Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Is that bad?

Because I don't see giving bonus points for a woman's nationality as being bad
It really depends. It isn't a problem to like women of different ethnicities. But for some people it crosses over into the ever misused "fetish" where you are only interested into these other women because they represent something "exotic." And you have some preset ideals about what they will be like because they are part of that group.

There are some men who lead with the question "have you ever been with a guy like me?" because they are trying to determine if they have a chance or not. Instead of just reading the signals. Most women, no matter what group they are on, make it pretty clear when they want you to go away.

So generally speaking, the guys that lead with the "have you been with my type" are really trying to prove something else, it isn't all that "genuine." It might follow with some sort of description of their physical or sexual prowess or something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It really depends. It isn't a problem to like women of different ethnicities. But for some people it crosses over into the ever misused "fetish" where you are only interested into these other women because they represent something "exotic." And you have some preset ideals about what they will be like because they are part of that group.

There are some men who lead with the question "have you ever been with a guy like me?" because they are trying to determine if they have a chance or not. Instead of just reading the signals. Most women, no matter what group they are on, make it pretty clear when they want you to go away.

So generally speaking, the guys that lead with the "have you been with my type" are really trying to prove something else, it isn't all that "genuine." It might follow with some sort of description of their physical or sexual prowess or something else.
I think I agree.

As a guy who likes having sex with women, and who is fortunate to travel and has...met...women from all over the world, if a woman were to approach me with "Have you ever been with a ____ woman", my interest would be piqued but my rational self would tell me to get the hell out of there.

However, if I met a woman, and had some interest and found out that she was whatever exotic nationality, I'd probably giver her some bonus points.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Oh, the guy who is trying to hook up with as many types of women as possible. He is typically the one who is like:
"I hooked up with a Puerto Rican last week, and now I am have dates scheduled with a hot Ethiopian girl and a Yugoslavian girl next week. I still need to cross Bardados, the Dominican Republic and Romania off my list."

The woman's ethnicity is almost the most important trait for him, and he wants to prove he's hit all 6 continents or whatever.
We call that tasting the rainbow.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:57 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,330,254 times
LOL no but I did ask the guy that I'm currently dating if he'd dated a black woman before and he looked at me like I was some crazy racist for even asking such a question LMAO! Like what the hell does our skin color have to do with anything. In my defense, he's from a country that doesn't have that many blacks so I was curios!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM

1,574 posts, read 2,965,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
I HATE getting those questions. I say nope, I've been with a male before though. It surely confuses them. I also hate when a guy tells me how much he loves black womyn or has never had a black womyn before, in which I counter with, "Well, tell me how that search and conquest goes with a black womyn," which still confuses them. I really don't involve myself with males like that. It shows me how they think of me, at least to me it does.
I ALWAYS get this question from black women but never from other ethnicities. They seem to want to educate guys on the rules to dating black women.....

Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
Question, when approached by a guy of a different ethnicity.

Each time I've been approached, I get the "Have you ever been with a(white, Indian,Asian,albanian, etc) , during initial conversation.

I really want to laugh and say "What's so special about y'all"?

Men are men.
Penis is penis.
Sex is sex

Its either good or its BAD.

Doesn't really matter what ethnicity you are.

I like ALL men, btw. But I don't feel special or extra happy, with a guy of a different ethnicity.

You're just another man I'm dating. That's all.

Haha I like this

Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
LOL...yes, I've been asked and my response was always, "Do you do it differently than anyone else?" LOL
Hahaha I'm liking this thread

Old 01-02-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I think I agree.

As a guy who likes having sex with women, and who is fortunate to travel and has...met...women from all over the world, if a woman were to approach me with "Have you ever been with a ____ woman", my interest would be piqued but my rational self would tell me to get the hell out of there.

However, if I met a woman, and had some interest and found out that she was whatever exotic nationality, I'd probably giver her some bonus points.
Exactly. It is subtle. Like oh he is XXX that is cool is different than only being interested because they are XXXX and people who are XXXX are like YYYYY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
We call that tasting the rainbow.
Tasting the rainbow...not a problem. Telling everyone in every conversation that your goal is to taste the rainbow, and then list off all the flavors you have tried is.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dollar View Post
I ALWAYS get this question from black women but never from other ethnicities. They seem to want to educate guys on the rules to dating black women.....
My own personal opinion on this is because of a couple of reasons:
1. a lot of people (even now) don't have close black friends or experiences with black people outside of casual interactions
2. black women are very likely to be stereotyped in lots of negative ways...so you want to nip that in the bud before it even gets started
3. you want to weed out the fetish guys early and often

Old 01-02-2013, 02:10 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,144 times
Knowing what a smart*ss I am, if someone asked me that question, I would be inclined to say something like, "No, but I AM looking to complete the whole set!"

However, I HAVE been asked, "Do you have any __________ in you? No? Want some?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships