Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:51 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
First, you needed to define what a feminist is.

To me, a feminist is a woman who stands up for, or takes the side of a woman, unconditionally, even if she has nothing in common with her and/or knows the woman under scrutiny is wrong.

Since the feminist movement has outlived its usefulness and is moot, that is MY 2013 definition of a feminist. I've known women like that. Talk about self-hatred.

Given that more "current" definition, a woman is going to defend a gold digger, even of the most unscrupulous variety, because she is a woman. It's a sad, but real phenomenon

As for men looking for sex, what else is new? However, many times, women capitulate, mutually agree, or even give the "green light." Most sex that does occur is consensual and between adults. Sometimes, I think the (straight) feminists are just jealous that they ain't getting any.
Robert, this is utterly ridiculous. Have you ever seen the women here defend gold-diggers? Other than to laugh at some of the guys and say they don't have enough gold to dig, anyway? Come on.

And this isn't the place to start a debate on whether the women's movement is moot. MG. That's a topic for its own thread. Probably in Politics & OC.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I think a married person is entitled to both sex and their partner's money.
Other than that, fuggedhaboutit.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv1220 View Post
I have never heard one feminist on the board criticize women who feel entitled to men's money, women who seek out rich men, etc. For all their talk of fairness, feminists are anything but fair. They criticize harshly the double standards that do not favor women, but they readily accept the ones that are convenient for women. I just don't like hypocrites very much.
Then you haven't been listening! Your post reads like you're just making things up, or copying rants from a men's blog.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
This whole thread seems like a terrible hallucination. Then again I see so many wrong things here such as all women want rich men that I have to scream.

Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,222,643 times
Quote:
It's 6 or 7 strains, out of about 90 to 100 they've identified. Regardless, women have died from ovarian cancer and penile cancer is extremely rare. Most people don't know anyone who has had penile cancer, but most people know someone (not famous) who has had testicular cancer.
Questionable.

Online research does say this. This is a surprise to me, however. I'm currently studying for my medical boards and ALL of my textbooks only list strains 16 and 18 to be potentially pre-cancerous.

But fair enough. You're right.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:

To me, a feminist is a woman who stands up for, or takes the side of a woman, unconditionally, even if she has nothing in common with her and/or knows the woman under scrutiny is wrong.

Since the feminist movement has outlived its usefulness and is moot, that is MY 2013 definition of a feminist. I've known women like that. Talk about self-hatred.

Given that more "current" definition, a woman is going to defend a gold digger, even of the most unscrupulous variety, because she is a woman. It's a sad, but real phenomenon

As for men looking for sex, what else is new? However, many times, women capitulate, mutually agree, or even give the "green light." Most sex that does occur is consensual and between adults. Sometimes, I think the (straight) feminists are just jealous that they ain't getting any.
Damn, robertpolyglot sacking up and laying the smackdown!

I love it!

Boss status.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
Damn, robertpolyglot sacking up and laying the smackdown!

I love it!

Boss status.
Oh, get real! Robert declares and absurd (and definitely not true in C-D experience) statement "fact", and then bases more completely erroneous statements on this fantasy "fact". Completely ignoring pages of women's anti-gold-digger posts, not to mention a long history of same by women on C-D. You know better than that, Jack. You're in med school. We assume you have a brain. Use it.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, get real! Robert declares and absurd (and definitely not true in C-D experience) statement "fact", and then bases more completely erroneous statements on this fantasy "fact". Completely ignoring pages of women's anti-gold-digger posts, not to mention a long history of same by women on C-D. You know better than that, Jack. You're in med school. We assume you have a brain. Use it.
Don't be a hater, Ruth.

Old polyglot is becoming a boss. Don't halt his transcendence.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:12 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Default Three little words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisv1220 View Post
Why are men who feel entitled to sex from their woman considered such awful misogynists? But women who feel entitled to having a man spend money on them, most of you do not have a problem with it? I don't see anyone complaining about how women going after rich men are such awful misandrists.

Seems about even to me. I don't see how being materialistic is somehow morally superior to being horny. Both qualities are superficial. Oh how i despise double standards.
It can be even as long as you know what it is exactly that YOU expect in return for your hard earned cash!

Quote:
I think that's the problem with our culture.

EVERYBODY feels entitled to EVERYTHING without doing ANYTHING to work for it.
Well...not EVERYBODY feels entitled to EVERYTHING...and some ARE willing to work for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
And far too many women demand being paid for just because of their sex.
Actually...it is a business and for (at least for the purpose of what this thread really alludes to) the sake of argument, it is really cut and dry.

Quote:
Do you believe that money and sex are not both an exchange of value?

Everything we do in life either provides value to ourselves, to others, or to both. Money and sex just happened to be two of the most desired forms of value.
Absolutely money and sex are an exchange of value, not to mention a service; this is very true Captain...

Quote:
Sex, as a form of currency and value exchange, is not socially acceptable.

It's certainly used that way, in certain cases, but it's not promoted as such.
Well, it is socially acceptable in some circles and in certain cases it is certainly used that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Sex, money, who cares. Can't buy me love.
One of many smart things I have read here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
It doesn't make any sense to direct this thread title to "Feminists out there". If anything, feminists would argue that women should pay their own way, and would certainly be the last to say women should strive to be taken care of by a man. Do you really not understand feminism, or is it just your blanket label for women you feel bitter toward?
That is why some women choose professional work...so they can pay their own way.

Brothels in Nevada

List of brothels in Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and three more little words...

High-End Prostitution

Dirty Money: The Business of High End Prostitution

Honestly, the way some men feel about women and money they should just use professional services and in that way there is no misunderstanding on anyone's part of what money and sex have in common.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Old 01-13-2013, 06:15 PM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Quote:

Okay, first off, you have made up a definition of what feminism is, and then say "given that definition a woman is going to" as if it were fact. It shows me you know absolutely nothing about feminism, which is a political movement, not an excuse to vilify men - if you know women who identify themselves as feminists but do this, know that this behavior you talk about has nothing to do with feminism. To say feminism is about backing any woman no matter what she does is like saying the Equal Rights movements for blacks was about backing any black man regardless of who or what he stood for. It's just not true, and IMO speaks more to your fears than your actual knowledge of women's issues or history.

As far as outliving its' uselessness, that is ridiculous, considering we just had a national political candidate stating that no "legitimate" rape could result in pregnancy, and the fact that man represents others who think like him, and contributed money that got him far enough to run as the representative of a state in the USA. If you have daughters or sisters, that should scare you, too. Afghanistan just had a girl who was shot in the head for advocating that girls be allowed to get an education. Iran has a law saying a father can kill his daughter for "shaming the family" if she gets raped. Feminism, just as other human rights movements, stretches and has influence and therefore is needed, worldwide. It is our U.S. movement, where it all began, that other countries look to for guidance, money and resources to ensure basic human rights to the girls and women of their country. It is here that the Afghan girl was brought for medical care, and one could argue that anyone who helped care for her in any capacity helped the cause of feminism, since that is what this girl was advocating for.

As for hating men and sex, since it's feminists defending our right to have access to birth control, I doubt this is true, and doubt you have anything to back it up that's more well thought-out and researched than what your friend's friend Mary said about men at that party you went to.

Frankly, you come off to me as just another bitter guy who hasn't created the life he wants, and uses the 'stacked deck' that "feminism" supposedly created, as an excuse.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 01-13-2013 at 06:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships