Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:05 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,044,371 times

Advertisements

It's a small sample size, but two of the most physically beautiful women I've met in person were from Mississippi. They were dainty, feminine, charming, always put together, flirtatious, just absolute knockouts. But I met them both here in KC, and both admitted they left Mississippi as soon as possible. I don't mind the southern accents, since I'm accustomed to most people talking with at least a slight twang.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 10:32 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Southern girls at least put effort into being pretty. Even girls who are overweight and not ideal looking wear good makeup and lots look sexy. The Northeast has so many dowdy fugly hippieish looking girls, its embarassing.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm not really into Southern women. A lot of them tend to be overweight. The more attractive ones all dye their hair fake blonde and wear a ton of makeup with big fake nails.
Another generalization. While it's true that a southern state, Mississippi, does have the highest percentage of overweight people, Maine, Virgina, and Florida, Washington, and several others, are all about equal. And Georgia and Pennsylvania, and the Dakotas, are also equal. Colorado is the leanest state, and if you were comparing that state to most of the others, then I agree that there would probably be a noticeable difference.

As far as dyed hair and fake nails...you must be joking. CA and NY are tops in that department!!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:32 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Southern girls at least put effort into being pretty. Even girls who are overweight and not ideal looking wear good makeup and lots look sexy. The Northeast has so many dowdy fugly hippieish looking girls, its embarassing.
I don't agree with this at all. Maybe in Northampton MA, but I've seen attractive brunettes all over the tri-state NYC area and even around Boston, especially at this one big shopping mall in Cambridge that even had free parking. Some of them are a little brusque, but they're not ugly.

If you want dowdy, dumpy, and hippiesh, you need go no further than the string of college towns and major cities in Ecotopia - from north of San Francisco to the Canadian border at BC - uglies in Arcata, Ashland, Eugene, Salem, Portland, Olympia, Seattle, and Bellingham ... with some exceptions, but not many. Not only that, both the natives and the transplants openly talk about the "issue."

Old 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
I lived in the south for 32 years...I'll take the women here in western WA any day, thank you.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I lived in the south for 32 years...I'll take the women here in western WA any day, thank you.
Ouch, I hope we're still friends.

I've gotten to the point that if I even see a Subaru along the I-5 corridor, I no longer look to see who's driving it.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:46 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I've gotten to the point that if I even see a Subaru along the I-5 corridor, I no longer look to see who's driving it.
Well you don't really need to look. She'll be in her 30s or 40s, fit but with little to no makeup, very plain hair, and wearing a North Face jacket or vest with rubber boots.

But in all seriousness it's just a matter of what you find attractive. In my experience, southern women may often look good, but they also wear more makeup, make a bigger fuss over their hair and nails, wear dainty clothes, etc. The women here seem to wear a lot less makeup, often times appearing to wear none at all. They may not always look "hot", but they seem more likely to look fit and healthy. And I'm more attracted to someone who is more natural in appearance, even if at first glance she may not be as "hot" as southern women.

Also, completely unrelated to appearance, but my impression is that the average woman here is a lot more independent than the ones in the south. I just knew far too many helpless southern belles who were almost entirely dependent on their boyfriends or husbands. For me that's a major turn-off. And before everyone goes nuts over that comment, I'm fully aware that all southern women aren't like that. Well, I'm assuming they're not. All the ones I ever knew were exactly like that.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Well you don't really need to look. She'll be in her 30s or 40s, fit but with little to no makeup, very plain hair, and wearing a North Face jacket or vest with rubber boots.

But in all seriousness it's just a matter of what you find attractive. In my experience, southern women may often look good, but they also wear more makeup, make a bigger fuss over their hair and nails, wear dainty clothes, etc. The women here seem to wear a lot less makeup, often times appearing to wear none at all. They may not always look "hot", but they seem more likely to look fit and healthy. And I'm more attracted to someone who is more natural in appearance, even if at first glance she may not be as "hot" as southern women.

Also, completely unrelated to appearance, but my impression is that the average woman here is a lot more independent than the ones in the south. I just knew far too many helpless southern belles who were almost entirely dependent on their boyfriends or husbands. For me that's a major turn-off. And before everyone goes nuts over that comment, I'm fully aware that all southern women aren't like that. Well, I'm assuming they're not. All the ones I ever knew were exactly like that.
A good word to describe a lot of them is coy, even in a large metro area. It's not an approach I like and I realized I was living in an area that was very culturally different, as much as I liked the cost of living and the QOL. Having no family roots in that quadrant of the country (So. Florida doesn't count) and wondering if I could ever fully feel like it was home, I decided to move back West.

Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Quote:

Well I am a bit southern but you'll be finding me in my Jeep. No rubber boots, only Harley boots. Just about everything else applies.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:43 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,719,543 times
Yes, they do seem more well groomed, particularly their hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships