Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 09:28 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

mainstreet
my mother had to have a CO......LOS.....TOE.....ME.....colostom y. (I will use your spelling so there won't be any confusion) after some serious surgery. Her doctor told her that there are quite a few famous people that also have them and look how it didn't affect their lives. Her theory became "if they really are interested in me they will take me as I am"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 11:40 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
I am confused by the thread. I read the first post and thought the colostomy bag was a hypothetical condition and then later some odd banter back and forth about dinner, etc. Now that I know better, let me respond appropriately:

You do not have to tell everyone you date that you have a colostomy bag. That's personal information and not something they automatically earn the right to know. You can tell them when they have earned your trust and your intimacy. When you feel comfortable, I'm guessing, you will know when the time is right.

Greenie

Last edited by GreenMachine; 10-19-2007 at 12:00 AM..

Old 10-19-2007, 03:35 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
You should be mindful that we men are getting older too, and with that age, we also have conditions which we fear might be a turn off.

Dinner's great. Honey, I've got a bag.

Dear, I've got "dunlap" disease and painful rectal itch. Pass the salt.

Oh! Here's the pepper too. You don't mind? My bag, I mean.

Hmm? No, of course not. I also have stretch marks and moles covering my once perfect body. More dinner rolls?

Oh, thank you. So, you really don't mind my bag? More wine?

Of course not! Do you mind my diabetes, high blood pressure and retinopathy? No wine for me, I get mean when I drink too much.

Oh, we can't have that.

(chewing) Forget about the bag. Just enjoy life. Did I mention my toenail fungus causing discolored, black thickened toenails?

(chewing) Okay. Forget I mentioned it. *sigh Life is good.

Hmm. Yeah. (leans over and they share a kiss)

Old 10-19-2007, 06:38 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
You should be mindful that we men are getting older too, and with that age, we also have conditions which we fear might be a turn off.

Hmm? No, of course not. I also have stretch marks and moles covering my once perfect body. More dinner rolls?

Of course not! Do you mind my diabetes, high blood pressure and retinopathy? No wine for me, I get mean when I drink too much.

Oh, we can't have that.

(chewing) Forget about the bag. Just enjoy life. Did I mention my toenail fungus causing discolored, black thickened toenails?

Absolutely, flawless. I have never laughed this hard before my first cup of coffee in my life. Thank you so much....hysterical!!!!!!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 06:46 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,295,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post

Oh, we can't have that.

I had wondered about that.... That as you get older and are dating older people that these conditions become more common.

The rest is just freakin' hysterical...

Old 10-19-2007, 06:55 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
I am confused by the thread. I read the first post and thought the colostomy bag was a hypothetical condition and then later some odd banter back and forth about dinner, etc. Now that I know better, let me respond appropriately:

You do not have to tell everyone you date that you have a colostomy bag. That's personal information and not something they automatically earn the right to know. You can tell them when they have earned your trust and your intimacy. When you feel comfortable, I'm guessing, you will know when the time is right.

Greenie
Perfectly stated.........!

Old 10-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post
I had wondered about that.... That as you get older and are dating older people that these conditions become more common.

The rest is just freakin' hysterical...
LOL - I guess eventually all that becomes WHAT you have in common!!!!

Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,400,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post

Greenie
I'm still confused by the thread. If this woman has a colostomy bag, why is everyone including the OP joking about it? Now that I realize she really does have a serious medical condition, I find this sort of odd. This is not something I can joke around about. It's painful enough telling someone you're dating that you've had a mastectomy or survived cancer....I don't know what to say...I'm going back to the Business/Financed section. I do better over there....

Old 10-19-2007, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreet View Post
That is hysterical...and I am the master of ostomy humor.

I'm still waiting to be mugged...who's needs a concealed weapon...NOT ME!!!!
Everyone is joking about it because the OP has a healthy sense of humor about it....a great way to deal with life's unavoidable challenges

Old 10-19-2007, 08:50 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
redbird4848
as I am wiping the diet pepsi off the screen I am also giving you some serious reps
thanks for the laugh

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships