Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I just don't want to date a hunter
Are you a vegetarian/vegan?
Do you date people that eat meat?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:35 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Are you a vegetarian/vegan?
Do you date people that eat meat?
Sorry, not taking this thread off-topic. I've explained why I don't date hunters many, many times. If you are that into trying to be up in my face, go back in my gazillion posts and resurrect the threads.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Sorry, not taking this thread off-topic. I've explained why I don't date hunters many, many times. If you are that into trying to be up in my face, go back in my gazillion posts and resurrect the threads.
Sorry. I don't have your faceless internet persona memorized.

Seems pretty hypocritical to date a guy who'd buy hamburger but not a guy who'd shoot a buffalo.

Perhaps you have valid reasons though.

But I'm not interested enough to search through the CD Relationship annals.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:52 AM

664 posts, read 773,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
People who use the phrase "liberal media talking points" are just another kind of brainwashed. Interestingly enough, that's a deal breaker in a way that gun ownership will never be for me.

and what facts do you use to base your hatred of guns? That they are just "evil"? You are more likely to be killed in a car accident, murdered with bare hands, knives or a baseball bat than you are ever to be shot with a gun. People who have an illogical fear of guns are brainwashed by the media, plain and simple.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mn311601 View Post
and what facts do you use to base your hatred of guns? That they are just "evil"? You are more likely to be killed in a car accident, murdered with bare hands, knives or a baseball bat than you are ever to be shot with a gun. People who have an illogical fear of guns are brainwashed by the media, plain and simple.
How about shot with a gun/utility derived from gun compared to killed in car accident/utility derived from a car?

Old 01-15-2013, 06:05 AM

365 posts, read 490,112 times
Same here in michigan it's not a very big deal. Nothing is really thought of anyone that takes advantage of the second amendment.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:17 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I own several firearms and a bow. They are all properly stored (one shotgun does ride under the backseat of my pick-up). Would this be cause for concern? The layperson wouldn't even know I owned them unless I told them or they know me well enough. Thoughts?

Only if you didn't open the safe and show me the goods! LOL

If I didn't know the person for years enough to know their personal history I would run a background check on them to see if they had a history of violence/crime. That combo would be a deal breaker.

I've never known gun crazies though. The gun owners I know up to this point in my life are generally a calmer lot of people. I also like that when the collection comes out for play its fun to show the guy up on accuracy. LOL. FIL says "girls tend to shoot more accurately" I think he just says that so he doesn't have to admit I am a better shot period. Ha!

I agree..it is kinda like the "shoes" thing but for dudes.

I couldn't date a hunter that processed at home. That stuff is gross and it smells weird.
Yeah. Really mature opinion but ugh...anyone that has ever been in a cleaning room knows what
I am talking about. I don't even like cleaning whole fish myself because of the nasty mess.

Old 01-15-2013, 06:40 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
I own several firearms and a bow. They are all properly stored (one shotgun does ride under the backseat of my pick-up). Would this be cause for concern? The layperson wouldn't even know I owned them unless I told them or they know me well enough. Thoughts?
Certainly not for me. I'm getting a cc permit soon, so I am all for responsible gun ownership.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:15 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
You know I am sitting here thinking of all of the men in my family, and I can only think of one who probably does not own a gun, and I have a very large family.

I was around guns a lot as a child, and had some of my own, just pellet and bb guns. I then went through a stage as I got older and became a parent where I was against weapons.

I think growing up, guns were just everywhere. They were not in safes, we just knew not to touch them. As time went on and I became a parent I thought about it. Guns laying around the house+kids+kids friends=disaster. There were no guns in my household.

I was never really taught about gun safety, per se. Now, as an adult, with grown children and the influence of people with guns who lock them up and keep them safe, I am more understanding of them.

I have begun shooting and would love to own one or several of my own. Not sure if that will happen with all that is going on currently.

I don't see the problem with a man who owns guns, as long as he cares for them properly and know what he is doing with them.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:32 AM

1,866 posts, read 2,702,572 times
Quote:
its one thing to have ONE gun and then maybe ONE for hunting, that's fine, then a bow i could understand, anything more than that is overkill. Call me crazy, but if a girl uses a gun that is NOT a turn on for me, personal protection i get, but if she hunts and does all that then yes it is a deal breaker, it's just a turn off for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships