Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 AM

1,696 posts, read 4,339,984 times

Advertisements

Some of these responses are so... mean. Don't you feel this kid's deep sorrow and pain? He's talking about killing himself! Haven't any of you ever had your heart broken? Haven't any of you ever fallen into unhealthy patterns due to your upbringing or history? Sure, he's made a really bad decision and a big mistake. Haven't we all done that in some form?

I swear this is why we have young people committing suicide, bullying others, shooting up movie theatres and elementary school classrooms. We're so hardened these days that when someone comes to us in utter despair we brush them off, make fun, roll our eyes...

Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,780,189 times
She is a scammer. Plain and simple. You are still a young guy and perhaps you needed this experience to teach you what the real deal is with people. There are MANY people who will play on your weakness to get what they can out of you. And I'm not just talking about broke lowlife types because "professionals" can be vampires as well.
By verbally abusing you she is keeping your self-esteem down so you feel that you have to constantly buy her good behavior.
PLEASE see her for what she is and get away quickly! Protect yourself brother!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 AM

1,696 posts, read 4,339,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I--and most people--have no patience for individuals who threaten suicide as a way to manipulate and control others. It really is the lowest form of interpersonal behavior.
I get that. I really do. But he's completely broken by both his past and his current love situation. He's messed up and saying crazy things. You're lucky if you've never found yourself in such a spot.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 AM

904 posts, read 1,379,550 times
Why another thread about this very same thing?

Old 01-01-2013, 11:32 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,150,869 times
Hmm I was going to come in here with something snarky but if you are entertaining suicidal thoughts please, please, see a mental health professional. If you cannot afford therapy or medication there are still plenty of free programmes available. Even calling up someone you know can help.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 AM

120 posts, read 195,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I am sorry. OP, you sound like you have a lot of emotional problems and I feel sorry for you. But I--and most people--have no patience for individuals who threaten suicide as a way to manipulate and control others. It really is the lowest form of interpersonal behavior.
I know I was the bad guy in the relationship. The suicide comment was complete sarcasm and she knew it. That's why I got no reply. Thanks though.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:35 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,659,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
I get that. I really do. But he's completely broken by both his past and his current love situation. He's messed up and saying crazy things. You're lucky if you've never found yourself in such a spot.
No he's not, he is a troll wasting our time. Maybe you are too.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,780,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
Some of these responses are so... mean. Don't you feel this kid's deep sorrow and pain? He's talking about killing himself! Haven't any of you ever had your heart broken? Haven't any of you ever fallen into unhealthy patterns due to your upbringing or history? Sure, he's made a really bad decision and a big mistake. Haven't we all done that in some form?

I swear this is why we have young people committing suicide, bullying others, shooting up movie theatres and elementary school classrooms. We're so hardened these days that when someone comes to us in utter despair we brush them off, make fun, roll our eyes...

I agree completely! There is something about a computer keyboard that makes people think they are perfect gods/goddesses who have no weakness and have never made mistakes! The ego is a powerful master!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 AM

120 posts, read 195,665 times
To all who have commented suicide is not on my mind I just told her that to play into what she was saying about me. Being sarcastic. "Yeah ur right I'm a loser not good enough for you" etc. I'm still here and even though this situation sucks big time. And for those who say that I've posted the thread before, so what? I did it to get other people's opinions. You don't have to respond twice.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:41 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,207,205 times
Just cut off all communication with her. Delete her phone number, block her on Facebook, etc. After you do this, some counseling would probably be a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.