Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times

Advertisements

Basically its a photo of me as his uncle holding a 3 month old. He looks alot like me.
I never actually thought to use it on a online dating site, until two women who have been to my home complimented me on the photo (I have it in a hall on the wall).
I may put it up at this site for those on my friends list to see. Am away on holiday right now, can do when I get back. Happy New Year to all here too.

I would specify he is my nephew not son. Good idea for an online dating site photo, yes or no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post

Basically its a photo of me as his uncle holding a 3 month old. He looks alot like me.
I never actually thought to use it on a online dating site, until two women who have been to my home complimented me on the photo (I have it in a hall on the wall).
I may put it up at this site for those on my friends list to see. Am away on holiday right now, can do when I get back. Happy New Year to all here too.

I would specify he is my nephew not son. Good idea for an online dating site photo, yes or no?
My guess is more bad than good. A single man with children will send out creep signals or too clingy signals to women. That's just my guess though.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:54 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
My guess is more bad than good. A single man with children will send out creep signals or too clingy signals to women. That's just my guess though.
I disagree. I do think you should make it clear he's your nephew, though.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:

Hey,

I think you should be careful id be in two minds putting a picture up with a child, as sad as it is there are some weirdos out there. Think about it, would you want a picture of your kid on the Internet? And then on the other hand it's good to see guys with kids it's sweet.

If its a real good photo can't you use use part of the photo and leave the kid out or is it hon that makes the photo cute?

Last edited by Elained10; 01-02-2013 at 05:22 AM..

Old 01-02-2013, 05:11 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,638,147 times
I'd take the advice of the women over mine, OP.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Bad idea. It's not like taking a puppy to the park to attract women.

It will limit your profile looks and those who won't take the time to read it will assume it's your child.

Why confuse the issue? Just Photoshop the nephew out and use the good photo of you.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
I think if you want to convey a love of children, i.e., you want to be a father and are looking for someone who wants to get married and have babies, then it might be OK. If you just like the picture because it flatters you (good lighting, great smile, your favorite shirt, etc.), then I'd skip it or leave the kid out. I have practically no experience here, though ... just my opinion.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:03 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Bad idea. It's not like taking a puppy to the park to attract women.

It will limit your profile looks and those who won't take the time to read it will assume it's your child.

Why confuse the issue? Just Photoshop the nephew out and use the good photo of you.

Very good advice

Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:

I think it's ok to use as long as it isn't your main pic and you specify that it's your nephew.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think it's ok to use as long as it isn't your main pic and you specify that it's your nephew.
And you get permission from the parents to post the pic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships