Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2013, 03:23 PM

677 posts, read 1,193,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Interesting class of people we've got arguing here. It's probably in everyone's best interest that they don't reproduce.
*Paternity test* sends shivers down the spine for many women, I'm sure.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
I rather not breed.
Understood, but you're not using a condom to keep from breeding; you already got a vasectomy. You're using them at this point in case your girlfriend cheats on you and gives you a disease. That's fair, I don't know her.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:23 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,691,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Understood, but you're not using a condom to keep from breeding; you already got a vasectomy. You're using them at this point in case your girlfriend cheats on you and gives you a disease. That's fair, I don't know her.
To be fair, I don't use it for that either. I know she's clean. I use it out of habit.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:33 PM

677 posts, read 1,193,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You could also have each other checked for STDs regularly but since women get offended over everything, they wouldn't accept.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:37 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,778,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
*Paternity test* sends shivers down the spine for many women, I'm sure.
Well women tend not to take kindly to being called w***es, even in a roundabout way.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 PM

36,441 posts, read 30,806,667 times
Quote:
I'm sure women don't like the idea of mandatory paternity tests but everyone has the right to know the truth. If you don't have anything to hide, why are all women so against paternity tests?

If it wasn't for my age I would have done a vasectomy ages ago. No one is trapping me with this trick.
I dont have anything to hide. Im against any government sanctioned action to compel anyone to give their body fluids, pieces or parts to be used by any private or governement body for any reason. We are losing our freedoms bit by bit. Anyway we dont need gov. mandated taking and storing of DNA. If you want a DNA test have one done. You afraid you will pee someone off get a kit and do it behind their back. If your pretty sure she is a deceptive, manipulative wench trying to steal your money to raise anothers child so what if your being deceptive also. So what if you make her mad. Its a personal problem and not only do I not want the gates opened more for the gov. to pry into our personal lives, I dont want additional taxes or insurance premiums to pay for DNA tests.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
To be fair, I don't use it for that either. I know she's clean. I use it out of habit.
I wasn't trying to impugn her. You said you get regular STD checkups so I thought you were concerned. Condoms and STD panels aren't cheap, but everybody has a habit, I suppose.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
You could also have each other checked for STDs regularly but since women get offended over everything, they wouldn't accept.
LOL. If your in a serious monogomus relationship and have to get regular STD checks Im not sure what the point of the relationship is. I dont see it going in a positive direction.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:53 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,194,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont have anything to hide. Im against any government sanctioned action to compel anyone to give their body fluids, pieces or parts to be used by any private or governement body for any reason. We are losing our freedoms bit by bit. Anyway we dont need gov. mandated taking and storing of DNA. If you want a DNA test have one done. You afraid you will pee someone off get a kit and do it behind their back. If your pretty sure she is a deceptive, manipulative wench trying to steal your money to raise anothers child so what if your being deceptive also. So what if you make her mad. Its a personal problem and not only do I not want the gates opened more for the gov. to pry into our personal lives, I dont want additional taxes or insurance premiums to pay for DNA tests.
So no testing of suspected drunk drivers?

Anyway, the mandatory testing isn't really to protect the guys who don't trust their girls or think they aren't the father. Those guys have options, like their own covert tests as you suggested. It's for the guys who DO trust and it never occurred to them they might not be the father, who find out years later they were clueless schmucks and were played like a fiddle.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:08 PM

No. No forced taking of urine or blood to determine if someone is to drunk to drive. Field sobriety tests can determine that.

So subject everyone to a forced DNA test and store the results forever available to any tom dick or harry working for the agency just incase somewhere down the line its found out a married man's child is not his biological child. And the saving grace of this will be? A small fraction of the population will save face to a small fraction of the population that gives a crap that a random stranger had a parental relationship with a child that wasnt biologically his. Lets start doing mandtory procedures just incase otherwise happy people living happy lives might by some slim chance be embarassed by some deception at some point in their life. yup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.