Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 11:27 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobchen7 View Post
Well there you go jobaba...
Maybe you disagree with me here but I'm telling you, I think you're dead wrong.
I said the media is responsible for the lack of physical attraction.

I agree with you. In general, people aren't stupid enough to follow media stereotypes of character portrayal. But that doesn't mean that she will be physically attracted to you.

To be honest, I'm speaking from my friends' perspectives ... good looking, suave Asian guys who have had no problems attracting Asian women. They will tell you white girls are tough. Not my own. I have trouble attracting Asian women as well.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:28 AM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
I live in a semi-diverse area in California (it's around 50% Caucasian and 50% Asian), and I've been attracted to quite a few Caucasian girls throughout my life. Some of my Asian friends have dated White girls but I'm not sure about you girls' general idea of dating an Asian man...
IMHO, this is your problem, you're not sure. When I was in high school and college and even later in life, I too was uncertain (this was the 70's). In looking back now, there were several Caucasians who showed signs they would have dated me. I was too dumb at the time to read them and likely too shy to ask anyway. If that was the case back in the 70's, when interracial dating was less than what it is today, there's a good chance you'll find a Caucasian girl who will date you.

BTW, I married a Caucasian over 30 years ago. There were very few mixed couples then, so it's nice to see more now.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM

1,092 posts, read 3,436,775 times
Quote:
I was trying to think of an Asian American male sex symbol, and couldn't come up with one. There are actors from other countries that have done American movies that would fit the bill, but to me this is very telling. It's NICE to hear your generation seems less effected. If you intend to relocate, this might not be the case, unfortunately. I think Hawaii tends to be the state with the most Caucasian female, Asian male biracial couples.

No I think I'm fine right here lol I mean stereotypes are just stereotypes right? I think the majority of girls would judge me as an individual. I have a lot of faith that there's open minded women out there.
I wasn't suggesting you move! Just trying to point out an area that is an ideal.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM

78 posts, read 381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
I said the media is responsible for the lack of physical attraction.

I agree with you. In general, people aren't stupid enough to follow media stereotypes of character portrayal. But that doesn't mean that she will be physically attracted to you.

To be honest, I'm speaking from my friends' perspectives ... good looking, suave Asian guys who have had no problems attracting Asian women. They will tell you white girls are tough. Not my own. I have trouble attracting Asian women as well.
Well there you go since you have trouble attracting Asian girls as well. I'm going to have to ask you to agree with me that ALL men have an easier time attracting their own race in real life- it's just what were used to. What I'm trying to tell you (and what you already agreed with) is that stereotypes play no part in attraction given the fact that the person doesn't play up to his stereotypes. Good day to you I hope our argument can end here

Old 01-03-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
I wasn't suggesting you move! Just trying to point out an area that is an ideal.
Well in terms of "idealess" I think that Cali is second to only Hawaii. Thanks for the input !

Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Well there you go since you have trouble attracting Asian girls as well. I'm going to have to ask you to agree with me that ALL men have an easier time attracting their own race in real life- it's just what were used to. What I'm trying to tell you (and what you already agreed with) is that stereotypes play no part in attraction given the fact that the person doesn't play up to his stereotypes. Good day to you I hope our argument can end here
Sure.

Good luck to you.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Sure.

Good luck to you.
Thanks. Stay classy.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
IMHO, this is your problem, you're not sure. When I was in high school and college and even later in life, I too was uncertain (this was the 70's). In looking back now, there were several Caucasians who showed signs they would have dated me. I was too dumb at the time to read them and likely too shy to ask anyway. If that was the case back in the 70's, when interracial dating was less than what it is today, there's a good chance you'll find a Caucasian girl who will date you.

BTW, I married a Caucasian over 30 years ago. There were very few mixed couples then, so it's nice to see more now.
Well thanks for telling me that!
Do you mind me asking what your ethnicity (Korean Japanese Chinese) is?
And yes I certainly see Asian men with white women so I really don't know what my problem is... Maybe I'm using my ethnicity as an excuse for being shy around strangers.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:11 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,547 times
Quote:
And yes I certainly see Asian men with white women so I really don't know what my problem is... Maybe I'm using my ethnicity as an excuse for being shy around strangers.
Yes I think you are using it as an excuse.

Perception is reality. If I portray an image of a confident, strong, funny, good conversation man, then that is her perception of me and that is her reality. A girl's first impression of me are things that I demonstrate and exude - as opposed to things she sees such as the image of an Asian man with squinty eyes and black hair.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:14 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
Japanese. Yes, using your ethnicity is an easy excuse. Being the studious Asian is another. For me, I assumed the same and was too dumb to pick up the signs until well after the opportunity passed. For instance, there was this cheerleader who dated athletes of the season and race didn't matter to her. She was friendly to me, but I didn't pick up on her intentions and she moved on.

Your best bet is to talk to those you might be interested in dating. Some may find you interesting too, so look for the signs. You'll never meet anyone if you don't put out the effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships