Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM

491 posts, read 569,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I would much rather be desired for what I can do and what I can provide over the genetic lottery that is my looks. If you're an unattractive woman, you're screwed. At least if you're an unattractive man, you can learn how to do something and you'll be attractive again.
no such thing as a completely unattractive woman. Some guy somewhere will sleep with any woman since weve established that men will do anything with a vagina so any woman has a shot with a man though probably not a rich one. If men offer nothing they get nothing. Seems easier to just exist than to work for affection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 10:09 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
want to know abouit real life? i had a very difficult pregnancy with my twins and i was advised to get my tubes tied by my doctor. the tubal ligation was major surgery and i asked him if he would be ok with getting his tubes tied.. and u know what he told me?

"no way!! what happens if i meet someone else and she wants children .. im going to deny her wish because of you? "

my husband told me that if i get my tubes tied, i would be undesirable to him because i cant get pregnant anymore. he said that if this was the caveman days i wouldnt be sought after because i can no longer carry a child. he has also said that if we were to divorce ever in the future, (because believe me, i have brought it up after that vasectomy remark) he would find someone so quick and she would be young and fertile but i would no longer be desirable because id be older and a mom to my twin girls. but him, no, he can find someone fresh and new and have a family all over again. but im used damaged goods.

so yes, not every guy is a douche but the stereotypical guys are. the shallow ones and such like my husband who i just mentioned are the ones who make it very hard to belive that nice guys do exist.
Pardon me, Mandy, but why are you still with this jerk? These statements are alarming! Clearly, he's not at all concerned for your welfare and the risk to you another pregnancy would represent. This guy isn't husband material.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBomb View Post
no such thing as a completely unattractive woman. Some guy somewhere will sleep with any woman since weve established that men will do anything with a vagina so any woman has a shot with a man though probably not a rich one. If men offer nothing they get nothing. Seems easier to just exist than to work for affection
Once again.

Being desired for only sex is NOT A COMPLIMENT. In fact, it's a huge insult.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Very true. That being said, if a woman is mediocre-looking but she is a kind person and she gives her man a lot of sex, that can go a long way to make her more desirable.
How is the guy supposed to know she has a high sex drive if he brushes her off because of her looks? Your argument makes no sense.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
How is the guy supposed to know she has a high sex drive if he brushes her off because of her looks? Your argument makes no sense.
He probably took her home one night as a ONS. Of course, if she's unattractive he may keep her around as a FWB or string her along, but it's not like he's going to be introducing her to his friends or family.

A high sex drive is great, but in the end, if a guy isn't happy with how she looks nothing else really matters.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
I swear for threads like these bring out the misogynist jerks who judge women based on their looks and age. Have a wonderful life with your hands. Thank you to the sane men and women who realize these people are just lonely pathetic losers.

Anyway, if all men judged on looks then only thin pretty young women would get married. Yet strangely I've seen overweight (and yes even obese), older, and even down right homely get married, imagine that.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 PM

491 posts, read 569,405 times
Quote:
He probably took her home one night as a ONS. Of course, if she's unattractive he may keep her around as a FWB or string her along, but it's not like he's going to be introducing her to his friends or family.

A high sex drive is great, but in the end, if a guy isn't happy with how she looks nothing else really matters.
And if a man isnt ambitious and driven he gets moved aside for a more successful man. Not to mention men dont get sexual propositions nearly as much as women do which is why men dont understand why women complain about being sex objects when men must be somewhat successful to even be considered attractive. On top of that you have the male standard of attractiveness which is far stricter than a womans, look at any magazine or romance book cover which is why male success can compensate. That and men can have kids til he dies and dont have an exact sterility peak.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,185 times
Quote:
Once again.

How is being desired for sex an insult and not a compliment?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 PM

Quote:

We had a thread once on whether guys prefer women who look hot but are duds in bed, or women who look plain but are firecrackers in bed. The majority chose the 2nd option. But if they're not willing to date and get to know plain or average women, how would they ever be able to strike that particular vein of gold?

Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
How is being desired for sex an insult and not a compliment?
Sometimes one word can change the whole context of a statement.

The word in this case is "only"

Reread the post......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships