Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:52 PM

102,219 posts, read 107,883,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
May I ask why do you want to know?
I had a similar question. How well do you know him? Can you trust him not to see women while he's away? Have you two known each other long enough for mutual trust to build? Or is he just trying to control you, partly out of guilt because he knows what he's going to be up to while he's away? People usually agree to exclusivity after they've formed a real bond and care about each other, not because they want to put a chastity belt on each other.

Just wondering...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I had a similar question. How well do you know him? Can you trust him not to see women while he's away? Have you two known each other long enough for mutual trust to build? Or is he just trying to control you, partly out of guilt because he knows what he's going to be up to while he's away? People usually agree to exclusivity after they've formed a real bond and care about each other, not because they want to put a chastity belt on each other.

Just wondering...

What she said.

When I first started dating my husband, he was overseas for more than half the year and the other half he was traveling domestically. I thought it was the ideal setup!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 PM

313 posts, read 664,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
It's good to see you have no difficulties with self-esteem and hold yourself in such high-regard. Very impressive!

This guy who asked you to be "his girl" (I haven't heard that kind of thing since high school). How many times did you go out?
Well our situation is different. He wanted me to wait for him till he comes back in March. Base on experience, agreeing to be exclusive with someone with no bf/gf label at all is not a good idea, so I told him that I wouldn't wait. If he comes back and I'm with someone then it's his lost. He wanted me to not date anyone else. I told him that that only applies when your in an exclusive relationship. That's when he asked me to be his girl. I told him I would think about it. Then he became really persistent to make me his gf.

But to answer your question. It took 3 dates. I know him for over a month. I didn't hear from him for over a week. Within that period, I didn't text or call him asking him out or asking him what happened. It bothered me but I went on with my life. Then one day, he sent me a text. He called me.He said he's just been busy.

Last edited by YellowT; 01-10-2013 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Edit

Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
So three dates, no sex and he wanted you to be his exclusive girlfriend? Do you have any idea how hot you must be? That must be an incredible boost to your ego to be wanted like that.

From of the sound of things he's going to be missing out though. That's really too bad for him.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,451,329 times
if you are too busy to be present in a relationship properly you are too busy to be in a relationship period.
your wants do not outweigh your reality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships