Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 AM

3,997 posts, read 5,012,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
kick her to the curb?

I wouldn't kick my GF to the curb if she wanted sex during the SB, but she would understand that it's the biggest game of the year, and after that game I pay way less attention to the TV. Also, I've never spent a single SB in my own home before, always out with friends so odds are of it happening during the SB are like 0%.
I was just being silly...sorry it didn't translate!

I wouldn't think you'd shun a GF for something like that...you seem much too nice (and interested in girls ). I know the SB is the ultimate game of the year...I also enjoy it, even if I don't care who's playing. Anyway, this has been an interesting discussion...it really boils down to if both parties are interested in the same thing at the same time...timing is important, you know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 08:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Big sports fans and I would not be compatible. Beyond an appreciation for cheering crowds and brass bands, and loyalty to a particular college team due to family history, I really could not care less about football. Superbowl parties are for the food and commercials. I know the Super Bowl is coming up because I'll never forget my brother-in-law skipped his grandfather's funeral so that he could propose to his girlfriend during a Super Bowl party. My husband probably knows who's playing, but I don't and do not care beyond enjoying some of the spectacle when it's on. Pass the nachos.

Different strokes.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:23 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,614,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
So, it was a close NFL game yesterday - 2nd quarter, hubby's very favorite team. Most important game of the season for him. He had a cold beer in his hand and he just looked so.... irresistible. And I like a challenge. At first he tries to watch football, drink beer, and also mess around at the same time. This does not work for me. Football is just too distracting for him, so I must lead him to the next room. He happily gives in and is back to watch by the 4th quarter. Quickies do have their place.

So my question - Are there many men who would really choose to watch football over having sex? What if it's the Superbowl?
There's always DVR, did he sneak record it before you lead him to the bedroom?? Just kidding, I think most guys would go with some persuasion.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Moderator cut: image removed

I'm sorry....what was the question???

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 10:16 AM..

Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,357,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
You can put the remote on her back too.
I had to chime in on this one.

It reminds me of that crass joke, which I can only PARTIALLY describe:
Q: Why do women have .....
A: .... like a six-pack.

Fill in the blanks, for those of you who have heard it. Even I found that one slightly offensive, but still funny.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:52 PM

855 posts, read 1,383,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
If I met a woman who knew just as much about football as I did I'd be impressed and interested.

But they are few and far between.
Oh boy it makes me excited when I hear a woman start talking about defenses, tackling, coverages and secondary schemes.

Once at a baseball game I overheard a couple of hot ladies thoroughly discuss pitching. I was almost floored yet turned on at the same time hearing them talk about pitch sequence, pick-off moves, fastball count, command and control. I tell ya it almost knocked me out and I have to say I was impressed.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Oh boy it makes me excited when I hear a woman start talking about defenses, tackling, coverages and secondary schemes.

Once at a baseball game I overheard a couple of hot ladies thoroughly discuss pitching. I was almost floored yet turned on at the same time hearing them talk about pitch sequence, pick-off moves, fastball count, command and control. I tell ya it almost knocked me out and I have to say I was impressed.
There's more female baseball fans than football fans from what I've seen. I think it's because it's easier to understand and there's a bunch of leagues you can join and play.

Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,466,473 times
Instead of a super bowl party, I think I'll have a sex party at the same time for those who don't watch football. Anyone interested? LOL

Old 01-18-2013, 04:28 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,372,889 times
Default Thread Recap...

Thanks for all the responses... Seems to me the opinions are split pretty evenly between football and sex? Maybe I should have created a survey with this thread. Can I go back and add one?

There are a lot more men who would pick football then I thought.

I did find this "official" British survey where 54% favor futball (not American football).

http://www.footballfancast.com/featu...h-zoo-magazine
A survey out today suggests that such is the passion for the game in Britain, 54 per cent of football fans would pick football over sex if they had to choose one.
Results:
Sex or football: if you could only have one, which would you choose?
Sex 46%
Football 54%

Here is also some neuroscientific research on the matter:

The Myth about Sex and Football

"For years women have been saying that some men are more interested in football than sex. According to scientists, the part of brain associated with intense pleasure which has been associated with arousal, is most active at the time when a goal is scored, compared to other times.

Experiments have proved that activity in the anterior cingulated cortex (ACC) of the brain is substantially higher when a goal is scored than when chances are missed and in open play. Interesting point is that the ACC is also highly active at times of intense pleasure. It was found that the ACC was one of the brain areas involved with arousal in both men and women.

According to the researchers the pleasure stimulus evokes responses which are similar to that of goals being scored. It is a strong emotional stimulus and especially for those who are hardcore fans of their club."

Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Thanks for all the responses... Seems to me the opinions are split pretty evenly between football and sex? Maybe I should have created a survey with this thread. But there are a lot more men who would pick football then I thought.

I did find this "official" British survey where 54% favor futball (not American football).

Football Fans Survey 2011, brought to you by ZOO and FootballFanCast.com | FootballFanCast.com
A survey out today suggests that such is the passion for the game in Britain, 54 per cent of football fans would pick football over sex if they had to choose one.
Results:
Sex or football: if you could only have one, which would you choose?
Sex 46%
Football 54%

Here is also some neuroscientific research on the matter:

The Myth about Sex and Football

For years women have been saying that some men are more interested in football than sex. According to scientists, the part of brain associated with intense pleasure which has been associated with arousal, is most active at the time when a goal is scored, compared to other times.

Experiments have proved that activity in the anterior cingulated cortex (ACC) of the brain is substantially higher when a goal is scored than when chances are missed and in open play. Interesting point is that the ACC is also highly active at times of intense pleasure. It was found that the ACC was one of the brain areas involved with arousal in both men and women.

According to the researchers the pleasure stimulus evokes responses which are similar to that of goals being scored. It is a strong emotional stimulus and especially for those who are hardcore fans of their club.
And this is where my taxes go...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships