Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 12:32 PM

175 posts, read 314,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt. Buzzcut View Post
Or sewing....heck my girl will sit in the AC watching soap opera and after I've busted my arse mowing the grass in near 100 degree heat and after fixing dinner she'll finally ask," Hey you need some help?", after everythings done of course.
Ooooo, I would not put up with that for one minute. It is all hands on deck or nothing gets done. I am not lazy and work my tail off both on the job and at home. I would not be involved with a lazy woman. Can't cook, let me do it. Can't lift that? Ok, I'll pick it up. But sit on the sofa while everything is going on around her? Nope. Not me. I have a friend that married one like that. He does everything and I mean everything. All she does is sit on her rear and watch TV. He is too afraid of being alone to kick her to the curb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 12:34 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,952,785 times
It's a balance sheet. If a spouse can't cook, what else do they bring to the table... and "love" isn't the answer - if I'm risking half my net worth, you better be good at something!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,106,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
It's a balance sheet. If a spouse can't cook, what else do they bring to the table... and "love" isn't the answer - if I'm risking half my net worth, you better be good at something!
LOL, yeah Id like to see somebody pay the bills and feed the kids on love.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:38 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,599,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
Does it really bother y'all that much? Seriously, is food that big a deal?

It's not that I can't cook. I can, I'm good at baking. It's just I don't like cooking! It takes too long and I'm not patient... AT ALL!

All this crap about the way to a man's heart is food. WTF!

Every guy is different. Reality is I don't know one man who would turn a good woman down because she can't cook. You will be just fine. If it really bothers you then find a female friend and ask her to teach you how to make a couple of signature meals.

Being able to cook is not the way to a mans heart. That is a ridiculous statement.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,863,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
LOL, yeah Id like to see somebody pay the bills and feed the kids on love.
Um, women pay their bills and many make more than the men.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:43 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,135,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcatcher View Post
Ooooo, I would not put up with that for one minute. It is all hands on deck or nothing gets done. I am not lazy and work my tail off both on the job and at home. I would not be involved with a lazy woman. Can't cook, let me do it. Can't lift that? Ok, I'll pick it up. But sit on the sofa while everything is going on around her? Nope. Not me. I have a friend that married one like that. He does everything and I mean everything. All she does is sit on her rear and watch TV. He is too afraid of being alone to kick her to the curb.
Yup.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM

102,076 posts, read 107,068,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskink View Post
She's also risking 1/2 of her net worth. What do you bring to the table? What's wrong with both pooling their resources, and either hiring a yard guy and cleaning person (and handyman when needed, and taking the car out for lube service), and sharing cooking/eating out/using prepared foods from the grocery/deli, etc.? Pool the money and pool the chores or hire out. What's the big deal?

Old 01-04-2013, 12:46 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,128,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcatcher View Post
Yep, you nailed it.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:48 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,571,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
She's also risking 1/2 of her net worth. What do you bring to the table? What's wrong with both pooling their resources, and either hiring a yard guy and cleaning person (and handyman when needed, and taking the car out for lube service), and sharing cooking/eating out/using prepared foods from the grocery/deli, etc.? Pool the money and pool the chores or hire out. What's the big deal?
It's far, far cheaper to do those things yourself, not to mention healthier and better for the environment in most cases. A frugal person will not want to be with someone who has to hire out his or her share of the work. To some people, that's a very big deal.

Old 01-04-2013, 12:52 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,688,642 times
You know cooking isn't exactly rocket science. Unless your asking for five star restaurant quality meals on consistent basis you can teach your partner some of the basics.

Also besides my grandma the only two I know that know how to sew are two guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships