U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 PM

13,295 posts, read 12,035,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Lets don't forget the exists a very toxic type of man who is 50 and single: the commitmentphobe. These are the guys who push things along romanticly at a break neck pace then eventually freak out and run. Or they string women along by acting like there may be a chance he will marry her and start a family but never follows through thanks to clever double talk. The last guy I dated lived with a woman for years, she finally broke up with him when she turned 39 and figured he would never marry him.
She sure dodged a bullet. If the didn't break up with him...why...they might still be together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 03:25 PM

7,371 posts, read 12,028,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
She sure dodged a bullet. If the didn't break up with him...why...they might still be together.
I can't believe I have to spell this out (typing slowly....)
She wanted to have a baby. You do know that it is a perfectly normal desire, right? Yes they would be together but she would be childless but not by choice. And dont bother to retort that she should have settled for adoption.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
I can't believe I have to spell this out (typing slowly....)
She wanted to have a baby. You do know that it is a perfectly normal desire, right? Yes they would be together but she would be childless but not by choice. And dont bother to retort that she should have settled for adoption.
ROFL

Why are you assuming that he didn't want to have a kid?

Old 12-30-2012, 03:34 PM

12,545 posts, read 11,514,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What do women think of a guy who is 50, single, never married and no kids?
On the surface, not someone I would date. I would have to learn whether he has had long-term, monogamous relationships. If he hasn't, I'd think something was wrong with him emotionally and I wouldn't waste my time with him. Actually, I'd think that of someone over 40, never mind 50.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:36 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,167 times
one of my women friends is older, she's 37 and is dating a guy who is around 48 or 49. he's also never married, no kids and is well established. back during the dot com boom he worked at a startup that got bought out and made a killing. however, a good bit of his material well being is also attributable to a decent inheritance he was fortunate to come into. anyway, point is he's doin fine in the dating scene...i'm sure the wealth helps

Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 PM

12,545 posts, read 11,514,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I almost feel like this is a trick question myself. What are we supposed to think? If someone choose's to stay single all thier life then as you said that's thier choice. So why make a big deal about it?
We're supposed to negate the OP's continued insecurity in his constant proclamations about how marriage is bad and how he never wants to get married.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:41 PM

37,906 posts, read 36,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
On the surface, not someone I would date. I would have to learn whether he has had long-term, monogamous relationships. If he hasn't, I'd think something was wrong with him emotionally and I wouldn't waste my time with him. Actually, I'd think that of someone over 40, never mind 50.
I agree, my supervisor at work, he's about 48 or so IDK, but I've known the guy about 17 yrs now, as we've worked together a couple of different companies.

I think he's just emotionally stunted, I've never heard him talk about or have a GF or wife. He's not gay, and on paper he's really great.

His house is about paid off
He's made over 6 figures for yrs
He doesn't smoke, doesn't drink much.
He's not a big gambler, doesn't have too many vices.
He's in shape, reasonably attractive.

The list can go on more, but that is the general idea.

I just think he probably got burned once really bad and never recovered...... just my idea, cause he never talks about personal stuff like that.

He's actually a cold friggin fish, the more I think about it.....

Guys like him are actually the worst to work for, they think everyone should work 60 hour weeks ,which is about what he puts in......

His answer to problems at work... work overtime, and man let me tell you, that shyt gets real old, real fast.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 PM

7,371 posts, read 12,028,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
ROFL

Why are you assuming that he didn't want to have a kid?
Because he told me so. I said that I actually dated this man. Do you have children/do you want children is date #1.

I find your "thick" schtick exhausting and will no longer respond to you.

Old 12-30-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Because he told me so. I said that I actually dated this man. Do you have children/do you want children is date #1.

I find your "thick" schtick exhausting and will no longer respond to you.
It's now 'thick' to ask questions in order to get more information?

Wow...

Most children acquire the ability to empathize at about 5 years old. There's a famous experiment using Sesame Street where kids can differentiate between what they know and what others know.

You apparently assume that I know you asked this guy about kids, and that I know that the other woman wanted kids. But how could I know that?

Then, I'm 'thick' because I ask questions.

Whatever...

Last edited by filihok; 12-30-2012 at 03:53 PM..

Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 PM

2,291 posts, read 4,618,830 times
"She wanted to have a baby. You do know that it is a perfectly normal desire, right? "

Not for every women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or