Then finally you pretty much imply my son is a spoiled brat. Watch it. I haven't gone in on you or your children. Please give me the same respect.

I don't know why I have to simplify stuff for people when it's seemingly so easy to grasp for others.

Yes, any PERSON(not just women) that wants to be a part of my family is gonna be watched very closely by my very big family, on both sides. Anytime there is a new person on the block, they gotta earn their stripes and prove what type of person they are. It could be my dad, mom, brother, sister, and yes children too. Isn't that what family is supposed to do? Look out for you.

As we get older the lense in which we view life thru evolves and sometimes get tainted. Example, a sister in law of mine might not like my girlfriend simply because of some trivial thing. That is not fair. But children and how they see new people entering into the family can be very perceptive. They don't care how pretty the girl might be, or how much money she may have, or what type of job she has, how she dresses, etc etc. they can see right thru all the bs sometimes.

When you join a new job, or the military, or a sports team, or really any big group of people.....your gonna have to show and prove. People will be watching and judging as they know nothing about you. So yeah, I know the idea of actually earning something may be new to you, but that's how it works with my family for sure. Hard work(earning), Responsibility and accountability are instilled in both men AND women. Seems like those might be new ideas for you and def ones you don't like as I can tell by your tone.
You're on an internet board. Stop getting worked up and taking things so seriously.

Old 02-26-2015, 01:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
You're on an internet board. Stop getting worked up and taking things so seriously.
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anyone personally call his kid a brat. I will say that many times I rejected a dad I got comments like that which were out of line. The fact is many people just don't want to date parents and they need to stop taking it personal. For many it is not even due to kids being brats. Ironically most of the time when a parent made that assumption the kid was a brat.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:17 PM

13 posts, read 11,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I do this with ease. She never replied as I shut her down. Don't worry about me, I got this.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:51 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Why are kids a deal-breaker for you? I notice this more with men who won't date single mothers, although it can happen with women not dating single dads as well. Is it because the kids themselves drive you nuts and you don't like having them around? Or is it for financial reasons, because you fear that your significant other would guilt you into helping financially support a kid who is not yours? Or is there some other reason i have not thought of?
For me, it's because I don't like children and don't want any. I don't like little children at all and I see no reason to suffer through teenagers (who I generally like for the most part, strangely enough) that I didn't even give birth to. I'm married now, but if I weren't, I might consider dating a single parent as long as their kids are grown, gone, functional, and decent human beings.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:01 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
Quote:
Why are kids a deal-breaker for you? I notice this more with men who won't date single mothers, although it can happen with women not dating single dads as well. Is it because the kids themselves drive you nuts and you don't like having them around? Or is it for financial reasons, because you fear that your significant other would guilt you into helping financially support a kid who is not yours? Or is there some other reason i have not thought of?
I am not helping raise another man's child. While I sometimes babysit my sister and niece that's all I'll do. I don't want to be around another woman's child. Period.

Old 08-26-2015, 12:02 AM

645 posts, read 750,767 times
well im female and I have dated men with kids in the past and it didn't work. I don't have kids and I don't really plan on having any..my experiences were that when I dated them I was always put on the back burner..you will never come first that child does...and the money problems omg most of their money goes to the child if they are paying child support...and when they have their child you cant see them and a lot of times the kid goes everywhere with you..just to much drama. I think its harder if the other person doesn't have kids..its not for everybody

Old 08-26-2015, 05:32 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Yes, by all means 'watch it', because the poster is powerful enough to reach through the screen and throttle us all!

Internet threats are hilarious.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:36 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Your life with another is not over your are already working full time til they are 18 then u will have time for me that is the deal u made with dad and why you get his money

Old 08-27-2015, 02:01 AM

24 posts, read 21,101 times
Quote:
I never wanted any myself and really don't want someone else's.... I'm not that crazy about kids either. Don't mind being near them out in public, but don't want to live with any. I also always hear "my kids come first" on profiles..... well that's the way it should be, but I don't always want to be "second".... lol.. I also want a woman I can have fun with and do things together including plenty of intimacy... one on one without kids getting in the way... I know it's not easy, but I am in several growing child-free groups on facebook and keep running ads on craigslist for child-free women hoping a woman searching for a child-free man will see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships