Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:17 PM

5 posts, read 6,763 times

Advertisements

"I don't even know who the **** you are, so why in the **** are you even talking to me?"
"I don't want to ****ing talk to you, I don't even ****ing know you"
"**** you"
"**** off"

This happened to me a few times in a nightclub/bar. I'm a good-looking guy and had zero problem with friends/dating/relations when I was in college.

After graduating college in a small town, it is easy to see that socializing and meeting people is not what it used to be. In fact, I NEVER GOT that hostility from any new people when IN college, but that's just how it is if you're male and in a small town with limited post-college social events before moving.

Rejection itself is not the issue. If the girl said something like "I'm flattered but I am not interested in meeting any people right now" or "Thanks, my friends need me", then it's cool. But I have to wonder why the extreme level of hostility?

Are these girls taking full advantage of the fact that he must approach, and maximizing this to feed her ego? Is she mad that women were wrongfully treated in the past (denied vote, etc) and mistreated in the world, and this is her way of asserting her dominance ("men aren't so powerful now in the nightclub"). Or maybe it's because everyone would be on the woman's side which empowers her to do whatever she wants with no consequence (the bouncer would throw out the man no matter what he did out of a sense of chivalry towards the woman and a certain view of men)

What was the worst rude rejection you'd ever received?
Why do some people reject in the matter above instead of just a simple "I'm not interested"? While in a small town for the time being till I meet my next girlfriend in a bigger city, it just makes meeting people & approaching much more harder, though I persist, with increasing misogyny and seething anger.

Last edited by chairlift040; 01-14-2013 at 12:00 AM..

Old 01-13-2013, 11:38 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chairlift040 View Post
"I don't even know who the **** you are, so why in the **** are you even talking to me? Do I know you? No I don't, so why are you even ****ing talking to me?"
"I don't want to ****ing talk to you, I don't even ****ing know you"
"**** you"
"**** off"

This happened to me a few times in a nightclub/bar. I'm a good-looking guy and had zero problem with friends/dating/relations when I was in college.

After graduating college in a small town, it is easy to see that socializing and meeting people is not what it used to be. In fact, I NEVER GOT that hostility from any new people when IN college, but that's just how it is if you're male and in a small town with limited post-college social events before moving.

Rejection itself is not the issue. If the girl said something like "I'm flattered but I am not interested in meeting any people right now" or "Thanks, my friends need me", then it's cool. But I have to wonder why the extreme level of hostility?

Are these girls taking full advantage of the fact that he must approach, and maximizing this to feed her ego? Is she mad that women were wrongfully treated in the past (denied vote, etc) and mistreated in the world, and this is her way of asserting her dominance ("men aren't so powerful now in the nightclub"). Or maybe it's because everyone would be on the woman's side which empowers her to do whatever she wants with no consequence (the bouncer would throw out the man no matter what he did out of a sense of chivalry towards the woman and a certain view of men)

What was the worst rude rejection you'd ever received?
Why do some people reject in the matter above instead of just a simple "I'm not interested"? While in a small town for the time being till I meet my next girlfriend in a bigger city, it just makes meeting people & approaching much more harder, though I persist, with increasing misogyny and seething anger.
Honestly, I don't remember....and neither should you. It doesn't matter.

It might take me 100 nasty rejections to find 1 awesome girl. To me, that's totally worth it.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:43 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
never had a bad rejection.
not unless you count being told "not interested" as a bad thing

Old 01-13-2013, 11:50 PM

3,703 posts, read 3,778,485 times
The worst wasn't bad. Something like "I have a boyfriend" or "I'm not looking to get involved right now". Nothing like what the OP said

Old 01-13-2013, 11:59 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times
Pffft... They're strangers, who cares?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Most of my rejections in real life have been of the "thanks but I have a girlfriend" variety. I assume most of them did have girlfriends but none were nasty. When I was in 8th grade this guy I liked got up and said "I don't like you" to the rest of the class but that was being immature.

Honestly I have had some really doozies while doing online. Most of them were just cruel, telling me I wasn't pretty enough or young enough for them (and most of the guys were uggos). Some were completely unprovoked by men contacting me for no reason.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMechanical View Post
The worst wasn't bad. Something like "I have a boyfriend" or "I'm not looking to get involved right now". Nothing like what the OP said
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
never had a bad rejection.
not unless you count being told "not interested" as a bad thing

This.

I don't know what the hell some of you are doing

Old 01-14-2013, 12:14 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
This.

I don't know what the hell some of you are doing
More ballsy approaches will get you nastier rejections.

No risk, no reward.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Did you just go up to them and say hello?

Unless you groped them or were lascivious it does sound pretty hostile.

I've never truly been rejected. One time a girl I went on a few dates said that 'us dating probably isn't going to work out' but I wasn't all that interested (maybe a bit) so it wasn't a big blow.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
I didn't consider this nasty but at the time I felt rejected. I met a guy from POF, we spent a few hours talking and going for a snack and discussing a future date where we went hiking. He then asked for my phone number, he gave me his and said he would call me that week to set it up. Later that week (after wondering why he didn't contact me sooner)he emailed me and said he hadn't contacted me sooner because he wasn't sure how to tell me he felt no chemistry. I thanked him for letting me know and told him I was iffy about him as well. I don't think this was nasty though.

I do remember a nasty rejection and it involved telephone dating (which was big late 80's-early 90's). I met this guy and his friends at the Museum of Science and Industry and I brought a friend of mine and one of his friends who lived by me. We then met him and his two other friends there. We walked around and he barely talked to me but his two friends did. After walking around one of his friends suggested we all go to a club or somewhere to talk more privately. Everyone agreed except the guy, who claimed he had things to do so we then split up. When we got in the car his friend got quiet and said he wasn't interested. Only it got somewhat nasty because she started telling me why he didn't like me and how I needed to improve my looks. By the time we got to the place I was going to drop her off (luckily a short drive)I started getting nasty with her though she told me she was just relaying what he told her. Me and my friend dropped her off and I starting crying and getting angry. Long story short I found out my friend who drove there had an interest in me but I wasn't interested in him because he was suffering from schizophrenia.

It doesn't stop there though. The next day he gets on the chat line and tells everyone how fat I was. Keep in mind he was big himself (though he claimed he worked out)and I was around 140 pounds at 5'7. Yes bigger than I normally was, but still not chubby really. He ended up giving my phone number to other people who started to harass me. A year later he did this again, and then I gave out his number on the chat line and he had me arrested for phone harassment. I went to court but it was thrown out.

I later found out from someone else who met him that he had a vendetta against women around his height (he was about 5'8 I believe)and automatically thought they were ugly. I told him my height so I often wonder if he wanted to meet me just to be cruel. I will never know. I did sent him a photo before I met him and he thought I was pretty so who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships