Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 04:29 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,769,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Then why say you had a great time if you have no intention of going out again?
My bad, miscommunication. If I don't want to go out again, I wouldn't say that. I just meant I'm literal in that if I just say "talk to you later", it just means "talk" to you later. And later meaning whenever, not necessarily near future.

And of course, every OP in this forum has bad things happen to them because it's their fault some way or other. Easy cop out. If one guy does it, I don't care. But if it keeps happening, I'm going to think WTF? It didn't bother me until I notice it happening repeatedly. Those last two incidents were recent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
This has happened several times where a guy will initiate a date or another date but I don't hear from them again. Scenarios:
1. Guy 1 and I are out and he says let's watch a movie next time. I say sure. Then he comes up with some lame medical excuse and I never hear from him again. Maybe it was real, I don't know, but that's not the point.
2. Guy 2 I met in the summer, says I'm cute, I don't hear from him until recently asking if I want to meet for coffee. I say sure, Friday? Then I never hear from him again.
3. Guy 3 and I were talking online and we were having fun. We start texting and he says morning beautiful. I say hey you, how's it going? Never heard from him again.

Is this some game men play to make us think of them? Even if in a bad light? Because honestly, for guy 1, a second date didn't even pop in my head, I never thought about guy 2 after I last saw him in the summer, and I wasn't even thinking of guy 3 all that much. I mean, they're the ones that initiate it. If I initiated and they don't reply, I'll think they don't like me and move on. But it's annoying to get flaked out on when it wasn't even me who asked them! Were they just lonely at that time, and then upon reflection they think, oh no, not her! What was I thinking? Or they just lost interest in the span of a day to a week? Wow, speaking of never having an ounce of expectation from men ever... No matter the circumstance. How irritating. And these are men in their mid twenties to early thirties.
Women flake in the same ways. In my experience with online dating, if I don't want to see them again, I won't suggest it. If I do, I'll say something at the end of the date and I will follow up. I don't see the reason to say you want to get together again and then blow the person off. But I have to say, its been done to me time and time again. I HATE dating and would much rather be married, but it just hasn't worked out for me, unfortunately.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
To the OP, Instead of pointing your finger at men, is it possible that you could have done something to turn them off? I see men & women who do this & when it comes down to it they are doing something to chase or run said person off. Might want to take a hard look at yourself.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 PM

No... because they will tell me they had a great time, I always make them laugh, they love being around me and that I'm cute and beautiful, but will flake on me.

And as for guy #2, I didn't even get to see him. He's the one who jumped out and contacted me and then disappeared next second I say sure. There isn't space for me to do anything to chase them off. Literally, they go one second from "let's go out" to disappearing with a snap. I will just label them fickle and leave it at that. Not everyone here who starts a thread is dysfunctional.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
No... because they will tell me they had a great time, I always make them laugh, they love being around me and that I'm cute and beautiful, but will flake on me.

And as for guy #2, I didn't even get to see him. He's the one who jumped out and contacted me and then disappeared next second I say sure. There isn't space for me to do anything to chase them off. Literally, they go one second from "let's go out" to disappearing with a snap. I will just label them fickle and leave it at that. Not everyone here who starts a thread is dysfunctional.

Some times it is our doing that's why I asked getting defensive doesn't help your cause.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:08 PM

Yes, well most of the time it really isn't us. That's why people shouldn't take things personally. Guess I should take my own advice.

I just knew someone is going to go "it's probably your own problems". See it here all too often.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:15 PM

270 posts, read 487,876 times
Quote:
This has happened several times where a guy will initiate a date or another date but I don't hear from them again. Scenarios:
1. Guy 1 and I are out and he says let's watch a movie next time. I say sure. Then he comes up with some lame medical excuse and I never hear from him again. Maybe it was real, I don't know, but that's not the point.
2. Guy 2 I met in the summer, says I'm cute, I don't hear from him until recently asking if I want to meet for coffee. I say sure, Friday? Then I never hear from him again.
3. Guy 3 and I were talking online and we were having fun. We start texting and he says morning beautiful. I say hey you, how's it going? Never heard from him again.

Is this some game men play to make us think of them? Even if in a bad light? Because honestly, for guy 1, a second date didn't even pop in my head, I never thought about guy 2 after I last saw him in the summer, and I wasn't even thinking of guy 3 all that much. I mean, they're the ones that initiate it. If I initiated and they don't reply, I'll think they don't like me and move on. But it's annoying to get flaked out on when it wasn't even me who asked them! Were they just lonely at that time, and then upon reflection they think, oh no, not her! What was I thinking? Or they just lost interest in the span of a day to a week? Wow, speaking of never having an ounce of expectation from men ever... No matter the circumstance. How irritating. And these are men in their mid twenties to early thirties.
OMG, yes!!! This happens to me all the time!!!! Haha, it always reminds me of the Friends episode where Rachel's boss liked Chandler and he couldn't stop saying he'd call her.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Yes, well most of the time it really isn't us. That's why people shouldn't take things personally. Guess I should take my own advice.

I just knew someone is going to go "it's probably your own problems". See it here all too often.

That's because it's easy to blame others for things we might not see ourselfs. Some times looking at outselfs is the best help, so many people are quick to blame others thwn the real problem is them. I've been there myself & I'm not ashamed to admit it. I never said it was YOUR problem merely suggested you look at what you MIGHT be doing wrong. Take it however you want.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I don't know, I think all humans make plans and then realize they just really don't feel like it.
I must admit that I've approached women, gotten a date, cancelled the date (not at the last minute though) and then never called them again. Reason was just like burgler said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships