Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,772,755 times

Advertisements

This has happened several times where a guy will initiate a date or another date but I don't hear from them again. Scenarios:
1. Guy 1 and I are out and he says let's watch a movie next time. I say sure. Then he comes up with some lame medical excuse and I never hear from him again. Maybe it was real, I don't know, but that's not the point.
2. Guy 2 I met in the summer, says I'm cute, I don't hear from him until recently asking if I want to meet for coffee. I say sure, Friday? Then I never hear from him again.
3. Guy 3 and I were talking online and we were having fun. We start texting and he says morning beautiful. I say hey you, how's it going? Never heard from him again.

Is this some game men play to make us think of them? Even if in a bad light? Because honestly, for guy 1, a second date didn't even pop in my head, I never thought about guy 2 after I last saw him in the summer, and I wasn't even thinking of guy 3 all that much. I mean, they're the ones that initiate it. If I initiated and they don't reply, I'll think they don't like me and move on. But it's annoying to get flaked out on when it wasn't even me who asked them! Were they just lonely at that time, and then upon reflection they think, oh no, not her! What was I thinking? Or they just lost interest in the span of a day to a week? Wow, speaking of never having an ounce of expectation from men ever... No matter the circumstance. How irritating. And these are men in their mid twenties to early thirties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
I don't know, I think all humans make plans and then realize they just really don't feel like it. Happens to me all the time.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:24 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
dont even bother trying to figure it all out, just be happy you saved yourself a future headache and didn't actually hook up with any of the guys like this.

Last edited by rego00123; 01-07-2013 at 01:36 AM..

Old 01-07-2013, 12:25 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
Ego boost to see if they can. As well as cold feet in some cases.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:26 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
I don't know.

Why do women do this?

One time, a few years ago, I was at a concert. I met a woman there. Well, by met I mean that we started making out while our sweaty bodies were mashed together at the front of the stage.

After the show I was walking away.

Her and her friend come running up to me. "Hey, where you going?". We talk for a bit. She says, "after all that you're not going to get my number?" I say something, I don't remember. She writes down her number and tells me to call her. A couple days later I call the number, and it's disconnected.

People do weird ****.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:40 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
Why do guys do this?
They weren't that 'in' to you.

[think of it as their loss and move on]

Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 AM

49 posts, read 41,762 times
I know this sound crazy but it's true. After I broke up with my long term girlfriend I hated women. She lied and told her friends I hit her, she told them she was going to the cops ect.

I went out on the dating scene too soon and dropped a few women without a proper explanation, a few months later down the track I explained the situation and apologized to them in an attempt to revive their hope in men, nothing more.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:27 AM

18 posts, read 23,912 times
It was probably just bad luck on your part that these three guys ignored you after the first interaction. There will be others. Hang in there.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:36 AM

376 posts, read 652,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchew0 View Post
This has happened several times where a guy will initiate a date or another date but I don't hear from them again. Scenarios:
1. Guy 1 and I are out and he says let's watch a movie next time. I say sure. Then he comes up with some lame medical excuse and I never hear from him again. Maybe it was real, I don't know, but that's not the point.
2. Guy 2 I met in the summer, says I'm cute, I don't hear from him until recently asking if I want to meet for coffee. I say sure, Friday? Then I never hear from him again.
3. Guy 3 and I were talking online and we were having fun. We start texting and he says morning beautiful. I say hey you, how's it going? Never heard from him again.

Is this some game men play to make us think of them? Even if in a bad light? Because honestly, for guy 1, a second date didn't even pop in my head, I never thought about guy 2 after I last saw him in the summer, and I wasn't even thinking of guy 3 all that much. I mean, they're the ones that initiate it. If I initiated and they don't reply, I'll think they don't like me and move on. But it's annoying to get flaked out on when it wasn't even me who asked them! Were they just lonely at that time, and then upon reflection they think, oh no, not her! What was I thinking? Or they just lost interest in the span of a day to a week? Wow, speaking of never having an ounce of expectation from men ever... No matter the circumstance. How irritating. And these are men in their mid twenties to early thirties.
Guys hit on women if nothing else to keep in practice and avoid boredom. Could be he was already in a relationship, got involved with someone else in the interim, maybe he was scared off by something you did or said, or something else who knows what.

I struggled to get dates when I was younger and overanalyzed and stressed over what was said until I realized that it rarely mattered, girls fall for you based on flirting and connecting in word interplay...so that's all I consider now. If I don't connect with some kind of discussion/flirtation, noting else is going to make her attracted to me. Men probably aren't that much different but I've never dated one so I wouldn't know.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 AM

161 posts, read 394,946 times
A lot of people (guys or girls, date material or just friends) just say things they don't mean or get cold feet. This has happened to me a lot, and I try my best not to do it to other people - so at the end of the day when it does happen (especially repeatedly) I just write them off, because I can't deal with flakes. I think it's inconsiderate and I can't rely on people like that. So don't sweat it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships