Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 02:10 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,142,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibioiniui View Post
My god man, what exactly is stopping you from being clingy then? Geez, it's like you get high off of each negative post you make. Drugs r bad, mkay?

You will have to change yourself eventually. You can't expect to find someone who likes your clingyness in order to truly be happy.
Drugs are bad?

I didn't get the memo apparently....my life is changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 01:42 AM

30,855 posts, read 36,750,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
The aging population problem is not a demographic phenomena restricted to the Western world...Japan and to some extent Korea have seen this coming for a long time now. Essentially what you have is a generation of elderly people in the 65- and above age range who are relatively healthy but not working, and are costing the state a massive amount in health care. At the same time, the number of younger people having kids is way down, causing a very "top" heavy society, whereby the overworked and overtaxed youth attempt to provide for an ever growing elderly population ad-mist high unemployment and poor wages.

There really is no easy solution-

-One cannot enforce marrying and reproduction at a young age because the youth want sexual and romantic freedom.
-Traditional societies with high birth rates also face a myriad of economic issues and tend towards the patriarchal, curbing the rights of women. Going back to such a society would be impossible at this point.
-The elderly have worked all their lives to receive their retirement benefits and cutting them just to balance the budget would be highly unethical.
This is all true...yet something will have to give. The industrialized countries are on an unsustainable path. Even if taxes are increased on the young (further reducing their incentives to have children), we can not afford to support the old people at the level promised.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:46 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,161,419 times
You heard it here first, folks. Screw like bunnies. It's the only way to save our civilization.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,428,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
You heard it here first, folks. Screw like bunnies. It's the only way to save our civilization.

That's not absurd, actually. Other societies far outbreed us, and sheer weight of numbers can eventually make their ideas, cultures, philosophies, religions, and customs begin to replace those of western civilization through not only numbers, but increasing competition for resources and influence. Only if we can "convert" their ways of life to western values will our culture survive in the long term. This is a contest of ideas, not race or ethnicity.

Old 01-02-2013, 08:46 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,492,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Considering the human relationships are everytime becoming more dense and less spontaneously to happen on western countries (more so the US, Canada, etc), a large majority of males who wont even have the chance to succeed in the dating scene, which means less couples will be made and therefore less children will be born. I think the overuse of internet and media Influence has ruined everything.
Is it possible that English isn't your usual form of communication? I am not certain of your question, but if you are asking will Western Culture become extinct, I don't believe it will, based on the projections provided on the Wikipedia World Population projections.

World population - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fertility by region also shows a fairly strong continuity:

(Graduated Color scale: sea blue: 0-1, ... dark purple: 7-8)

No, I think our biggest concern is over-population. If I were concerned, I would pay very close attention to who controls the food supply and production. Between soil erosion and toxicity in our land, air, and water, growing nutritious food and providing the energy to distribute it to our populations is going to be the issue. Then, it's quite possible that those with the fewer populations will have the advantage.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,385,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Caballero View Post
Considering the human relationships are everytime becoming more dense and less spontaneously to happen on western countries (more so the US, Canada, etc), a large majority of males who wont even have the chance to succeed in the dating scene, which means less couples will be made and therefore less children will be born. I think the overuse of internet and media Influence has ruined everything.
With globalization playing major factors in human relations, in general, I can see how lifestyles will be affected globally, not just in the West.

Western civilization may not be as populated as compared to Chinese or Indian (from India), but that doesn't mean that the values will not infiltrate and remain that way for decades.

We're just experiencing a new generation of market imperialism similar to how imperialism was experienced in the previous centuries. All except, the transformation is so much more fast paced due to technology.

So, populations may become extinct gradually over a period of time, not just in the West. And, considering the rate of cancer and environmental toxins, modern medicine will have to really look at ways to combat cancer to prolong life expectancy, thus procreation.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:46 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,601,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
most guys are having sex, dating, or in relationships and in my opinion the guy that aren't can easily consider mail order brides or foreign gals.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 PM

4,701 posts, read 4,039,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Quote:
20% of guys get laid 80% of the time
Lol care to share where those stats came from?
I actually have seen some statistics for this. In one off the surveys from America, 20% of men between 25-40 say they have had 15 sex partners or more. Only 7% of the women say the same. However, more women has gotten laid 3-6 times.

Another survey from the UK Young women 'have more sexual partners' than men - Telegraph actually show young women to have more partners than young men, despite the fact that women often underreport their numbers. That is likely because they date older men.

Many men I know has only gotten 1 or 0 women. While other men are racking up numbers in the hundreds. 20% of men getting 80% of the women is just an expression, who is not accurate. However, it does have some truth in it.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM

16,401 posts, read 30,809,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
That's not absurd, actually. Other societies far outbreed us, and sheer weight of numbers can eventually make their ideas, cultures, philosophies, religions, and customs begin to replace those of western civilization through not only numbers, but increasing competition for resources and influence. Only if we can "convert" their ways of life to western values will our culture survive in the long term. This is a contest of ideas, not race or ethnicity.

Lol I'd like to see those countries with big populations do anything.

There's India and China. China might have numbers but their military couldn't touch USA.

India isn't anything more than a sh*t hole. Their slums are bigger than American cities.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,142,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Lol I'd like to see those countries with big populations do anything.
They already are oustripping the US...the only global superpower is losing it's empire slowly but surely, just like the British, the Russians and the Germans before it. But it isn't necessarily due to their massive populations. Cheap labour helps, sure, but that's not the only factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships