Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times

Advertisements

Ok this is just a super random observation. Over the past few weeks, it seems like every man (single) I have talked to wants to go to France or is planning to live there. What's the deal, it is a new hot topic. Some examples:

Guy #1: France is so great, I would to have a second home there (I don't even know how this came up)
Guy #2: I have decided I am going to take a trip to France before I have my first kid to get some parenting tips (I don't even know how the topic of future kids came up..... he brought it up...)
Guy #3: My favorite place is XXX (somewhere outside of Paris). It is really great, quite, laidback, and close enough to the city when I want to visit. I am going to retire there.

For reference, non of these people were french or even had ties there.

Anyone else notice any weird patterns?

Oh and the other one I noticed, holy cow men keep talking about having kids or being parents! I guess there is some truth to the idea, that when the marriage bug hits, who ever happens to be around ends up being the target. It isn't about meeting the right guy, but meeting him at the right time.

OK weird observations are closed for now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 02:25 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Maybe all these men are surrendering.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Every woman I meet loves Denver.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Every woman I meet loves Denver.
Because its nickname is Menver.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM

904 posts, read 1,381,582 times
They enjoy white flags, and guns that have never been used and only slightly damaged due to being dropped?

Old 01-07-2013, 02:32 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,132,224 times
Quote:
Ok this is just a super random observation. Over the past few weeks, it seems like every man (single) I have talked to wants to go to France or is planning to live there. What's the deal, it is a new hot topic. Some examples:

Guy #1: France is so great, I would to have a second home there (I don't even know how this came up)
Guy #2: I have decided I am going to take a trip to France before I have my first kid to get some parenting tips (I don't even know how the topic of future kids came up..... he brought it up...)
Guy #3: My favorite place is XXX (somewhere outside of Paris). It is really great, quite, laidback, and close enough to the city when I want to visit. I am going to retire there.

Oh and the other one I noticed, holy cow men keep talking about having kids or being parents! I guess there is some truth to the idea, that when the marriage bug hits, who ever happens to be around ends up being the target. It isn't about meeting the right guy, but meeting him at the right time.

For someone who hasn't ever been to France, that's strange. But, I can totally understand wanting to live in France (for someone who has been there) - I'd live there in a heartbeat (language barrier aside). It's a beautiful country with very lovely (and often crazy) people and a very rich history. Plus, the food.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:

Facebook.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
yes... every female profile on okcupid has a photo of them either at Mayan ruins, or Ireland.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:39 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,777,416 times
"I want to move to France" <----- Just about the last thing you will ever hear me say.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:43 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Maybe there's been a media blitz on France??
Funny that would come up at a time when French taxpayers are abandoning ship to escape high taxes. The trendy destination for tax evaders seems to be Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships