Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2013, 08:50 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,971,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmsu01 View Post
Newsflash: Most men are with zero or one woman. I know very few guys who have a revolving door, and most of the time that "door" is easily broken when they find the right woman.

I concur, most men these days are lucky to be with one woman. Only men who are deemed highly attractive to men with some sort of financial backing generally have a revolving door of women. On the other hand todays modern American woman she may have a revolving door of men in and out of her, from a woman who is fat to a woman with one arm she can land a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 09:09 PM

19,802 posts, read 13,339,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
SAME. Couldn't have put it better.

So I guess we're 3 out of 1000 according to that genius ^three posts above. Don't you feel really special? Girls should be knocking down our doors to get to those few guys who'll put a ring on it.
Most of them want bad boys. So it goes.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:00 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,559,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Most of them want bad boys. So it goes.
Younger women want bad boys (a.k.a. biologically dominant, confident, alpha males who wouldn't think twice about punching somebody in the mouth). One of the signs of a dominance (biological or social) - not giving crap about lesser folks sitting on the lower perches of life. That's pure biology, call of the ancient, you shouldn't blame women for following their genes.

However, humans are creatures of civilizations, soon women discover that pure biological dominance not always (rather rarely) leads to social, wealth dominance & life of comfort. Good stable guys with good jobs and careers, it's your golden opportunity to lock on women who "saw the light" of goodness and virtue, keep that job though . Women get the best of two worlds, they get impregnated with good genes and they let the good, responsible guys to provide for the litter. It's excellent survival strategy (I'm 100% serious). Of course, financial comfortable matron might hook up with "bad, muscular guys" here and there, but she always goes back to her secure, balding, fat, much older and erectily dysfunctional hubby (if the time for divorce is not ripe yet).

As the poster above, I'm amazed, it doesn't matter how fat, nasty or ugly a woman may get, her bed is never empty. Promiscuous males are nothing new (even though for average Joe with average jobs and incomes, promiscuity is an exception and not a rule). What's groundbreaking - modern women are as promiscuous as males (or more so). Yup, honey, I'm very pleased that you had enough of fun already and decided to settle down after having 50+ boys riding you. I'm truly honored, you had all that fun and now you decided to quit having fun just for me.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:21 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,161,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
As the poster above, I'm amazed, it doesn't matter how fat, nasty or ugly a woman may get, her bed is never empty.
True, I agree it might be easier for us to find any man available that would jump into bed or become a bf but what's harder is finding the quality one that wants marriage.
What's the use of many lining up but none of them being the one I'm looking for?

Old 01-03-2013, 11:47 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,559,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
1) I don't want kids...childfree marriage is what I'm looking for
2) I'll sign a prep-nup if he wants to but I still don't want his money. I'm not gonna take someone's credit, something I didn't earn myself.
3) I'm studying and saving to buy my own house in the near future (and yes I'm paying for my classes)
So you want a marriage without having too many stakes in common, just in case. No common children, no common money, no common home, no common... I've got mine, you've got yours, just like perfect strangers. What's the point for a marriage like that? I'm well aware of the financial dangers of a marriage (for a male), but I would throw everything I got on a marriage bet (provided I'll see a suitable woman in sight). If you feel that risks are too high and play it safe, why marry in the first place?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:00 AM

127 posts, read 154,507 times
Quote:
Younger women want bad boys (a.k.a. biologically dominant, confident, alpha males who wouldn't think twice about punching somebody in the mouth). One of the signs of a dominance (biological or social) - not giving crap about lesser folks sitting on the lower perches of life. That's pure biology, call of the ancient, you shouldn't blame women for following their genes.

However, humans are creatures of civilizations, soon women discover that pure biological dominance not always (rather rarely) leads to social, wealth dominance & life of comfort. Good stable guys with good jobs and careers, it's your golden opportunity to lock on women who "saw the light" of goodness and virtue, keep that job though . Women get the best of two worlds, they get impregnated with good genes and they let the good, responsible guys to provide for the litter. It's excellent survival strategy (I'm 100% serious). Of course, financial comfortable matron might hook up with "bad, muscular guys" here and there, but she always goes back to her secure, balding, fat, much older and erectily dysfunctional hubby (if the time for divorce is not ripe yet).

As the poster above, I'm amazed, it doesn't matter how fat, nasty or ugly a woman may get, her bed is never empty. Promiscuous males are nothing new (even though for average Joe with average jobs and incomes, promiscuity is an exception and not a rule). What's groundbreaking - modern women are as promiscuous as males (or more so). Yup, honey, I'm very pleased that you had enough of fun already and decided to settle down after having 50+ boys riding you. I'm truly honored, you had all that fun and now you decided to quit having fun just for me.
Besides your last paragraph, this post is very wrong.

Here's some advice: stop reading things off of internet sites and go out and actually talk to women.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:05 AM

127 posts, read 154,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
The one where, the woman never has to overly remind him ''Where is this going'', put ultimatums nor has to break up first to then get him to change his mind and go after her with the ring.

The one that does it because he wants it too, out of his free will. I've been hearing more stories on another forums at 3 more women having the same problem. They are stuck with someone that at first was on the same page, they made the mistake of living together and suddenly they become another ''forever live-in gf''.

I believe that if I had to nag a man to fully commit to me, then it's not worth my time because if he then gives in, I wouldn't feel it's an honest and sincere proposal. But it's like that's the case most of times: he has to be reminded in order for it to happen.

Those stories sometimes make me lose hope. Though I'm not interested in kids, I still one day want a true, sincere proposal...not one where I had to nag to get it (childfree marriage is what I'm looking for). I don't like begging to get something but I wouldn't like waiting endless years either.

BTW I just posted my a recent picture of me in Christmas. I haven't gotten hit on that much in my younger years and only been in one relationship (now I'm 25). I think I'm just average in looks. Can this play a role in not finding the one yet??
I think the problem is that women tend to be attracted to a certain personality type (usually) in men. These men usually have many options due to that personality. Because of these options, it would be very difficult for those men (the attractive ones) to want to settle down.

I notice (and this is something that is obvious on these forums) that the desperate guys, the ones that don't get girls, are the ones that want to settle down. Their desperation is like kryptonite to women and attraction.

So, there you have it. That's why guys you like don't want to marry you.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 AM

102,099 posts, read 107,250,308 times
Quote:
So you want a marriage without having too many stakes in common, just in case. No common children, no common money, no common home, no common... I've got mine, you've got yours, just like perfect strangers. What's the point for a marriage like that? I'm well aware of the financial dangers of a marriage (for a male), but I would throw everything I got on a marriage bet (provided I'll see a suitable woman in sight). If you feel that risks are too high and play it safe, why marry in the first place?
Wow, twisting and projecting, much? All she's saying is she's not a gold-digger. She's the type a lot of guys say they want.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,870,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wow, twisting and projecting, much? All she's saying is she's not a gold-digger. She's the type a lot of guys say they want.
I had to read the comment and she sounds like a great mate. Actually she sounds a lot like me, because I don't care how much a guy makes or what he does. I think way too many people here think marriage is a man makes the money and the woman spends it, but I don't know many marriages like that. Most marriages I know are mutual where both work, both contribute to the household, and both are companions to each other.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 AM

102,099 posts, read 107,250,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Most marriages I know are mutual where both work, both contribute to the household, and both are companions to each other.
YESSSSS!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships