Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 02:52 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I have options and you are the one who could use mental help. I have my reasons for teaching these men a lesson and yes if they are intentionally seeking younger than I will lie to date one of them. By the time they found out I am older that probably won't care. I don't suck at dating and have other options. You are aware that these guys were the ones who avoided relationships when they were younger, right?

If they are entitled to their criteria then so am I, yet I am often attacked for not dating dads. Yet for some reason it is fine that these men seek younger but if I seek childless men who aren't divorced then there is something wrong with me? not hardly.
Call me crazy, but as a "devout Catholic", aren't you breaking one of the Commandments?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Call me crazy, but as a "devout Catholic", aren't you breaking one of the Commandments?
So are they. I find it ironic and sexist that people tell me I am wrong for not dating dads but don't tell these men seeking younger they are more wrong than I am because my reasons are valid theirs are not.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,841 times
This thread is starting to make my head spin.

IDDY, I get your reasons for not wanting to date single dads or divorced men who can't marry in the church and understand that is important to you. But what I don't understand is what you have to gain from "teaching these men a lesson" by lying about your age to get them to go out with you? Or rather, what exactly is the lesson you are teaching them? I'm not attacking or being spiteful; I'm asking this in all seriousness.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
This thread is starting to make my head spin.

IDDY, I get your reasons for not wanting to date single dads or divorced men who can't marry in the church and understand that is important to you. But what I don't understand is what you have to gain from "teaching these men a lesson" by lying about your age to get them to go out with you? Or rather, what exactly is the lesson you are teaching them? I'm not attacking or being spiteful; I'm asking this in all seriousness.
Basically, to show them that they need to stop blaming women for being single. These men were likely the ones in their 20's who refused to settle down and now that they are older are avoiding women their age. This means of course that older women sit dateless and single because the men who they want to date don't want them.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:30 PM

44,355 posts, read 20,063,008 times
Thread closed due to the bickering and personal attacks.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships