Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:34 PM

127 posts, read 154,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Darling, please feel free to date all of the barflies, fattiwatties, fugawugas and desperados that your little heart desires.

Men of quality treat ladies with respect....even in 2013.
Treating a woman with respect is paying for her dinner even though she has the means to do it herself?

You sure about that?

PS: I've dated many quality women that INSIST on going dutch. Sorry to burst your bubble, sweetheart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,152,398 times
If I was ever single again (*gulp*) i'd most probably stay that way. I'd have absolutely no interest in 'selling' myself to someone on a date.... balls to that idea.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:36 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
Most of the Western women I've dated have insisted on going Dutch too...probably because they think if they let me pay I'd feel entitled to sex.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:38 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
If I was ever single again (*gulp*) i'd most probably stay that way. I'd have absolutely no interest in 'selling' myself to someone on a date.... balls to that idea.

Obviously you see you're not missing much. But that's how it's looked at these days, a walking advertisement of self. "Well they have to PROVE that they're worthy first, etc. etc.' They can't just take the woman out and both pay. Nothing is simple anymore, has to be made complicated by these little stupid games.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Most of the Western women I've dated have insisted on going Dutch too...probably because they think if they let me pay I'd feel entitled to sex.
I feel entitled to sex even if they pay for me.

After all, I'm really doing them a favor.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:39 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
Treating a woman with respect is paying for her dinner even though she has the means to do it herself?

You sure about that?

PS: I've dated many quality women that INSIST on going dutch. Sorry to burst your bubble, sweetheart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoy316 View Post
I feel entitled to sex even if they pay for me.

After all, I'm really doing them a favor.

Your tone is very disrespectful and hints at the bitterness that you have toward women in general. This tells me ALL that I will ever need to know about you. Good luck to you.

Tis all.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:42 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I TRULY am glad that I'm not out dating....... I really mean it.......

If Mrs. Chow wises up and leaves me, I'd still not want to be out there......
Agree. And I wouldn't put myself out there at this stage of life. I'd find something else to occupy my time.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Your tone is very disrespectful and hints at the bitterness that you have toward women in general. This tells me ALL that I will ever need to know about you. Good luck to you.

Tis all.
That's your assumption.

I'm not bitter at all. I love women and do very well with them.

In fact, I was actually kidding about the last part.

You need to relax.

PS: I do believe that women shouldn't feel entitled to have a guy pay for them though. That's just ridiculous in this day and age (although, like I said, if the girl earns it by being awesome, I have no problem paying).

Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Yeah, this too. I'm not interested in "selling" myself and competing with other women to win the affections of some random guy.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yeah, this too. I'm not interested in "selling" myself and competing with other women to win the affections of some random guy.
What's all of this about "selling yourself"?

I go out and have fun. People will date you if they like being around you. There's very little salesmanship involved (except the confidence that is required in both).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships