Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:08 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times

Advertisements

Because even though they don't meet your requirements, you meet theirs and they figure the worse that can happen is you will tell them no. I have mine set to 32-45 and a good percentage who view it are in their 50's.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:09 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
perhaps you should try christian mingle. My guess is there's a smaller percentage of guys with large penises there...oh wait i said that wrong...my guess is there's a smaller percentage of guys willing to put their large penises to work there...dammit still wrong, i give up.
looool

788 posts, read 1,271,568 times
You're too nice. Just ignore them if they don't meet your requirements. When I first started online dating, I did the same thing. They all seemed to take it as playing hard to get, but I was really just trying to be polite by declining them. When I realized that being polite got me nowhere, I just started ignoring them and they rarely contacted me again.

If they can't respect your profile requirements, is it really necessary to be polite by saying "no, thank you" and engaging them in further dialogue? Ignoring them is your best bet. Good luck!

904 posts, read 1,381,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
How would you not know why you're doing something? Especially when you've made recent and countless threads about online dating, whose only purpose is to trash 99.9% of men that contact you, or make fun of other people's profiles.

Quality people attract quality...
Can't rep you but that is so very true.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:11 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacer View Post
Perhaps you should try Christian Mingle. My guess is there's a smaller percentage of guys with large penises there...Oh wait I said that wrong...my guess is there's a smaller percentage of guys willing to put their large penises to work there...dammit still wrong, I give up.
I have heard the Christian/religious sites are the worst. Full of people who just looking to hook up. Haven't tried any of them though so I can't attest to it personally.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:11 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Probably but the thing is I am way too nice to them. My profile clearly states what I seek. One guy just called me prissy because of my requirements.
Why do they play games? Why do you play games? Why are you "too nice to them"? Why are you blaming them for your lack of ability to hit the block link?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
You're too nice. Just ignore them if they don't meet your requirements. When I first started online dating, I did the same thing. They all seemed to take it as playing hard to get, but I was really just trying to be polite by declining them. When I realized that being polite got me nowhere, I just started ignoring them and they rarely contacted me again.

If they can't respect your profile requirements, is it really necessary to be polite by saying "no, thank you" and engaging them in further dialogue? Ignoring them is your best bet. Good luck!
Thanks. I do think I am too nice with them and then several think I am a possibility. I just hate being mean to anyone, though yes they do waste my time.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I have heard the Christian/religious sites are the worst. Full of people who just looking to hook up. Haven't tried any of them though so I can't attest to it personally.
I tried CatholicMatch and one guy kept asking me sex questions after we had been chatting a while. He then sent me a horrible book via email about women obeying men.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:14 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Thanks. I do think I am too nice with them and then several think I am a possibility. I just hate being mean to anyone, though yes they do waste my time.
Yet you'll make fun of them behind their backs and that's a good Christian thing to do because at least they don't know you're doing it....

From reading all your posts, I don't think you're healthy enough to consider dating someone else and that's reflected in your pursuit of Taco Guy and your anger at guys who dare contact you on dating sites, or mother-in-laws who want to throw showers, etc.. It really seems that you have some work to do on your own personal growth before being able to be in a relationship with someone else.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Yet you'll make fun of them behind their backs and that's a good Christian thing to do because at least they don't know you're doing it....

From reading all your posts, I don't think you're healthy enough to consider dating someone else and that's reflected in your pursuit of Taco Guy and your anger at guys who dare contact you on dating sites, or mother-in-laws who want to throw showers, etc.. It really seems that you have some work to do on your own personal growth before being able to be in a relationship with someone else.
No I only make fun of people who are delusional in what they can get like 50 year old men seeking 20 year olds. I am not interested in anyone but Taco Man and as for my shower thread no I find it offensive when people disregard someone else's views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships