Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 11:37 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times

Advertisements

You're working on the assumption the average 35+ gal had hard-working honest decent looking men asking her out left and right when she is in 20s. Likely she had guys asking her to have sex left and right. You're also working on the assumption that if she hadn't rejected those guys she wouldn't be alone. Likely she would have date these guys for a few months of been a girlfriend for a few years then moved onto the next one and still be 35+ and single.

In my opinion this 'you shouldn't have rejected those guys when you were young' is a bitter male fantasy as most guys in their 20s aren't seeking long-term committed monogamous relationship and probably wouldn't have been thinking of leading to marriage.

In my opinion it doesn't suck to be a guy as they're only putting work and effort into getting sex and that doesn't seem too difficult a task considering the sexual liberation, access to PUA tactics that are manipulative and coercive, and prostitution.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Yeah, the way you present that statistic is another thing that is total BULLCRAP. Women file for three reasons:

1. Men can be great procrastinators.

2. Husbands who behave badly live in la-la land with thinking they can leave, screw around, and then, when they can't find "something better" or anyone else to put up with their crap, come home to the wife. If I've seen that one once, I've seen it a hundred times, too.

3. By the time a woman has had enough of the b.s. in a marriage, she has already tried to get through to her husband in a hundred different ways, but he doesn't take her seriously and instead takes her for granted. Then, all of a sudden, it's "What? You want a divorce?" like it came from out of the blue. More la-la land. Trust me, if a woman files for divorce, chances are you deserved it, because we are raised to try to keep the peace and hold a family together.

How do you like THEM apples, huh?

Call it Lilac's Year-End Lashing. So tired of the misogyny on here. Enough is enough.
i didnt file for divorce he made me to it.
let us hope that we all progress in the new year.
our hurt must be turned into action and our folly into wisdom.
may u be blessed and prosper and always have the wind at your back.
happy new year

Old 12-31-2012, 11:45 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
This theory cracks me up and here is why:

I recently re-watched Freaks & Geeks. Who did the geeks want to date? Fellow geeks? Hell no! They wanted to date cheerleaders.

Real life is exactly like that. The most popular girls, the most beautiful girls were the ones who dated the alphas. Those are the ones you guys tried to date in your 20s too, not the regular girls. The regular girls, the nerds, the book worms, the studious ones who focused on education and career instead of dating are the ones still single at 35+. You didn't want those girls way back when and you still don't want them now. I don't know any cheerleader types who never married.

But you guys keep floating around this fiction. Don't take a hard look in the mirror. Let's pretend you haven't been trying to date outside of your league and that's the real source of your frustration.
LOL! We were just talking about this yesterday. All of us know some guy who dated/married/divorced the "hot girl" and figured out they had lots of issues. Or were crappy wives or girlfriends or mom or whatever that person values. They were so focused on the "hot" they forgot about the other stuff.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:45 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i didnt file for divorce he made me to it.
let us hope that we all progress in the new year.
our hurt must be turned into action and our folly into wisdom.
may u be blessed and prosper and always have the wind at your back.
happy new year

No, not "he made me do it." It's more like, "I've had enough of his garbage and I'm getting rid of him for good because I want peace and happiness in my life again." It's totally a choice--a choice that stems from that very wisdom you're trying to patronize me with.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
There's gonna be a men's movement? I thought yall had it pretty good. Why are yall having a movement over dating and relationships? Please don't tell me yall are going to push for the return of the cave-men days where all it took was a conk on a womyn's head and dragging her into your cave and there you have a wife. Smh, or how about in certain parts of Africa *not all* that they kidnap a girl and beat her until she chooses which man that is beating her will be her husband? Wow... a man's movement for this??
Seems like a lot of guys are quite upset that being nice isn't all it takes to get sex, dates, or relationships with the gals that fit their criteria.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:48 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
So when you claimed the women were too busy dating alphas in your opening post, you weren't telling the truth.
Sure i was. Most guys aren't alpha males. Only 20% or so of guys are alpha males.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Seems like a lot of guys are quite upset that being nice isn't all it takes to get sex, dates, or relationships with the gals that fit their criteria.
Flattery will get them nowhere. Boo frickin' hoo.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM

491 posts, read 569,405 times
If you are alone its because you want to be. Man or woman. People need to quit relying on other people for happiness. If there are no good women its because you are a bad man. If there are no good men its because you are a bad woman. If you have a bad relationship its because you chose a bad partner. It's never their fault its your fault for choosing them. Nobody can make you do anything. If you are in an abusive relationship its because you chose an abusive person. You shouldn't have believed the lies. People who complain about not finding a partner are whiny losers. Be a better person.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:54 AM

50,721 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
That's because it isn't really nice. It's let me manipulate you by pretending to be nice or pretending to be your friend so that later I can pull out the IOU I never told you about when I was doing "nice" things for you. Under the surface is bitterness and dislike of people, it's dishonest, and most women can see that and are inherently repulsed by it.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:55 AM

681 posts, read 618,129 times
yeah, I have to say this, lpfan. Maybe if you are having issues it would be better to approach this from a more positive viewpoint where you come here asking for advice. Who cares what other people do? You should worry about you you you and that's it. You need to become a better person so that way when you do run into Mrs. Right, you will be ready and know what to do and you would have gotten advice on how to do it. Remember negativity breeds negativity and if you are just going to start posts, complaining about women this and women that, then you will get no where.

FWIW, my roommate is 30 and he doesn't complain at all about finding someone. He just goes to the gym, works out, we hang out, drink beer, play games, watch football and he never complains about women. He just says it will happen when it happens. You need to be happy with yourself before you can expect to attract other people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships