Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 10:07 AM

558 posts, read 2,248,933 times

Advertisements

Who is the worst person you've EVER had to deal with in your life? And who's the best person you've had the good fortune to have in your life?

WORST: My mother-in-law. I thought mother-in-law jokes were funny until I met my MIL. She has spent the last 20+ years putting me down, trying to turn my husband against me, finding fault with everything I do, and actually telling me how she did everything so much better. She has broken up (she at least had a part in it...) 2 of her 4 kids' marriages. She makes Marie on "Everybody Loves Raymond" look like a saint!! She's not even nice to her grandchildren!!!

BEST: My DH, who says about her: she can go *#@^& and #$%*&^ and you get the idea.... Somehow, he rises above it all, stands by me, and actually gets me to laugh about her.

HOW ABOUT ALL OF YOU...anyone who has tried/tries to make your life miserable? Anyone who always makes the sun shine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
The worst person was my EX MIL. What a true witch hag, she was. She made my life miserable from the time I met the Bit**. I never got to tell her how I really felt, as I divorced her loser of a son and she died.

My best? I would have a long list, as I can't just say one person. I have many great people in my life.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
The worst person was my EX MIL. What a true witch hag, she was. She made my life miserable from the time I met the Bit**. I never got to tell her how I really felt, as I divorced her loser of a son and she died.

My best? I would have a long list, as I can't just say one person. I have many great people in my life.
Your post reminds me...I've always been baffled and amazed by my MIL raising a son that's nothing like her...THANK GOD, LITERALLY

Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Oh, my ex was just one of those guys who couldn't hold a job. And - him being a lot older then I, I thought perhaps he would of been mature enough to be a man! Wrong. I Wasted too many years on him and his mother. I posted awhile ago, she left me stranded on the road.

Old 10-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Oh, my ex was just one of those guys who couldn't hold a job. And - him being a lot older then I, I thought perhaps he would of been mature enough to be a man! Wrong. I Wasted too many years on him and his mother. I posted awhile ago, she left me stranded on the road.
OMG - she could even be a step down from MINE !!

Yeah, age TOO often has nothing to do with maturity...!!

Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
worst - My old boss - he was like Hitler. He would scream and swear at you - this was in the office of a large company. He made people cry and turn green when he walked by. He acted like he was such a good person - it was disgusting.

best - my husband. He is the kindest, nicest person I know. He is wonderful and makes all of us happy! Okay - he doesn't do the dishes and I don't think he has ever really looked at the washer and dryer - but I LOVE HIM anyway - just don't tell him that!!
He's a great father and a wonderful friend.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
worst - My old boss - he was like Hitler. He would scream and swear at you - this was in the office of a large company. He made people cry and turn green when he walked by. He acted like he was such a good person - it was disgusting.

best - my husband. He is the kindest, nicest person I know. He is wonderful and makes all of us happy! Okay - he doesn't do the dishes and I don't think he has ever really looked at the washer and dryer - but I LOVE HIM anyway - just don't tell him that!!
He's a great father and a wonderful friend.
Isn't it amazing sometimes the juvenile behavior bosses get away with in the workplace??

Old 10-18-2007, 11:19 AM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
He was a big $ donater to his old college - they built a gym in his name and put him on the board - he started acting like that and they kicked him off the board and I think took his name off the bldg!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
He was a big $ donater to his old college - they built a gym in his name and put him on the board - he started acting like that and they kicked him off the board and I think took his name off the bldg!!!
YIPPEE............. a satisfactory outcome, I'd say.......

Old 10-18-2007, 11:50 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
Ug. My in-laws were drunken, dirty slobs. How they managed to raise such a great person (husband) is beyond me. They hated me the minute they met me, in part because my dad was a police officer and they did not love police officers. We tried to make a family out of it, but my husband decided when we started our family to cut them off along with his psyco sisters. Glad he did.

Best: Obviously, my husband and my best friend and my kids!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships