Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM

518 posts, read 1,004,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
That philosophy may work against you someday.
Just when you'll need love the most.
Nah. It never will. I've found the love of my life already, thank you very much. The truth is the truth, sir. And even if I was single, I could NEVER love someone I wasn't sexually or physically attracted to. I love sexual intimacy and the only way I would ever engage in it would be with a man I was attracted to in that way. No matter how much I was DYING to be loved, I wouldn't be able to even kiss a man I wasn't attracted to. Maybe when I'm like 80 years old and just wanted companionship, then I would MAYBE be with a man I wasn't attracted to because by then, I most likely won't be sexually active.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 06:01 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
beauty is only in the eye of the beholder. cliche yet so true.
Maybe but some beauty is in the eyes of very few beholders and some beauty is in the eyes of many beholders.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:07 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Nah. It never will. I've found the love of my life already, thank you very much. The truth is the truth, sir. And even if I was single, I could NEVER love someone I wasn't sexually or physically attracted to. I love sexual intimacy and the only way I would ever engage in it would be with a man I was attracted to in that way. No matter how much I was DYING to be loved, I wouldn't be able to even kiss a man I wasn't attracted to. Maybe when I'm like 80 years old and just wanted companionship, then I would MAYBE be with a man I wasn't attracted to because by then, I most likely won't be sexually active.
good for you!
I think most of us think this way, but few have the courage to admit it.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM

499 posts, read 756,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
beauty is only in the eye of the beholder. cliche yet so true.
I've dated college football player, I've dated crazy artist type, I also dated reformed bad boy, they are all handsome, tall, drive nice cars, but when I met the love of my life, a computer geek who was a struggling single dad, I was immediately hooked. Of course, there are women labled me as "severely codependent." whatever. How about we just clicked with each other becasue he has accepted me for me.

He passed away and I was devastated. Never was one day gone by I haven't thought about him.

It is not the confidence, look, money, or the social status attract people, it is the chemistry. Ever read that book "laws of attraction" we attract to certain kind of people because it is in our genetic DNA. My girlfriend likes tall white guy, I prefer tall men with darker skin and darker features. We are both labeled as "shallow"

anyway, you cannot help whom you are attracted to. don't lower your standard just because other people think you should. The end of the day, you have to sleep with that woman you choose to sleep with, and the concept of "turn off the light, everybody is the same" is just so wrong, so foolish, so unrealistic and uneducated.
Note "Tall" everywhere in what she said. She has a preference. "Short" won't do

Why any man would care about what unattractive women have to deal with is beyond me. Everyone has a preference. Women turn down men for all kind of things. Looks, Height, Race, Income being some of them. Some of the fat women who have visited my dating profile had things like "if you're fat don't bother" on their profile. Even though I'm fit, I'd laugh when I'd read stuff like that. Lol.

Who cares if you're shallow? If you only want a woman who is a 10 in looks or less than a size 4, then go for it!

You like what you like and you can't help what you're attracted to.

Even if you look like a gremlin, you're still entitled to chase after the sexiest women in the world if that's what you're going for

Last edited by Walter002; 01-16-2013 at 06:18 PM..

Old 01-16-2013, 06:12 PM

650 posts, read 701,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apotamkin_Renesmee View Post
Picking a mate is like picking a horse at the track to win a race. The better the horse looks? How well does a horse like that run? Well you'll find out the sad answer to that as the race goes on. Good luck to you and maybe you'll learn how to pick the winner after you lose enough times.

But you probably won't ever learn how to pick the winner. few people who pick by looks ever learn how to pick the winner.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:22 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Some of the fat women who have visited my dating profile had things like "if you're fat don't bother" on their profile. Even though I'm fit, I'd laugh when I'd read stuff like that. Lol.

lol

Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
Note "Tall" everywhere in what she said. She has a preference. "Short" won't do

Why any man would care about what unattractive women have to deal with is beyond me. Everyone has a preference. Women turn down men for all kind of things. Looks, Height, Race, Income being some of them. Some of the fat women who have visited my dating profile had things like "if you're fat don't bother" on their profile. Even though I'm fit, I'd laugh when I'd read stuff like that. Lol.

Who cares if you're shallow? If you only want a woman who is a 10 in looks or less than a size 4, then go for it!

You like what you like and you can't help what you're attracted to.

Even if you look like a gremlin, you're still entitled to chase after the sexiest women in the world if that's what you're going for
Many older women (on single sites) who look like gremlins/frogs/gorillas etc think like that. They think like they are still entitled to wait for the Brad Pitts to finally discover them THERE YOU ARE!.............and they truly honestly believe he just hasn't seen them yet. Oh sure its their right too to be delusional and we aren't disputing that but think of the many good older men who go alone because of this foolish mindset of women over 60 who use make-up, get their hair dyed, get a large number of (insincere) sex emails from bored as-wipes and think that these three things make them "beautiful" and "stunning" and "too good" for their incredibly lonely male peers.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
Many older women (on single sites) who look like gremlins/frogs/gorillas etc think like that. They think like they are still entitled to wait for the Brad Pitts to finally discover them THERE YOU ARE!.............and they truly honestly believe he just hasn't seen them yet. Oh sure its their right too to be delusional and we aren't disputing that but think of the many good older men who go alone because of this foolish mindset of women over 60 who use make-up, get their hair dyed, get a large number of (insincere) sex emails from bored as-wipes and think that these three things make them "beautiful" and "stunning" and "too good" for their incredibly lonely male peers.
Yes, and every single man on dating sites is perfectly honest and looking for someone on their level. They NEVER send messages to women 30 or 40 years their junior or demand that the ONLY women they're interested in must be thin and fit while they're 50 lbs overweight.

Nah, it's JUST women who have unrealistic expectations.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,087 times
You're a man, sex feels good always, all women are at least a little hot, stop being a whiny little ***** and go for GOOD women who will satisfy your intellect and spirit, since, like I said, they should all be able to satisfy you physically,

Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yes, and every single man on dating sites is perfectly honest and looking for someone on their level. They NEVER send messages to women 30 or 40 years their junior or demand that the ONLY women they're interested in must be thin and fit while they're 50 lbs overweight.

Nah, it's JUST women who have unrealistic expectations.
I never said that nor do I think that.

Why are you being sarcastic? Why not ask me what I think!

Ok, the old men you are describing are pigs. All they deserve is dirt but unfortunately it seems that (even at the post 60 age circa 2013) more of them than us attract the good over 60 women.

For purposes of this discussion, there are two kinds of men in the singles world. There are those slobs who might have a little extra $$$$$$$$$$$$ but they take their big bucks and demand some young slim girls and they get exactly what they deserve...............and you can go spit on them.

Then you've got us nice guys who are working, who are alone, who would be glad to have a plain looking, overweight wife our age or older but we are being denied.

DON'T EVER EVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PUT ME IN THE SAME ROOM WITH ONE OF THOSE OLD LECHERS!

I don't compare you to the superficial older women I know, please distinguish between men and old boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships