Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 03:22 PM

175 posts, read 315,305 times

Advertisements

This really has degenerated to gender warfare. You know what it tells me when a woman says she will not or won't share the cooking? You are lazy, selfish and spoiled. What does it tell me when a man says he can't or won't cook for his mate? He is lazy, selfish and spoiled.

For cryin' out loud. Cooking is a simple life skill. Think you have money and health problems? Try eating out every day. You will be broke and sick as crap most of the time. So, young men and ladies pull your heads out of that new age/feminist nonsense you have been force fed and realize, YOU AND YOUR PARTNER ARE IN IT TOGETHER. It is going to take both of you top make a decent life. This means giving and taking on all the choirs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 07:24 AM

322 posts, read 504,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I don't care, I don't care.
Are you mocking me?

Old 01-15-2014, 10:29 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,100,078 times
i like to cook and im a good cook so i enjoy cooking and dont mind cooking most of the time but there's days when i dont feel like cooking and wish my gf could do some cooking but she can't. call it sexist but i think women should be able to cook,heck everyone should be able to cook to some level, its a pretty basic skill. you dont have to be an iron chef but be able to cook something edible, its not too much to ask. i especially think women should be able to cook.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:40 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Listen. I remember one time I was working a new set in my home studio. One of those days I was in the zone, in there for hours. No idea what the girlfriend was up to. She came in with a sandwhich, pickle, doritos, and my favorite beer and "said you're working hard babe, enjoy this for a minute," and walked back out. I have never loved my girlfriend more than that moment. Ok maybe, not, but I'll tell you I adored her in a respectful manner at that moment, not a misogynistic one that certain people would try to spin it into.
Freakin' wow. I think I'd fall on the floor astonished if that happened to me. I'd probably feel the same way.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
Or vice versa.
Cooking should be a shared chore. The problem is many men expect the wife to cook but will not cook themselves.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
And she's settled for the perfect boyfriend as a result.
Yes he is because he can cook! I'll take him over a misogynist jerk who expects me to cook for him without cooking for me. Exactly why would I want a man who expects me to cook for him?

Old 01-15-2014, 01:07 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Cooking should be a shared chore. The problem is many men expect the wife to cook but will not cook themselves.
If a woman can't or will not cook I just wounder how my kids are going to eat. As soon as I finish college and start work I do not feel like cooking when I get home. I do not think I would be up for it after a 12/14 hour shift three days a week. On my days off I do not mind cooking and cleaning.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
If a woman can't or will not cook I just wounder how my kids are going to eat. As soon as I finish college and start work I do not feel like cooking when I get home. I do not think I would be up for it after a 12/14 hour shift three days a week. On my days off I do not mind cooking and cleaning.
What about the man cooking for the kids? most women work after having kids, why should cooking just be their job? It should be a shared job.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:13 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
What about the man cooking for the kids? most women work after having kids, why should cooking just be their job? It should be a shared job.
Yes I will cook on the 4 days I have off and she can cook on the 3 days I am working.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Yes I will cook on the 4 days I have off and she can cook on the 3 days I am working.
But what if she is working on those days? What if you end up working on the days you were supposed to have off? that's the thing, most people work and some work several hours so it should depend on factors like who is working and who is working that time etc. I work, I plan to continue working even if I get married or have kids. As a result both of us will cook, though him probably more because he likes to and is good while I'm not as good and don't like it as much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships