Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 07:37 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,800,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, I don't really believe romance in general, so seeing a romantic movie just makes me roll my eyes and call BS on the whole thing.
You poor soul. Romance is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Safe Haven is about a girl that leaves her old life to build a new one. Meets guy, tries not to fall for him, does anyway and then all kinds of drama starts to happen. Good Read.

Nights in Rodanthe has a tragic ending and so does Message in a Bottle
Awesome! I shall research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
This woman does not.

I'll take an old school Western or even Rambo over a romance.
Don't get me wrong, I love Rambo as well, but The Notebook is just awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Channing Tatum will do that to any movie.
He's about as intelligent as my left foot.

Quote:
Exactly! It just gets peoples hopes up and they end up disappointed in their own lives.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:39 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,039,892 times
Quote:
Exactly! It just gets peoples hopes up and they end up disappointed in their own lives.
It's fiction. Anyone who tries to apply these story-lines to their own life needs a little reality check. It's entertainment.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
You poor soul. Romance is awesome.
The vast majority of people (ESPECIALLY men) wouldn't know what romance is if it hit them on the head. I don't expect it, so I'm never disappointed.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
It's fiction. Anyone who tries to apply these story-lines to their own life needs a little reality check. It's entertainment.

Quote:
The vast majority of people (ESPECIALLY men) wouldn't know what romance is if it hit them on the head. I don't expect it, so I'm never disappointed.
I love romance. It's hits my head all the time.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:42 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,780,189 times
Quote:
Well, I don't really believe romance in general, so seeing a romantic movie just makes me roll my eyes and call BS on the whole thing.
At my age romance is dead. Been there, done that, paid dearly for it.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
I see what you did there.

Basically this cowboy farmer kid meets this sexy hot chick who's mad wealthy and they hit it off and then get separated at the end of the summer and then years later after he gets back from fighting in WWII and she gets outta college they see each other again but this time he's got a sick house and she has a fiance with a ton of money and they shabang and then yadee yadee yada a whole lotta stuff happens and then they end up together.

I cry every time and my girlfriend beats me with a pillow while calling me a sissy.
So which part of it do you want? Do you want to be the fiance who gets dumped? Oh, wait, I get it--you want to be the farmer kid/war vet who gets the girl in the end?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:43 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times
Quote:
Sad.

I always say I'm not the romantic type but I secretly turn all warm and fuzzy inside when a guy does something romantic for me.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,567,314 times
Legends of the Fall is the best (tragic) romantic movie out there, imo.

Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Sad.

I always say I'm not the romantic type but I secretly turn all warm and fuzzy inside when a guy does something romantic for me.
The most romantic thing a guy has ever done for me is remember my birthday and actually gave me a card.

Who says romance is dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships