Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:49 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,409,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I'm just saying you want to be disrespectful no reason and don't want anyone to call you out on it. Keep it civil and I'll do the same.
I was making a sarcastic joke. Maybe it was a disrespectful joke..but oh well.

Of course I was not kidding that I don't date these types though...but can I make a sarcastic joke about the type I would never date?

touche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Nothing. It's equally as easy as meeting someone and saying "Hey, want to hang out this evening?"

I don't see the point that you are trying to make
You would really take a girl seriously who was always available at the last minute to "hang out"?? I'd be worried if she even has a job!

Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 PM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Nothing. It's equally as easy as meeting someone and saying "Hey, want to hang out this evening?"

I don't see the point that you are trying to make
The topic was about last-minute invitations to hang out. Follow the convo backwards, and you'll see we started by saying that doesn't work.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Why must we always jump to these ridiculous extremes?

Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
How can you like someone before you know them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
If you do put yourself out there will it guarantee success? Will the person even care that you made the effort?
If you like me and we've been 'hanging out', you'd better ask me out on a real, actual date before anything happens. We can be friends, but there will be no 'relationshippy' or dating things happening if that's going on. I think that's the big difference, many people go from 'hanging out' to a full blown relationship and to me that seems odd.

If we're hanging out, we're friends. If you want some sort of relationship then you'd better be asking me out on a real date and going from there.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
You would really take a girl seriously who was always available at the last minute to "hang out"??
Why must we always jump to the most absurd conclusions?
Did I post anywhere about expecting the person to always be available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The topic was about last-minute invitations to hang out. Follow the convo backwards, and you'll see we started by saying that doesn't work.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just like planning things in advance.

I'd not advise someone to ALWAYS make last minute plans. But there's nothing wrong with doing it.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If we're hanging out, we're friends. If you want some sort of relationship then you'd better be asking me out on a real date and going from there.
I still don't see what the difference is between hanging out and a real date.

Is hanging out casual and a date formal?

If so, why is a formal date required?

*By formal and casual I'm talking about type of dress, atmosphere of the location, etc...

Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Why must we always jump to the most absurd conclusions?
Did I post anywhere about expecting the person to always be available?

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Just like planning things in advance.

I'd not advise someone to ALWAYS make last minute plans. But there's nothing wrong with doing it.

still..we are not going to be available much of the time. And the only time I let guys spontaneously hang out with me is once he is my boyfriend...but he has to be the one coming to me if I'm in the middle of something. I think that's fair.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
still..we are not going to be available much of the time. And the only time I let guys spontaneously hang out with me is once he is my boyfriend...but he has to be the one coming to me if I'm in the middle of something. I think that's fair.
WTF fair?

If you were getting to know a guy and he called you up and said, "hey, a some of my friends and I just decided to go [insert activity that you would enjoy] and I'd like you to come", you would decline even if you wanted to go and could go just because it's 'spontaneous' and he's not coming to you?

Why?

Old 01-14-2013, 10:01 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
What's the difference between: (a) "Hey, I'm taking the boat out tomorrow, you want to come along, invite some friends?" and (b) "Would you like to go out tomorrow, like maybe to the lake on my boat?"

What is the more interesting offer?... asking you to hang out with me, or me asking you out on a "date"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships