Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 04:54 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
i just saw a depressing thing on the news that in NY women consider the "perfect man" to earn at least $150,000 per year, are physically fit and something else that i can't remember (maybe ambitious). i already suspected this but now i saw it on TV and it does nothing but throw more salt in the wound
Do you live in NY?

I'm from there and that mentality can be found in certain places, but 99.99999999999934852834% of women I've met in NY are not like that.

I just typed up a crap load of decent advice that should help you out but it looks like you just won't take it. I will not offer my services for free anymore and will send you a bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,740,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Wow, even more overthinking in this post.
Yes, welcome to my brain.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
yes i am in NY. i make enough to support myself but not a family.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:59 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
So let me understand this:

The two main things holding you back from being confident and feeling good about yourself is that you

a) went through a bad divorce

and

b) have career issues

BREAKING NEWS:

Your divorce is done with. Wallowing in your sadness only eats at you. The only way for you to move on is to get out and do you. Screw a hangover.

About the career thing - everyone has career difficulties at one point or another. Life is not cookie cutter. There is no plan. If you are trying to have something steady, you're not living life. Life is a synonym for having cow crap thrown in your face while you're on all fours, naked, under a tsunami wave in the middle of Indonesia.

It's time for people in general to grow thicker skin and not get beat down to the point at which they do not believe in positiveness anymore. I joke about it here on the forums, but that's only because the people I joke about it to are CD virgins who will feel like total retards the day that they grow up and realize that life is not a vagina poking spree.
You are one confident, hilarious dude. Let me clarify on the divorce. I'm 2 years removed from wallowing, but feel like I don't know how to date anymore. I missed a lot while I was with my ex-wife and then getting over her, which in total was 9 years. Dating has completely changed. I'm lost.

The career stuff went on for so long (part my own damn fault, and part beyond my control) that its hard to forget. It changes you to go through many years of unemployment/underemployment. I wanted to be the provider for my ex-wife and fell way short, which is why we never had kids, and indirectly led to the divorce. I think I just messed it up and it does eat at me. I guess I don't have thick enough skin. I internalize failures and they end up defining me. Its awful.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
yes i am in NY. i make enough to support myself but not a family.
We're talking about dating, not getting married and having to support a family.

You have roadblocks that shouldn't even exist right now.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:01 PM

296 posts, read 638,466 times
All I ever see is poor women folk trying their best to be skinnier, prettier, sexier, more attractive while I am hard pressed to find a man that doesnt have butt crack or belly gut showing or their zippers pulled all the way up. Think men need to get with the program and start working harder to look better! Bye bye back/nose/ear hair!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You are one confident, hilarious dude. Let me clarify on the divorce. I'm 2 years removed from wallowing, but feel like I don't know how to date anymore. I missed a lot while I was with my ex-wife and then getting over her, which in total was 9 years. Dating has completely changed. I'm lost.

The career stuff went on for so long (part my own damn fault, and part beyond my control) that its hard to forget. It changes you to go through many years of unemployment/underemployment. I wanted to be the provider for my ex-wife and fell way short, which is why we never had kids, and indirectly led to the divorce. I think I just messed it up and it does eat at me. I guess I don't have thick enough skin. I internalize failures and they end up defining me. Its awful.
Don't dwell on it buddy, it sounds like you actually got off lightly. Imagine if you''d had children with someone not fit to be a parent, YOU would be paying for it now and your children would suffer for it.

Think glass half full and all that jazz.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post

How in the F has dating "completely changed"? Dating is dating is dating is dating. You should not be lost. It's a curvy path with lots of bumps but it is well lit.

At least you know that you internalize failures and you let them end up defining you. You know what your issue is. So stop doing it. I am no God. There are times when I get down on myself but then I think just think to myself, "who really cares?" and I move on. Life is about growth and progression. You need crap to be thrown at you so you can wash it off and start fresh.

If Abraham Lincoln let himself believe he could only become a lawyer by going to college, he would have never taken the initiative to teach himself and become one of the best Presidents of the US.

Old 01-12-2013, 05:09 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,683,123 times
oh no don't send a bill, i don't make enough, i can't afford it...!!!

Old 01-12-2013, 05:23 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,126 times
Quote:
oh no don't send a bill, i don't make enough, i can't afford it...!!!
LMAO! He could charge though. He seems to have a good amount of knowledge/wisdom. I do too, but can't get out of my own way. Thats the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships