Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 AM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
True but so many people here have these stereotypes and I'll never understand it. I personally don't care if a guy is handy around cars, but then again I know a bit about mechanics, having a dad who is one.
haha, that's great! So that's one thing you "bring to the table"! Love it! He cooks, you service the car, perfect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Exactly. In that way we both get things done.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:56 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,808 times
No big deal, I can cook on my own.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Anyone love cooking, but hate cooking for other people? I love to cook. But I'm a one serving type of girl.

Old 01-04-2013, 06:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It would be nice if she could cook, too.

I have an incredibly strict diet, meaning I have to cook all of my meals(chicken breast, salmon). I don't eat fast food, pizza and all that, so if she was about that life, then it won't work. Obviously there will be nights where getting something quick would be better, but that would be limited to places like Subway or the occasional Raising Canes.

I wouldn't expect her to cook for me, as long as she has the same expectations. Maybe I would if I was feeling nice, but she better not count on that (that's only if she can't cook a lick.). A woman being able to cook and do it well would be a nice bonus, but it's not a requirement, and being able to learn her how to cook something would be a nice activity to do together.
I'm confused. You don't expect her to cook for you, and you definitely don't want to cook for her. So most every night both of you will each cook your own food?

Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
I love to cook. So no, it is not important that she cooks. An appreciation of food is nice, the picky eater bit can become cumbersome.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
It doesnt bother me that a woman cant cook. It bothers me very much if a woman wont try to learn to cook. That tells me something about her.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:23 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
It doesnt bother me that a woman cant cook. It bothers me very much if a woman wont try to learn to cook. That tells me something about her.
Agreed. Also if you're the main cook and she's not, if you get really sick and she refuses to cook for you, then she's not too interested in taking care of you.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:39 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,693,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
See, this just shows how much times have changed. Lots of guys don't know their way around a garage. Some women don't know how to cook, or nothing more than the very basics. Women don't reject guys because they don't know their way around a garage, or because they don't hang wallpaper or can't do plumbing repair. Everybody should just relax, instead of having these expectations. If you score a woman who's a great cook, that's great! If a woman scores a guy who can keep the car running or who can remodel the kitchen, fabulous! But these things shouldn't be deal-breakers if they're absent.
Exactly you won't catch me in a garage and I don't know jack about cars, engines or any of that handy business.
Now if want to get to know my lemon pepper chicken on top of a vegetable medley recipe that I can do.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordyloves View Post
Does it really bother y'all that much? Seriously, is food that big a deal?

It's not that I can't cook. I can, I'm good at baking. It's just I don't like cooking! It takes too long and I'm not patient... AT ALL!

All this crap about the way to a man's heart is food. WTF!
i don't care about the cooking , per se ... but it is usually a bad sign if she can't cook.

it tells me she hasn't put much thought into the whole "building a family" thing, which is fine, it just means the relationship might be limited to casual sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships