Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 08:46 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've always found it interesting that on this forum so many of the men think there is no difference between wanting a relationship with someone and wanting to just bang them and leave.

To so many men here, they are the exact same thing.
Hope you don't think the guys who come on here represent the normal guy. Too bad you feel this way about men in real life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 08:49 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I am deathly afraid of getting older. It seems that when a woman approaches 30, she is no longer valuable or desirable to men as younger girls are. They'll just toss me aside and start chasing after 19 year olds. This is a very depressing state. If I get married, will my husband still lust after me or will he want to trade me in for a 20 year old??
Absolutely not.

Women ripen in their 30's and 40's.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hope you don't think the guys who come on here represent the normal guy. Too bad you feel this way about men in real life.
Why is it too bad?
I'm just cautious regarding other people, especially men. You only have to get burned a few times before you learn that you should be careful with fire.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:56 PM

868 posts, read 1,121,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why is it too bad?
I'm just cautious regarding other people, especially men. You only have to get burned a few times before you learn that you should be careful with fire.
I'm sure the same can be said for the men here. I've been burnt by many a woman. Do I hate or resent women in general and judge them? No. I consciously try not to.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:00 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,237 times
want to know abouit real life? i had a very difficult pregnancy with my twins and i was advised to get my tubes tied by my doctor. the tubal ligation was major surgery and i asked him if he would be ok with getting his tubes tied.. and u know what he told me?

"no way!! what happens if i meet someone else and she wants children .. im going to deny her wish because of you? "

my husband told me that if i get my tubes tied, i would be undesirable to him because i cant get pregnant anymore. he said that if this was the caveman days i wouldnt be sought after because i can no longer carry a child. he has also said that if we were to divorce ever in the future, (because believe me, i have brought it up after that vasectomy remark) he would find someone so quick and she would be young and fertile but i would no longer be desirable because id be older and a mom to my twin girls. but him, no, he can find someone fresh and new and have a family all over again. but im used damaged goods.

so yes, not every guy is a douche but the stereotypical guys are. the shallow ones and such like my husband who i just mentioned are the ones who make it very hard to belive that nice guys do exist.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
I'm sure the same can be said for the men here. I've been burnt by many a woman. Do I hate or resent women in general and judge them? No. I consciously try not to.
I definitely don't hate men, I just don't trust them until proven that I can. Same with women, really...so basically I distrust everyone until proven otherwise.

I have a large group of male friends and I've worked in male dominated industries and seen how these guys treat women and talk about them when they're not around. I think that gives me a different insight than women who may work with a few guys and who date.

If you worked with all women and they just sat around talking about how much they were going to screw around on their boyfriends, they didn't hire certain men because they weren't hot enough and they actively talked about how men were only good for one thing...money! If this happened at more than one workplace, and with women who you met out and about, would you start questioning strange women's motives? I know if I was a guy, I certainly would.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 PM

491 posts, read 569,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Absolutely not.

Women ripen in their 30's and 40's.
Actually they peak during their mid twenties. Anything after that their fertility declines. Notice the emphasis on youth in women with products like botox and makeup which cater almost exclusively to women. Men are utilities based on what they can provide. Notice the overwhelming number of homeless men vs women in the streets or the sheer number of male deaths in the battlefield vs female. If men cant do anything they are useless. Women are wanted because they are women. Men are wanted because of what they can do.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,781,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
want to know abouit real life? i had a very difficult pregnancy with my twins and i was advised to get my tubes tied by my doctor. the tubal ligation was major surgery and i asked him if he would be ok with getting his tubes tied.. and u know what he told me?

"no way!! what happens if i meet someone else and she wants children .. im going to deny her wish because of you? "

my husband told me that if i get my tubes tied, i would be undesirable to him because i cant get pregnant anymore. he said that if this was the caveman days i wouldnt be sought after because i can no longer carry a child. he has also said that if we were to divorce ever in the future, (because believe me, i have brought it up after that vasectomy remark) he would find someone so quick and she would be young and fertile but i would no longer be desirable because id be older and a mom to my twin girls. but him, no, he can find someone fresh and new and have a family all over again. but im used damaged goods.

so yes, not every guy is a douche but the stereotypical guys are. the shallow ones and such like my husband who i just mentioned are the ones who make it very hard to belive that nice guys do exist.
Tell him not to worry, even after a vasectomy a testicular biopsy can be performed to obtain sperm for IVF. Simple procedure, just takes a strip of tissue from the testicle and is done with mild sedation.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
Actually they peak during their mid twenties. Anything after that their fertility declines. Notice the emphasis on youth in women with products like botox and makeup which cater almost exclusively to women. Men are utilities based on what they can provide. Notice the overwhelming number of homeless men vs women in the streets or the sheer number of male deaths in the battlefield vs female. If men cant do anything they are useless. Women are wanted because they are women. Men are wanted because of what they can do.
I would much rather be desired for what I can do and what I can provide over the genetic lottery that is my looks. If you're an unattractive woman, you're screwed. At least if you're an unattractive man, you can learn how to do something and you'll be attractive again.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 PM

803 posts, read 1,879,237 times
unexpected error, wow i didnt know that. the vasectomy convo was a while back he started saying stupid mean things that just feed into the streotypical jerk guythe op was talkin about. a man who thinks about or actually trades a girl in when she old for a new young one.

i read jetjockeys post and i have to say shes right. she said she works in a male dominated place and hears the convos that go on so of course shes not going to trust any guy that comes along but also, will be on guard because she has heard all the inside talk some guys talk about. im so sure if a man worked in a female dominated place, he would hear all the back talk girls talk about therefore he would be more aware and cautious with the next woman hes with because he has an idea of what women or some women are thinking about.

havin friends of the opposite sex talk about relationships and what goes thru their mind gives u kinda like a "heads up" of what to expect with your own dating situations. not every person is the same.. but it sorta paints the picture , u know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships