Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times

Advertisements

One minute guys are complaining about high maintenance women who wear too much makeup and spend too much money... next they're saying they love them because they're hot and take care of themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,819,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
One minute guys are complaining about high maintenance women who wear too much makeup and spend too much money... next they're saying they love them because they're hot and take care of themselves.
Yep, you are right we can't make up our minds. Most times there is no happy medium and that is the problem.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
Yep, you are right we can't make up our minds. Most times there is no happy medium and that is the problem.
I think most guys want a naturally beautiful woman that doesn't need to wear makeup, but looks like she does. She also, naturally, has perfectly wavy shiny hair that is perfectly coiffed when she wakes up. She would, of course, have the perfect body on which all clothes looked tailored and perfect.

Thus, no effort required beauty.

Unfortunately, there are probably 10 of these women in the world and they're all married to rich, famous dudes

Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,732,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
No, I haven't changed my mind since yesterday. When I think "woman who takes care of herself" I don't think of a woman who wears a lot of makeup, nail polish, etc. I think of a woman who wears very little makeup, exercises, and eats right.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
I don't know. On the other hand, think of the poor guy who has to wake up next to Paula Deen. Maybe poor is not a good word, but you get the idea.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:33 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
"conditioned to be debutantes"
and
"decoration on a man's arm"

Oh, robertpolyglot...you know this is 2013 and not 1813, surely!

I have lived my entire female life in the Southeast and NEVER have I been either....or have any of my friends.

In fact, I DO NOT KNOW NOW, NOR HAVE I EVER KNOWN any female that fits your oh-so-wrong and insulting descriptions. Afraid it only shows your ignorance...

Just another case of bashing and stereotyping southerners.
if you live in charleston and don't know any women who have been debutantes then you need to get out of the house more.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
"conditioned to be debutantes"
and
"decoration on a man's arm"

Oh, robertpolyglot...you know this is 2013 and not 1813, surely!

I have lived my entire female life in the Southeast and NEVER have I been either....or have any of my friends.

In fact, I DO NOT KNOW NOW, NOR HAVE I EVER KNOWN any female that fits your oh-so-wrong and insulting descriptions. Afraid it only shows your ignorance...

Just another case of bashing and stereotyping southerners.
I lived in Atlanta for 2 years. Not the one that got burned down, but the one with a new skyscraper topping out a month and a heavy-rail rapid transit system. Ok, if my words don't fit, how about "coy and entitled Southern sorority girl?" The Southeast and the Midwest are the biggest purveyors of that sort of culture and tradition, though the ones found in the Midwest may be a (rich) farmer's daughter. But, you know what I mean.

Good God. Thirty-five or forty women who talk like Paula Deen living in a house on Sorority Row. Now THAT would be an earful.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:03 AM

426 posts, read 558,637 times
nothing like suthern women, amen.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:55 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
This is a thread dedicated to gals from the South. No I'm not asking what they are like, because I already know. I'm just telling you that they are some of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. It is something about the way they dress and groom themselves (especially for church), their mannerisms, and their accents.

I really do.

But, if POF is any indication, I'll pass. Every alleged southern "bell" claims to be a muddin/fishing/big trucks type whose interests are "partying/drinking/clubbing" looking for her redneck romeo.

Oh, she's about 20, high school diploma...and two kid with a third on the way and works at a bar.

No thanks.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:04 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I don't know. On the other hand, think of the poor guy who has to wake up next to Paula Deen. Maybe poor is not a good word, but you get the idea.
IDK. Her husband seems to be a happy man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships