Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2013, 12:44 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
Sometimes love is like that. I'm a newspaper reporter and last year I wrote a story about a local couple that had been married 65 years and died two days apart at ages 102 and 95.

It had been an opposites-attract love story with different social backgrounds, interests and personalities. They were older by society's standards when they finally married, but went on to have two kids and a very rich life together.

The woman had been sick for years but did not want to die b/c she was afraid that her husband would be unable emotionally to live without her. He got pneumonia and his health declined rapidly over a few weeks as she spent most of her time lying by his side in the bedroom they had shared for more than half a century.

When he finally passed, her children said that they could see her relax and finally let go. She pretty much fell into a deep, peaceful sleep until she died two days later. They had a joint funeral and there must have been 1,000 people there. Everyone in town knew and loved them.

That's a beautiful story still sadly we don't get to hear about those couples who have been to hell & back & stuck things out. The womAn I am dating has tried to tuck tail & run twice because she was scared due to past relationships failing & such. I've tried to run once myself because of the same reason I didn't let her & she didn't let me. It's a shame more couple's don't try harder these days then maybe they would see what's right in front of them, perhaps they would understand that the grass isn't greener some where else. Stories like this should be an inspiration to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Hey now...I read Twilight because I was doing a sociology report on unhealthy relationships for a class I was taking

I also read 50 Shades of Grey so I could make fun of my friends who loved it... kind of hard to do that if you haven't read it. It was HORRIBLE.
You're already awesome, so you aren't included in that.

The only one I was serious about was the Kim K one, though

Old 01-06-2013, 12:47 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You're already awesome, so you aren't included in that.

The only one I was serious about was the Kim K one, though
Ugh...I can't stand Kim K or their entire family. Fame-wh*res, the lot of them. I will admit I do think less of people who idolize people like her.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
I tried reading 50 Shades of Grey but I couldn't get past the first 50 pages or so. I really tried. It was just so poorly written I couldn't even tolerate it anymore.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I tried reading 50 Shades of Grey but I couldn't get past the first 50 pages or so. I really tried. It was just so poorly written I couldn't even tolerate it anymore.
Well, it is just Twilight fan fiction...

Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Hey now...I read Twilight because I was doing a sociology report on unhealthy relationships for a class I was taking

My GF LOVES Twlight sadly, I give her hell about it when she brings it up..

Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Ugh...I can't stand Kim K or their entire family. Fame-wh*res, the lot of them. I will admit I do think less of people who idolize people like her.
It's sad how many young women idolize her. Considering a woman who ****ed her way to fame and fortune as one of your biggest role models, among everything else including getting pregs by a man while still technically being married to someone else ?? Yikes, I'll pass.

Kinda depresses me. I'ma go look at Santa Claus kitten again.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
My GF LOVES Twlight sadly, I give her hell about it when she brings it up..
I've got a few girlfriends who dream of having a romance like Bella and Edward...I can't help but interject and let them know that they want an abusive, violent, unhealthy relationship. I think they revoked my lady card a long time ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's sad how many young women idolize her. Considering a woman who ****ed her way to fame and fortune as one of your biggest role models, among everything else including getting pregs by a man while still technically being married to someone else ?? Yikes, I'll pass.

Kinda depresses me. I'ma go look at Santa Claus kitten again.
Exactly! I just don't understand why so many women want to be like her...she's kind of a messed up human being. Being famous for being famous is not a viable career path.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
It was sarcasm, hence my rolleyes emoticon.
I know, hence my sticks tongue out emoticon.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Noah was hot when he madly tried to fix up the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships