Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,190,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I do blame those women because I have seen them ruin marriages. Several of the divorced dads I dated had these ex-wives and they were vultures. The ex husband had to spend over 60% of his paycheck while she sat on her lazy butt. One of these guys married an ambitious woman unlike lazy ex-wife and she went after them to get more money, which she got.
Yep, and these are the types of women that potentially ruin it for the good women wanting to get married.

Many men have very deep love from their soul to give a woman but because of what has happened to men and will continue to do so is why many men know that the chances are that it's of no benefit for them to marry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Then maybe those men should have chosen better partners and signed better pre-nups.
Many times the "bad" women (quite sadly) disguise themselves very well before marriage to snatch that man, then after the "I DO's" little at a time all "hell breaks loose" and their true self emerges as well as polishing up their "bad" to a worse level = sought of like a bait and switch. Also a percentage of prenups have been thrown out by the judge, so they are not always "iron clad" even the "better ones".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I'm not trying to get married JetJockey.

The best solution for men is to NOT get married at all.
Sad but true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 05:28 PM

708 posts, read 878,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
You're kidding right?

When the man says to the judge, "I'm working two jobs and your monthly $$ CS judgement takes most of my take home pay!" Judge responds: "Get an additional job".

This:

is in better shape than that man.

It's also something when she the recipient of said CS and such is many times seen driving a top notch motor vehicle while the man is struggling.

Why should a man get married then when there's women out there like this?

To you genuinely good women: Blame the bad selfish to the core women that either has dampened or ruined your chances of getting married to a great man.

I don't see those families where the women are driving top notch vehicles. If the family couldn't afford a top notch vehicle before a divorce, how would they afford it afterwards. For the families I see, the ones that go to my kids school, from a financial standpoint everyone has less. The average woman has to work more or do with much less once a divorce occurs. I'm talking about average people, not a pro athlete or a movie star.

But child support is a separate issue from marriage, as not everyone who pays child support has ever been married.

Then of course you have men that do side jobs where they are paid in cash so they don't honestly disclose how much

Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Yep, and these are the types of women that potentially ruin it for the good women wanting to get married.

Many men have very deep love from their soul to give a woman but because of what has happened to men and will continue to do so is why many men know that the chances are that it's of no benefit for them to marry.

Many times the "bad" women (quite sadly) disguise themselves very well before marriage to snatch that man, then after the "I DO's" little at a time all "hell breaks loose" and their true self emerges as well as polishing up their "bad" to a worse level = sought of like a bait and switch. Also a percentage of prenups have been thrown out by the judge, so they are not always "iron clad" even the "better ones".

Sad but true.
If you are talking about a man with substantial assets and prenup, you are talking about a very small percentage of men. What does that have to do with the average man?

Old 01-06-2013, 05:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,613,689 times
Quote:
Men do the exact same thing.

Except...there are ALWAYS red flags. Even the best actress/actor cannot hide certain things. Most people are just too smitten to notice them.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:

Except...there are ALWAYS red flags. Even the best actress/actor cannot hide certain things. Most people are just too smitten to notice them.
Agreed. And if a man or a woman is so focused on a handful of qualities that they don't notice the accompanying red flags...well they only have themselves to blame.

Old 01-06-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
I don't see those families where the women are driving top notch vehicles. If the family couldn't afford a top notch vehicle before a divorce, how would they afford it afterwards. For the families I see, the ones that go to my kids school, from a financial standpoint everyone has less. The average woman has to work more or do with much less once a divorce occurs. I'm talking about average people, not a pro athlete or a movie star.

But child support is a separate issue from marriage, as not everyone who pays child support has ever been married.

Then of course you have men that do side jobs where they are paid in cash so they don't honestly disclose how much
Problem is that the CS is not really getting spent on the child(ren) sadly. This is where they can afford to have these said top notch motor vehicles. Maybe it's my exposure living in Northern NJ for 50 plus years and seeing/hearing this while hearing complaints by their ex husbands.

No matter how much a man discloses financially, the judge have been very liberal in the higher CS monthly awarded amounts.

I'm sure it's also the way you say it. But again by herself she would be able to afford it because she'll downsize her home address and affording it with her salary while using the monthly CS windfall to do "drive in style".

Old 01-06-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy84 View Post
Agreed. And if a man or a woman is so focused on a handful of qualities that they don't notice the accompanying red flags...well they only have themselves to blame.
The thread is about marriage minded men so I've been geared in my responses towards that.

However yes sure it happens the other way around as society on the whole is a huge sad mess IMHO.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:43 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,196,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I for one think alimony is a crock in most cases. I only understand it if a guy (or in smaller cases women)is paying until the spouse gets back on her feet. I do not support lifetime alimony and not in most cases because it is rewarding lazy people. I dated a man paying his ex alimony and she refused to work. Then there are the cases like in Florida where the second spouse often has to pay alimony to the first wife, imagine that.
In Texas, it's only after ten years if one spouse makes significantly more than the other, and only until the recipient recovers earning potential with a max of 5 years, unless permanently incapacitated.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Problem is that the CS is not really getting spent on the child(ren) sadly. This is where they can afford to have these said top notch motor vehicles. Maybe it's my exposure living in Northern NJ for 50 plus years and seeing/hearing this while hearing complaints by their ex husbands.
Exactly. The CS payment more than covers what she actually spends on the kids in most cases, AND dad usually adds to it by directly buying the kids clothes, food, gifts, etc.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
LMAO. You guys are unbelievable. Why should a woman agree to live with you for a number of years, even if she wants to be married.......oh that's right because it's much more beneficial to you & we all know that's what's most important here.
What's more beneficial is to not even live together. Let the gf maintain her own place and have her spend the night over IF she's in the mood for some fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships